Page 1 of 140 12341151101 ... LastLast

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Just starting afresh in the shiny new forum

For anyone that isn't familiar with this thread then it's just a bunch of us who really like the X Files, talking about anything & everything...even the X Files sometimes

The original is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/starg...ges?msg=3249.1

see it really did start out as a proper thread! Oh & the 2nd thread is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/starg...ges?msg=7754.1

Anyway enough of my rambling....Tracey, Sat, Loopy...where are you guys?!

Sis
    Last edited by thelittlesis; May 4th, 2004 at 01:19 AM. Reason: to add stuff!

First Lieutenant Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)'s Avatar

Talking Re: X Files, but mainly everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlesis
    Just starting afresh in the shiny new forum

Anyway enough of my rambling....Tracey, Sat, Loopy...where are you guys?!

Sis
    *runs into the new shiny forum and gives a big huggle to you*

I am here; I am here hun .

Woo hoo, I am so glad you started a new thread . So you can reply to my other post in the old thread here, if you want that is .

So now all we need is Sat and Loopy.....come on you 2, get over here!!!!

~Tracey~

*edited* to say that I will reply to your email tomorrow morning/afternoon as I have a day off *yay* .
    Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); May 4th, 2004 at 12:16 PM.

Default Re: X Files, but mainly everything else!

WOOHOO!

It was beginning to look all lonely & empty!

(((((huggles)))))

Like your new username btw, oh & yep i'll post a reply from the other thread in here...when I can find it!

Nice to have you here

Sis

So you're off today, that means your working on saturday right?

Re: X Files, but mainly everything else!

WOOHOO!
    Woo hoo indeed!

Like your new username btw
    Thank you . Well when I got Darren to delete my account I thought to myself that I wanted a new nickname as I had Warrior_of_light for a while now. And as we can't change nicknames I decided to go with this one . It is the title of a Leann Rimes cd (not that it is mine, it is my mums ) and I liked it so I used it .

So you're off today, that means your working on saturday right?
    Yep, you are spot on . I work on Saturday; it kind of sucks in a way but it is ok because I had today off. And a Wednesday is good; it splits the week up .

And *yay* to replying to the other post soon . Oh and have you been in the food fight thread lately, it is lonely in there ...go in!

~Tracey~

Btw...I will one day make a sig with my name so I don't have to keep typing it .

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
    Thank you . It is the title of a Leann Rimes cd (not that it is mine, it is my mums ) and I liked it so I used it .
    Aren't we the highly original pair, I got my name from a book & you got yours from a cd!

Yep, you are spot on . I work on Saturday; it kind of sucks in a way but it is ok because I had today off. And a Wednesday is good; it splits the week up .
    So maybe i'll see you then, and your lovely hat i'm probably coming over....meeting my best friend

And *yay* to replying to the other post soon . Oh and have you been in the food fight thread lately, it is lonely in there ...go in!
    I was going to reply now but AOL's being a pain so probably not the best idea just at the moment!(I seem to have lost all ability to spell correctly too!) And GMTA, i've just been into the food fight. I'm finding it a little strange not having anyone post specifically to me but i'm getting used to it!

Sis

Earth Symbol Re: X Files, but mainly everything else!

Aren't we the highly original pair, I got my name from a book & you got yours from a cd!
    *Giggles* I know...we so can not be bothered to think to much . But hey, I think they are both good, we should have so credit for actually stealing good names .

So maybe i'll see you then, and your lovely hat i'm probably coming over....meeting my best friend
    Oh are you serious . Maybe I should hide, I look terrible. Nah, it is great you are going over to Brum. I may not be able to talk a lot because the manager is always around and doesn't like people standing around to talk. But just to see you would be cool .

I was going to reply now but AOL's being a pain so probably not the best idea just at the moment!(I seem to have lost all ability to spell correctly too!)
    Aaawww that is ok...reply when you can . LOL it is the same for me...I always spell things wrong. MS word is very handy in that case .

i've just been into the food fight. I'm finding it a little strange not having anyone post specifically to me but i'm getting used to it!
    Oh me too...that is why I miss Delphi . But we just have to get used to it...well we just quote each other anyway .

~Tracey~
    Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); May 5th, 2004 at 09:59 AM.

*Giggles* I know...we so can not be bothered to think to much .
    The thing is though, I had thought an awful lot about it & couldn't decide so I went for the book option instead

Oh are you serious . Maybe I should hide, I look terrible.
    Oh i'm sure you don't look that bad! And yep i'm serious about coming to Brum, but I don't know what we're doing so I might see you, I might not. We will have to meet up again soon though

LOL it is the same for me...I always spell things wrong. MS word is very handy in that case .
    I tend to be very picky about spellings, but yesterday I just don't think my brain was working at all, and it's not like I misspelled my own name or anything......

Sis

Probably a stupid question, but have you guys been following the recent news of The X-Files 2?

Quote Originally Posted by D.C.
    Probably a stupid question, but have you guys been following the recent news of The X-Files 2?
    The last thing I heard was that David Duchovny said it was definitely going ahead. Other than that I don't really know anything, i'm just hoping that if it does happen Chris Carter doesn't screw it up like he did with seasons 8 & 9. Not that i'm bitter or anything

Sis

Well I heard Chris Carters co-writing it with Frank Spotnitz. (One of my favourite X-Files writer.) It's apparently going to be standalone and 20th Century Fox want to attract a big name star to the project before they give it the go ahead. (A couple of weeks ago some site claimed they were trying to get Robin Williams. )

Season Eight wasn't that bad.

Re: X Files, but mainly everything else!

The thing is though, I had thought an awful lot about it & couldn't decide so I went for the book option instead
    LOL oh the same here. When Darren deleted my account I thought I should come up with a new name. I thought a long time about it but came up with nothing. Nothing seemed to come to me, or the ones I did think of were not at all good!

Oh i'm sure you don't look that bad!]
    I do, I do Hehe. Like I explained in the email I just sent you (oh and in that email I said I couldn't get on here...but *yay* I can ), I get very red when I am hot and with the uniform, well, I look awful! Well I hope you have a nice time and if you don't come in that is ok (and *yay* you won't have to see me looking like an over-cooked lobster ). Yep, we will indeed have to meet up soon .

I tend to be very picky about spellings, but yesterday I just don't think my brain was working at all, and it's not like I misspelled my own name or anything......
    Hehe, well at least you like to be correct . *Giggles* you know, I have done that before, misspelled my own name that is. I think it was in an exam, I must have been very nervous .

((((((((huggles)))))))))))
    Thought I would bring it back into our thread .

~Tracey~

Woo hoo! Someone has actually ventured into out thread .

Like Sis said, I have only heard to that David Duchovney said that Chris Carter has a script in mind but nothing else. They didn't even know if Gillian Anderson was coming back!
    Getting Robin Williams...now that would be weird to see him in XF .

~Tracey~

Well I heard Chris Carters co-writing it with Frank Spotnitz. (One of my favourite X-Files writer.) It's apparently going to be standalone and 20th Century Fox want to attract a big name star to the project before they give it the go ahead. (A couple of weeks ago some site claimed they were trying to get Robin Williams. )

Season Eight wasn't that bad.
    A standalone doesn't sound that bad actually, but then after season 9's finale it can't get much worse, well IMO anyway. I hope it's not just going to be a continuation of that....i'd be really disappointed.

Robin Williams huh? Well it'd be interesting to see if nothing else!

And no, you're right, season 8 wasn't that bad....when you compare it to season 9!

So, just me being curious(and the fact that we haven't talked about XF in a looooong long time in here) what are your favourite XF eps, seasons etc?

Sis

Well I hope you have a nice time and if you don't come in that is ok (and *yay* you won't have to see me looking like an over-cooked lobster ). Yep, we will indeed have to meet up soon
    Aww thanks hun! Hopefully the journey won't be too stressful either(the trains are buses on a saturday at the moment).

Over cooked lobster?!! *giggles*

Hehe, well at least you like to be correct . *Giggles* you know, I have done that before, misspelled my own name that is. I think it was in an exam, I must have been very nervous .
    Ok that's a nice way of saying i'm picky but it's not like I don't admit it!

You've misspelled your name in an exam? Eek! Well it's not the important part at least. Yep nervous & exams do go together quite nicely!

(((((huggles)))))

Sis

Favourite episode would either be Detour or Patient X/The Red and the Black two parter. I also like that two parter on the train in Season Three. Season Three would probably be my favourite season. I don't really like Robin Williams. His serious stuff is almost as bad as his comedy stuff.

Here's some links with some info on The X-Files 2:
    http://www.geos.tv/index.php/article/txf/928
    http://www.geos.tv/index.php/article/txf/937
    http://www.geos.tv/index.php/article/txf/947

Favourite episode would either be Detour or Patient X/The Red and the Black two parter. I also like that two parter on the train in Season Three. Season Three would probably be my favourite season. I don't really like Robin Williams. His serious stuff is almost as bad as his comedy stuff.
    Detour is the one with the mothmen right? After all those seasons & many ep titles my brain gets a bit frazzled trying to remember which is which!

I do remember Patient X though, not so keen on it...I much prefer the really early mythology type ones like Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paperclip, when it wasn't all that complicated.

Robin Williams is ok, although i'm now trying to remember if I have actually seen him in something I liked . It would be interesting if he was in XF2, but i'm not sure that's a good thing or a bad thing really....

Ta for the links!

Sis

Aww thanks hun! Hopefully the journey won't be too stressful either(the trains are buses on a saturday at the moment).
    well of course I would only wish you the best time in Brum . Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I haven't been up on a Saturday in a while (will tomorrow though )...I hope the buses and trains are working properly. But I am on the bus every day at times when there is always bad traffic and so it takes ages to get into town .

Over cooked lobster?!! *giggles*
    Hehe, yes really . My skin goes bright red under very hot heat!

Ok that's a nice way of saying i'm picky but it's not like I don't admit it!
    Hm, I didn't mean too .
    I did indeed misspell my name in an exam . LOL yeah it is not and the paper that I did it on, I got a B . It was our favourite subject too, history .

(((((huggles))))))

~Tracey~

(and the fact that we haven't talked about XF in a looooong long time in here)
    *Giggles* I just had to post a reply to that . That is sooooo true. It is good that someone is actually talking about XF .

~Tracey~

Heh, I hope I'm not breaking some unwritten rule of not talking about The X-Files in The X-Files thread.

thelittlesis: Yeah, Detour is the mothman episode. I also like that Field Trip episode in Season Six when they're investigating the skeletons of two backbackers.

I absolutely loved the x-files ....season 1 to 7 ..with a few episodes in season 8 and 9.

Mulder and Scully were 2 great FBI investigators ..and what a chemistry there too...The x-files was sometimes funny , sometimes sad ,sometimes horrific ...the story arc was absoultley brilliant with Mulder , his abducted siter and his dad (Government conspiracy)..and Scully with her cancer since her abduction .

Space 1999 was my first series I got hooked (I was a teeny weeny girl)..but X-files in recent years got me hooked big time .Can't wait for the movie 2.

Wonder if they are still on the run by the way since "The truth"
    Wonder how long they stayed in that motel room?

MULDER AND SCULLY FOREVER TOGETHER

This was a really cool show .

Caty.