X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Shield M&MM Spoilers

in mckays and mrs miller
    Spoiler:
    the rod from the alternate universe used that personal sheild to get through the tear w/o harming himself, it seems he was able to put it on and take it off easily at will. did he use the sheild on the way back or did it get ruined on the initial beam in? and if he can easily use it, then that means we can in our universe...but i know it would be to overpowering and we're supposed to be the underdogs with sticks and stones but can you imagine this guy with a personal sheild? hehe...

Gelasius
    Last edited by Skydiver; 13 September 2006, 06:46 AM.

You really need to use spoilers - not everyone has seen the episode and want's to know what happened. To do it highlight the parts of your post that mention what happened in the episode and click on the tool above that looks like an exclamaton mark.
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      And if you remember back to the episode were the Rodney in this universe used the shield, he depleted it. Plus, it was controlled by your mind, it would turn on when you felt you were in danger, and then turn off when you didn't; thus the reason Rodney used it all up, he was always scared.

Comment

Spoiler:
        I also wondered why he didnt have any patches on his jacket. All SG teams and even the scientists have the Atlantis patch on all their jackets, clothes, w/e, and their countries flag. But ROD didn't have either on his, you could see the velcro area where is should be, but nothing was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie
          You really need to use spoilers - not everyone has seen the episode and want's to know what happened. To do it highlight the parts of your post that mention what happened in the episode and click on the tool above that looks like an exclamaton mark.
          Not necessary when it's either in episode discussions or when you've specified that there will be spoilers and from which episodes.

As for the shield and patches: You can turn the shield off at will. Back when "our" Rodney used it, he was just constantly afraid, so it wouldn't turn off.

As for patches, not everyone wears a patch at all times. Imagine the time spent sewing patches onto all of your shirts and jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Not necessary when it's either in episode discussions or when you've specified that there will be spoilers and from which episodes.

As for the shield and patches: You can turn the shield off at will. Back when "our" Rodney used it, he was just constantly afraid, so it wouldn't turn off.

As for patches, not everyone wears a patch at all times. Imagine the time spent sewing patches onto all of your shirts and jackets!
            Um, I believe they use Velcro for the patches, so they can be removed to "hide" their identies, when needed. If they were sewed on, they couldn't be easily put on and taken off. Of course, they could simply have 2 sets of jackets, but that would be too simple.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

i forgot about the spoiler thingy... but in other discussions on this topic about why we're not using personal sheilds were that people were saying that you wouldn't want everyone to starve to death etc...also i'm not sure if its just a prototype sheild meaning its the only one of its kind or there's possible a lot more. keep in mind g'ould have personal sheilds and the ancients were well beyond the g'oulds so i think personal sheilds would be commonplace among ancient tech. anyway they can explore to possibly recharge the sheild? they have a wealth of tech right underneath them and it just seems that none of it is being used..might as well be at the sgc...

Gelasius

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                Um, I believe they use Velcro for the patches, so they can be removed to "hide" their identies, when needed. If they were sewed on, they couldn't be easily put on and taken off. Of course, they could simply have 2 sets of jackets, but that would be too simple.
                Then they have to sew velcro onto every single jacket/shirt they own. Imagine doing THAT.

Comment

Then they have to sew velcro onto every single jacket/shirt they own. Imagine doing THAT.
                  Actually the jackets/flight suits come from supply with the Velcro already on and in the proper places….

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                    Actually the jackets/flight suits come from supply with the Velcro already on and in the proper places….
                    I'm talking about personal clothes. Like that leather jacket alt!Rodney was wearing. Clearly, it's not an SGC-issued jacket.

Comment

The title of the thread says spoilers!!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I'm talking about personal clothes. Like that leather jacket alt!Rodney was wearing. Clearly, it's not an SGC-issued jacket.
                        oh, i see...
                        but I thought the jacket Rod was wearing was standard issue USAF bomber jacket...could be wrong -- wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

oh, i see...
                          but I thought the jacket Rod was wearing was standard issue USAF bomber jacket...could be wrong -- wouldn't be the first time.
                          I'm sure there is some place people can buy those kinds of things.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

oh, i see...
                            Unless we're gonna Slash and say alt!John gave him the jacket or they're sharing clothes, I doubt it was an actual USAF bomber jacket issued by the USAF (for him or anyone on the expedition).

It either looks like it or he bought it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                              I'm sure there is some place people can buy those kinds of things.
                              Sure any military surplus store! You'd be amazed at what you can get in those places....

Comment

Working...
                              X