jacks friend from evolution
    dr lee
    harry maybourne
    russian lady from full alert
    mr shefield from covenant
    the giant aliens
    the ninth chevron

ill think of some more
    You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Warning: Contains ranting.

Spoiler:
    You know, just because something wasn't mentioned again, doesn't make it a loose end. Many of the stories on Stargate were self-contained and need no resolution.

Jacks wife and father in law
    Fire and water alien
    What fate awaited narim
    and harlen
    catherines niece
    the aliens from prisoners
    the aliens from gamekeeper
    the aliens from scorched earth
    the message in a bottle aliens
    hippies from 1969 did the guy go to war
    the aschen
    emmet bregmen
    urgo
    cassandra
    lt tyler

None of the above constitute a loose end, because they did all they were ever meant to do. What would be left to tell with Jack's wife and father in law? And Narim, Urgo and Harlan just...went on. None of them was ever likely to set the galaxy on fire. Catherine's niece was less than that, never more than a plot device, and Emmet Bregman came and went; there's no reason for him to turn up again, no unanswered questions to address. Likewise Urgo, Jack's old friend or the hippies; what they went on to do with their lives is unimportant to the Stargate story. Cassandra could come up again, but doesn't have to. It is perfectly valid to assume she's just going to college like any normal Earth-girl.

dr lee
    harry maybourne

These are recurring characters. Dr Lee has no existence except as an adjunct to SG-1 and Maybourne was left sitting pretty on his own private planet. What's left? If they did mention Maybourne again, it would probably only be to say that his planet was destroyed by the Ori as well.

the inhabitants of abydos
    Oma and anubis's fight
    lord yu's first prime

None of these constitutes a loose end, because they're done. The inhabitants of Abydos are gone, Oma and Anubis locked in an endless struggle which could only possibly be trivialised if it turned out that 'endless' meant 'for a couple of years or so' and Yu's FP was with him when he was assassinated by the Replicators, so he's almost certainly dead. Just because we didn't see him die doesn't make it a loose end.

Finally:

the ninth chevron

is not a loose end. There are nine chevrons for purely aesthetic reasons and it's only fan imaginations that really attach any significance to its existence. Not that I'd put it past them to end the series with SG-1 stepping through a funky, nine chevron wormhole to infinity...and beyond. (Only hopefully not Stargate: Infinity).

For there to be a bona fide loose end, there would have to be a question posed by the episode and not answered; and not merely 'what happens next', as almost all stories (Michael Moorcock's Stormbringer leaping to mind as the obvious exception) leave the protagonists with the rest of their lives to lead.

So, genuine loose ends might include:

The Furlings - what gives?
    Rya'c and Bra'tac - they have been too central to the Jaffa stories not to get some last mention.
    Kinsey and the last of the Trust - Since he is explicitly still out there, this is an issue to be addressed if S10 is to bring closure.
    What fate Langara? - they won't do it, but I think they should.
    Daniel's grandad and the giant aliens - he was supposed to be learning from them to bring knowledge back to Earth, after all.

There are a few others it might be nice to see, but which are quite happy as they are:

Sarah
    Teal'c and Ishta
    and...well, other relationship issues which are not a high priority, but it might be nice to see them closed.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlin2000
      I want all loose ends from season 1 to 8 tied up
      By this i mean characters, races etc i want the final stories told
      What happened to samuels and Davis
      Jacks wife and father in law
      What happened to the nox
      What will happen to the Asgard
      Four great races their stories
      Ryac and Breytac
      Fire and water alien
      What fate awaited narim
      and harlen
      Kinsey
      the inhabitants of abydos
      catherines niece
      the tokra
      the aliens from prisoners
      the aliens from gamekeeper
      the aliens from scorched earth
      the asgard
      the message in a bottle aliens
      the harsesis
      Oma and anubis's fight
      reetoue
      hippies from 1969 did the guy go to war
      lord yu's first prime
      aris boch
      urgo
      daniels grandad
      anise
      the unas and chakka
      sarah
      the aschen
      lt tyler alien
      cassandra
      ascension and all the info on it that there is
      thor
      Jonas
      kull warriors
      warwick
      emmet bregmen
      ishta
      dr lee
      harry maybourne
      russian lady from full alert
      mr shefield from covenant
      the giant aliens
      the ninth chevron

ill think of some more
      You want to much.
      I'd like a happy ending for Sam/Jack

Comment

i want some pie with that
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

on the idea of the 9th chevron, aestetics are a decent excuse, and could fly. However, I bet that before the 8th chevron was used, people were asking "y r there 9 chevrons if only 7 are used", and people also said that it was just aestetics. I think that, for there to be 7 used and 2 for aestetics, it makes sense. ut to just ad on an extra one, when 8 are used?

It could be for nothing, or it could be a backup, if one is damaged. We dont know. But lets look at the 8th chevron. Its basically an area code, something that is necessary to specify exactly where you want to go. Now, in modern day cell phones, each area has an area code. Do you need to dial an area code for a call in your area? No. If no area code is given, it is assumed that the call is to the area code the phone is for. It is the same with the gates. If no extra symbol is used, it is assumed that it is an address in the normal gate network. That means that, hypothetically, you could always dial 8 chevrons, and it would work the same as dialing 7 if your in the same network.

So, the 9th chevron should be something that is assumed to be one thing when not used, but can be changed. Theonly thing that I could think of would be the time you should arrive at. But even that doesn't make sense, because then what would be the point of making a time-traveliing puddle jumper if the gates can do it? We may never know the significance of the 9th chevron, or if it even has significance. All we know for certain is that it is there.

Comment

2 questions -

When was the 9th chevron mentioned?

What do u mean by the 8th and 9th chevrons were aesthetics?
            -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by brains12
              2 questions -

When was the 9th chevron mentioned?

What do u mean by the 8th and 9th chevrons were aesthetics?
              It's never been mentioned, it just is, and the main reason for that is that the artistic balance of the Stargate is better with nine chevrons.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I want them to say...

The Ori threat is growing. We need to get more nations involved in the StarGate program. We need Russia, China, European Union, Japan, and other countries to get involved in manufacturing Earth ships. And with a new and revamped StarGate program.... WE NEED TO MOVE TO A NEW BASE!

BUT WE STILL NEED TO KEEP THIS PROGRAM SECRET!

Then, a movie or miniseries happens. And then the new spinoff "STARGATE: COMMAND" is ushered in to continue the fight against the Ori.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I didnt want it to end! I cant believe it did! im gonna kill sci-fi channel!

Comment

many of the things that are listed on that list have already been explained and closed up like oma and Anubis are both dead after killing each other, the harceisis child is acended and the asgard are dead :. there are more but i dont have time atm
                    sigpic
                    100 million light years away from earth:
                    Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Originally posted by shivna View Post
                      many of the things that are listed on that list have already been explained and closed up like oma and Anubis are both dead after killing each other, the harceisis child is acended and the asgard are dead :. there are more but i dont have time atm
                      Neither Oma nor Anubis are dead, they're locked in an eternal battle.

Comment

eternal battle? i thought she defeated him?!

Comment

Nope. She knew the only way to stop him was to fight him, but she also knew that neither could win, so they're locking in an eternal battle.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Nope. She knew the only way to stop him was to fight him, but she also knew that neither could win, so they're locking in an eternal battle.
                            hmmmm!!!! i didn't knew that
                            Last edited by adyttzzu; 16 July 2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I watched finale. In this season has is interesting episodes,for example "The Pegasus project" ,"the quest" and other awesome episodes.

I not will speak about story in this season because you not will be watching this season if i will write about storyline.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X