• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return, Part 1 (310)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310

The Atlantis expedition is stunned to learn that a ship full of Ancients is returning to reclaim their lost city.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:40 PM.

Awesome epsiode.

Now its going to leave my mouth watering for 6 months... So cruel.

Definently opened up soo many possibilities for the future, plus the Genii are looking nicer and nicer for the future as actual allies.
    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Ugh, it was a set up episode.

Shame that a lot of people have to wait to march to view the "real" part of the two parter. It looks great.

The team interaction in this was superb, but I do have a problem with them defying direct orders of the SGC. And Landry's reaction made me laugh.

I hope to see the 2nd part of the episode when the Canadian channel gets the episode.

I was also relieved that the "ancients" in the ship were REAL ancients and it wasn't the team falling for yet another trap. I hope that the Ancients havent completely eradicated from the city and that there are remnants of them left that are rescued to hopefully get SOME knowledge out of it.

Looking forward to part 2.

Comment

wow what an episode, I cant wait to see how this comes about, what happend to the ship though?

Comment

Although the episode was a total setup, it wasn't too bad. I give it a solid 8/10. It is interesting to see that the only person who can't move on after the end of the Atlantis expedition is Dr. Weir.

We learn that Sheppard is only 1/4 the way through War and Peace. The offer of the Genii (at the end) was very interesting, and I'm sure this will be built upon in the future. Rodney had what looked like an awesome office.

Also interesting to note the new anti-replicator guns. They look awesome.

My $0.02
          Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

dang...yet another shipload of ancients that's not gonna be showing up later in the series...

who else thinks that all of the ancients are just gonna happen to be killed off by the Asurans?

Comment

I'll going to describe this mid-season finale in 4 Words: Worst Mid-Season Finale Ever. The episode was awesome but the ending sucked, SG-1's Mid-Season finale cliffhanger.
              Thankfully I can see the conclusion becuase I'm going to pirate it because it airs in Canada in about a month before it airs in the States
              Good to see Jack and Bill Lee again.
              sigpic

Comment

Good episode, in general. Good pacing and character writing, good to see Anderson actually trying again.

I don't like the whole replicator thing.

If you're going to introduce a new villain, it should be a NEW villain. Not a slight variation on a villain that was already done to death in SG1.

They might as well introduce a new villain called the 'Bu'ald which are born in Pegasus, are parasites that control people, and make their noses glow and speak in a high voice.

Comment

Wow...if the Canada gets the episode first i dont think i want to know what happens until the US gets it.

I want to be suprised. I going to die i hate this six month thing...im depressed right now.

But want an awesome episode, i hate two parters.

Comment

Great now we got six months on egg shells
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I really liked this one. The way it felt so much like FAMILY breaking up. All the interactions. I think my fave part was Ronon and Teyla in Shep's room and the whole scene and the best moment with Ronon picking up Shep. They've all come such a long way and they're all just FAMILY!

Was surprised to see Ladon. That was cool continuity.

Loved the dinner with the four. Loved how everyone was so IN character for what they were doing. Shep without Rodney on his team. You know he was missing Ronon and Teyla too.

The four heading off, Shep slapping off Landry's message, them hooking back up with Teyla and Ronon. The family back together and now off to try and get their HOME back.

It just worked on every level. Finally.

and the freaky thing? Sheppard looked so young. I think he really did get younger from the Wraith.

And Joe looked gorgeous. Always my icing on the cake.

Comment

It rocked!

Hate that we have to wait till March to see the end, although I'm going to do my best to see if my Canuck buddy can tape it, whatever for me!

I assume we can discuss spoilers, yes??

I see soooo much fanfic fodder. They're on earth for SIX WEEKS!

Elizabeth is sinking into depression
                        John is just making do with what he's got; not like he can quit
                        Rodney is lonely!
                        Beckett's got turtles (ha, they make good soup!)
                        Ronon and Teyla are being courted by the Genii.... makes sense.

My favorite favorite moment. When Ronon gave John that hug in his room! Yes, team bonding (and no, not slash). Aw.......... plus his muttering of "we should have left them there" in regards to rescuing the Ancients.

Also loved when Shepaprd cut off Landry before the *C* word could get mentioned (as in courtmartialed). However, I suspect that he'll get nothing more than a slap on the wrist when this is done, cuz he'll save O'Neill's and Woolsey's butts on Atlantis and Jack will go "okay, just this one time," and clean the slate.

I loved it. Hated the end just leaving us there, but we know part 2 will be action packed since the replicators have taken the city. I hate to think of the repairs that will be needed as I'm sure the city's been shot to bits.

Comment

OMG! I thought this was great. I am never disappointed with SGA two parters or mid-season two parters and this is certainly no exception. I love how it went from very excited with the McKay/Carter intergalactic gate system to very subdued and sad when the Ancients retook Atlantis and cast aside the humans. I felt so bad for Elizabeth--she just needed a huge hug! And then when it ended all tense and... OMG! I loved it!

Yay, Carson, for getting Elizabeth back on her feet. And I loved seeing her in the vest and jacket. And this episode also totally reminded me of the SG-1 season one finale--I can't remember, is it the Serpent's Lair? I forget because there are too many episodes with the word "Serpent" in them--when they stole the jumper and totally disobeyed orders. And they were all so determined to do it, too. But, then, I would be, too. They must have all been bored out of their skulls and lonely as hell. I thought it was poor thinking on Earth's part to seperate them all, but I loved how they were getting together for drinks and dinner and whatever else.

Oh, I am so going to go crazy after six months. I could have done three well enough. Six... yeah, that seems unlikely. lol My season 2 DVDs--whenever I get them--are going to be bloody worn out by the time season 3 begins again.

Okay, so to end this--not disappointed at all. Not for one second. It just got better and better and better for me. Loved every damned second. Yay!

May six months FLY by!
                          thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            I loved it. Hated the end just leaving us there, but we know part 2 will be action packed since the replicators have taken the city. I hate to think of the repairs that will be needed as I'm sure the city's been shot to bits.
                            They'll probably salvage parts off the Ancient ship to fix the city. It could also give TPTB a chance to remodel the gate room

Comment

OMG!!!! Great epsiode!!! I knew I would regret watching this episode becuase I knew at the end I would see those 3 awful words "To Be Continued". Now I hate myself for watching it but it was such a good episode!! I can't believe I have to wait so long for "The Return Part 2".

Some real high emotions ran through this episode. I love the feelings everyone produced.

Comment

Working...
                              X