No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. So the final episode of Season 11 has just finished airing here in the UK, but just to avoid an international incident in case there are parts of the world it hasn't aired yet, I'm spoiler tagging this:

Spoiler:
    I enjoyed the final episode. I was getting bored of the William storyline and had been since Season 9 really. Whilst William somehow survived being shot through the head, I hope he slinks off into the darkness and puts himself into exile just like almost every other genetic mutant that's appeared across the 11 seasons. I never knew the kid nor did I really care about him beyond my emotional investment to him but ONLY through Mulder and Scully's POV. And then based on the opening dialogue and what little I saw of his life whilst growing up in My Struggle IV and briefly in Ghouli I didn't want a happy ending for him and The X-Files definitely did NOT need a 17-year old "X-Man" on tap. The kid was a menace to others whether they had a gun in his face or was just was a friendly guy giving him a lift in their truck.

But I am very happy knowing that Mulder and Scully believe their "son" is dead and I'm also happy with Scully's final realisation and summation of what the 17-year old pain in the *** really was - an experiment. He was never really theirs.

So hopefully Mulder and Scully have their closure as far as William is concerned and can move on together and nurture a safe and secure and danger-free pregnancy and love and raise a normal, naturally created baby free of mutant powers and conspiracies. A baby that is actually THEIRS. I want to believe in this for them.

If there is no Season 12 and this is the end of The X-Files I think they left it in a good place for these two amazing characters we've watched for 25-years.

Fox Mulder and Dana Scully have found their Truth.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Yeah it wasn't bad, but then it wasn't good either, very predictable, I have to say I guessed the ending right after they previewed it before the opening credits, so I've either become an expert predictor, or the quality of writing has dropped.

There's a lot of untapped potential, neither actor seems that interested in continuing, but there does seem to be an appetite for monster of the week episodes, so why they didn't do a few more episodes and include those clone younger sidekicks in their own stories is beyond me, this is the kind of series that cannot now be rebooted (because of the revival) too soon, and if your original cast members take another dump (Gillian Anderson says she's done with it) the only way to continue now is a spinoff, they had two perfect characters, but they were relegated to a 10 second cameo in the opening episode and never seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Okay. So the final episode of Season 11 has just finished airing here in the UK, but just to avoid an international incident in case there are parts of the world it hasn't aired yet, I'm spoiler tagging this:

Spoiler:
        I enjoyed the final episode. I was getting bored of the William storyline and had been since Season 9 really. Whilst William somehow survived being shot through the head, I hope he slinks off into the darkness and puts himself into exile just like almost every other genetic mutant that's appeared across the 11 seasons. I never knew the kid nor did I really care about him beyond my emotional investment to him but ONLY through Mulder and Scully's POV. And then based on the opening dialogue and what little I saw of his life whilst growing up in My Struggle IV and briefly in Ghouli I didn't want a happy ending for him and The X-Files definitely did NOT need a 17-year old "X-Man" on tap. The kid was a menace to others whether they had a gun in his face or was just was a friendly guy giving him a lift in their truck.

But I am very happy knowing that Mulder and Scully believe their "son" is dead and I'm also happy with Scully's final realisation and summation of what the 17-year old pain in the *** really was - an experiment. He was never really theirs.

So hopefully Mulder and Scully have their closure as far as William is concerned and can move on together and nurture a safe and secure and danger-free pregnancy and love and raise a normal, naturally created baby free of mutant powers and conspiracies. A baby that is actually THEIRS. I want to believe in this for them.

If there is no Season 12 and this is the end of The X-Files I think they left it in a good place for these two amazing characters we've watched for 25-years.

Fox Mulder and Dana Scully have found their Truth.
        I like your take on the finale, Alan.

If this is "The End" of the show, I'm more than fine with how things were left. Even the characters left in questionable states -- individual viewers can decide for themselves what their ultimate fates may be (barring any new episodes, of course).

Content aside, I will say for the record that Channel 5's treatment of X-Files watchers was abhorrent. Delaying the premiere, burning off episodes two-a-night, airing the show later & later until the final insult of broadcasting the finale at midnight.

I live in the States, but I was pissed off on behalf of the British X-Philes community.

Comment

Hello, we are Back Gallery Project, based in Vancouver, Canada. This May, we will be showcasing an exhibition titled as "The Making of the X-Files" in collaboration with the director of the show, and a long time gallery friend, Chris Carter. (http://www.backgalleryproject.com/upcoming.html) Starting from now, we will be hosting a series of silent auctions for the exhibited props (mostly from Mulder's office) along with the TV show's collector edition memorabilia all from the director, Chris Carter's personal collection. The first 19 items are up for bidding until April 15th and more (some items with Chris Carter's signature) will be coming up throughout this summer! Here's the link to our auction site: https://www.32auctions.com/BGPXFiles Hope to see as many of the X-Files fans there

Comment

Fox Wants More Prison Break and 24, But Is Done with The X-Files for Now

X-Files: Fox Has 'No Plans' for a Season 12 Following Gillian Anderson Exit

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

After that abomination of a season finale, I can't say I'm upset.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SO I haven't said anything about this because both of the new seasons just ended up being a big waste of time. In my opinion the bad far outweighed the good. I will say that "the good" was great. Personally I think through both Seasons 10 and 11 there were only 3 truly outstanding episodes - 10.3 Mulder & Scully Meet The Were-Monster, 11.4 The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat, and 11.7 Rm9sbG93ZXJz. There were other decent episodes, but not many. I love these two characters, but I feel this whole reboot concept was poorly handled starting with not coming up with a better William story. So many years to make the William story great and what an utter failure. I feel terrible because there was so much potential. I will say that I liked Season 11 far more than Season 10, but I don't feel either was what they could have/should have been. I still loved the characters and their progression. I just wish their story was better.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  After that abomination of a season finale, I can't say I'm upset.
                  I was hoping for something much more than a feeling of "meh" but that's pretty much what I came away with for this season finale.

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                  SO I haven't said anything about this because both of the new seasons just ended up being a big waste of time. In my opinion the bad far outweighed the good. I will say that "the good" was great. Personally I think through both Seasons 10 and 11 there were only 3 truly outstanding episodes - 10.3 Mulder & Scully Meet The Were-Monster, 11.4 The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat, and 11.7 Rm9sbG93ZXJz. There were other decent episodes, but not many. I love these two characters, but I feel this whole reboot concept was poorly handled starting with not coming up with a better William story. So many years to make the William story great and what an utter failure. I feel terrible because there was so much potential. I will say that I liked Season 11 far more than Season 10, but I don't feel either was what they could have/should have been. I still loved the characters and their progression. I just wish their story was better.
                  I found the Darin Morgan episodes enjoyable, but little else to be interesting. If this is where they're leaving the series off, I'll just shrug my shoulders and just move onto something else. But my goodness, this shouldn't be how a revival would end.
                  sigpic

Comment

Fox Developing ‘The X-Files’ Animated Comedy Spinoff

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

(First of all, I can't believe The X-Files don't have their own sub-forum! )

My first ever big fandom.... I really love this show. I admit I started ignoring it more and more after season 7 (for my own sanity), but on the whole I keep the best bits in my heart. It really was a force of nature back in the day! I met some great people through the fandom and had a lot of fun. I think my favourite seasons were 4-6, that's when they really found their voice and sense of humour.
                      The final 2 (revival) seasons were a very mixed bag, basically I haven't liked Chris Carter's scripts for a while and what he has done to poor Scully... but don't get me started. However, there were still a few jewels in there by other writers and it was nice seeing them together in their roles again.

About the animated comedy spin-off, hmm... I think that could go either way, I don't really have a lot of emotional stakes in it, especially if Mulder and Scully aren't part of it anyway (and thank god for that if Chris Carter is involved, haha).
                      sigpic

Comment

David Duchovny Is Out There… With a Perfect, X-Files-Themed Picket Sign

Comment

Working...
                        X