This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole Effect

Can anyone tell me why the wormhole travel effect on SG1 was changed to an atlantis wormhole effect?

I know some theorys came up as to why it happened within the show, like opening a gate to Atlantis allowed the Milky Way gate system (or at least the earth gate) getting some sort of new software updates but I am specifically asking why the PTBs decided to replace the old effect.

I know it's an old thing, but it just peaked my interest recently when I was rewatching some old episodes.

sigpic

casue the old one was 12-13 years old
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

That and the fact that it was supposed to be a different show.
      Jeez, put these things together people, what we watch friday nights at 9 on scifi now is not Stargate SG-1, it's a different show with the same name just so SciFi could hold a record.

But yes, it's new because the show was supposed to be new. And actually, it isn't the atlantis one, it is different, but more in color.
      Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

So let me get this straight, they use the same effect for over 10 years (including movie), then decide to change it because it's old and because RDA was replaced by 3 different people, they decided that made it a new show and needed revamping?

Who's dumbass idea was that?

I also know it's not the Atlantis one, but it is the atlantis effect just made different for SG1 (such as different pattern of travel and colour)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
          Can anyone tell me why the wormhole travel effect on SG1 was changed to an atlantis wormhole effect?

I know some theorys came up as to why it happened within the show, like opening a gate to Atlantis allowed the Milky Way gate system (or at least the earth gate) getting some sort of new software updates but I am specifically asking why the PTBs decided to replace the old effect.

I know it's an old thing, but it just peaked my interest recently when I was rewatching some old episodes.

as for a story reason i'd go with that. however the real reason is the old effect was very old.
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Who knows, but I think they should have keep them seperate and not used Atlantis's wormhole effect in Sg1. But it really doesnt matter because it basically has nothing to do with the show.

Comment

I was curious about that, too, and asked Joe Mallozzi and John Smith. However, not even they knew why.

Comment

I know I don't get why they changed it!!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade

The Wormhole effect is purely a viewers effect as a person walking through the gate feels they went in one side and came out the other with nothing in between. TPTB can change the wormhole effect to a rabbit eating a piece of cabbage and it would still have no bearing on the story. It is just for us people to sorta get the idea of how much distance they cross.
                  I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

i dont think it really matters why but as said the effect was just getting dated
                    sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

Working...
                    X