This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest survey for Stargate Turn-Based Strategy Game

Hey everyone, I'm a bigtime reader, small-time poster, but today when I was bored in class I got the idea to resurrect one of the old games I used to play and run at a board called STGN (any STGN folks out there?) We had various Star Trek turn-based strategy games played on the message board, even a Babylon 5 game of the same type.
    For anyone not familiar with this type of game, each player represents an empire or a faction and you have full control over their production, research and military forces. In my intense boredom in class I whipped out my laptop and began typing up some rules/unit lists/faction info for such a game. The game revolves around a map of territories, you gain territory by conquering planets (think like Civilization, you build or conquer a city, your borders increase, if you improve the power and importance of that city, the boarders expand.) Same thing, except with planets.
    Space battles are easy, I just emailed an old friend for the battle calc we used to use. Basically its a very open ended and fun game where the emphasis is put on strategies, tactics and politics which can't be simulated by any computer game.
    So I'm throwing out the feelers for a Stargate version of the game; it would revolve around the Ori invasion and take place a couple of weeks after the events in Counterstrike. Factions/empires would include a few minor remaining Goa'uld, a couple of Jaffa factions, the Tok'Ra, The Asgard, The Trust, The Lucian Alliance and obviously the Tau'ri. If interest is huge I'm sure I could add someone like the Aschen (yes, somehow they survived) or the Hebridan, Gadmeer, the Breeders of Euronda, etc.
    So who would be interested? There isn't much of an effort required, turn reports are posted each day but the changes are usually quite minor, and if you miss some you can just catch up ASAP. And as for the mods, if interest is huge and support for the game builds, perhaps we could get a small section of the forum next to the Stargate RPG game. Thanks for any interest and suggestions.

Edit: I just attached the Unit List and Faction List
    Attached Files

It already basically exists though with some difference from what you're suggesting. www.stargatewars.com
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

Comment

I would like to play it.

Comment

Working...
      X