This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Player recorder ?????

Come the 1st of the month I want to buy a DVD player/vhs thing where I can record to DVD and also take my vhs tapes and put them on dvd. There is a player that will do this right? What should I get? I mean I am so illiterate when it comes to stuff like this. PLEASE HELP

April
    My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

April, I haven't got a DVD/R myself yet but I intend to get one soon. I know that you can copy VHS over to a DVD and I don't actually have any VHS to copy over, so I wouldn't know about that. Try Googling it!
    __

__

Comment

If your computer has a grafics card with a TV-out port then there's no problem. That's atleast the easiest way I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        If your computer has a grafics card with a TV-out port then there's no problem. That's atleast the easiest way I know of.
        That has nothing to do with what Faith is talking about

Standalone DVD recorders have composite in ports where you can hook up a VCR.

Personally, I have no need for one, as I can download things directly off of my TiVo, and use the DVD+/-RW drive in my PC.
        sigpic

Comment

I've got a Phillips DVD-R70..... simple to use and you can lash a VCR to it via one of the scart sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            Personally, I have no need for one, as I can download things directly off of my TiVo, and use the DVD+/-RW drive in my PC.
            off topic - yes i know, but what brand of DVD burner you have in your PC? the reason i'm asking is because we got a DVD burner, and it just doesn't work. if i know that the kind you have works, then it might help us.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I have decided to get the following

------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350 - Input Adapter - 990

http://www.buy.com/retail/techspecs/...1&PageFormat=8
              ------------------------------------------------------------------
              Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0244" -OEM

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...MP=OTC-17exta6
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------
              Pacific Digital External USB DVD +/- RW 8x Burner

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...cfkjdgoodflf.0

and I think that does it!!! I can't wait til wednesday when I have money!
              My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                off topic - yes i know, but what brand of DVD burner you have in your PC? the reason i'm asking is because we got a DVD burner, and it just doesn't work. if i know that the kind you have works, then it might help us.
                Lite-On something or other. It does DVD-R's and DVD+R's at 8x, but can also do dual layer disks.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X