Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantoms (309)

Chevron Phantoms (309)

Visit the Episode GuideATLANTIS SEASON THREE
    PHANTOMS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 309

Sheppard and Ronon are influenced by a mind-altering device created by the Wraith while on a mission to rescue a lost team.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; January 8th, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

Default Re: Phantoms (309)

I did like this episode but it was a bit of a mixed bag. This story is nothing new but I think it was still worthwhile. Twas freaky watching everyone lose it.

7/10 from me.

It gets bonus points for giving great stuff to both Carson and Teyla for once and some long awaited backstory for Sheppard.

This is turning out to be a great season for Atlantis, IMHO.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Arrow2 Re: Phantoms (309)

Good episode, "You shot Me!!!," Shep shot Rodney, awesome. Rodney's having a bad year, getting shot in the ass in Sateda and getting shot in this ep by Shep, damn does that suck for him.

Good to see the Kull Warriors again.

I really can't wait for next week's Summer Finale

Mckay got shot....again!
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Chief Master Sergeant siXbrownSnakes2's Avatar

I had mixed feelings about the episode coming into these week because there was next to nothing known about it. There were very few spoilers anywhere I looked.

The idea of the episode itself was okay. The drama was pretty tense throughout and the Shep backstory, as unfufilling of the promises as it was, was better than nothing I suppose. It kind of reminded me of "Shadow Play". That episode was supposed to be the turning point for Jonas but turned out to be a party bag full of empty wrappers.

The directing of the episode was great, props to Martin, another fantastically shot ep.

I liked last week's a lot more.

The Return looks great.
    Last edited by siXbrownSnakes2; September 15th, 2006 at 08:10 PM.

Sheppard backstory...finally!

It was also Teyla that got to see his breakdown. This season has been filled with Shep/Teyla scenes.

Second Lieutenant

This episode reminded me too much of Paradise Lost but I did enjoy the last half of the hour when Sheppard thought he was in Afghanistan. Not bad.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Ok, I really liked this episode.... I give it a good 8/10. The Sheppard backstory was quite entertaining. Seeing Carson lose it was actually pretty neat, but I honestly didn't see the thing whole "Sarge is dead, man" thing coming.

8/10
    Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Lieutenant Colonel TheGreatLordGeorge's Avatar
    A little planet in a remote region of the galaxy

I loved the cinematography of this episode. Well written piece, 5 stars

I liked the Shep/Teyla scenes. I'm really glad they finally gave Rachel some meaty material in this episode. Its been awhile since shes been able to flex her acting muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by Descent
    I liked the Shep/Teyla scenes. I'm really glad they finally gave Rachel some meaty material in this episode. Its been awhile since shes been able to flex her acting muscles.
    She didn't have as many scenes as I would have liked. The entire episode centered really around Carson and Sheppard. Teyla was pretty much listening to Shep's ramblings and trying to convince him that everything he's seeing isn't real.

Staff Sergeant

Besides "Irrisistable," this season has kicked ass!

Tonight's episode even beat Sateda! OMG, WAS TEYLA AWESOME! Don't have time for a review yet, but I'd just like to take this moment to say . . . Squee, baby. Very squee!

*contemplating Top Five episodes of this season*

1.) Real World
    2.) Common Ground
    3.) Phantoms
    4.) Sateda
    5.) Progeny

I repeat, this season has kicked ass! And next week's episode looks like it could be like "The Storm/The Eye," personally my favorite Atlantis episodes ever.

Well...that was a great big HONKIN disappointment. Sheppard backstory? Where? I already knew he went back for someone against orders. And I had figured out the angst of it being the guy didn't make it back in season one. So...waste of time. No Shep whump. No Ronon and Shep confrontation as in FIGHTING and BLOOD between them and cripes. Everyone gets shot BUT Sheppard? Blech.

Xfiles did this SL way WAY better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic
    Besides "Irrisistable," this season has kicked ass!

Tonight's episode even beat Sateda! OMG, WAS TEYLA AWESOME! Don't have time for a review yet, but I'd just like to take this moment to say . . . Squee, baby. Very squee!

*contemplating Top Five episodes of this season*

1.) Real World
    2.) Common Ground
    3.) Phantoms
    4.) Sateda
    5.) Progeny

I repeat, this season has kicked ass!
    One of the best, but I think it ties Sateda. It was definitely a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Second Lieutenant Annubis' hitman's Avatar

Good episode.

Ill give it a 8.5/10

Good points-
    Sheps backstory
    Everyone going nuts was cool to see
    Beckett
    Shep/Teyla scences

It was a good episode but definately not the seasons best.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin7
    Well...that was a great big HONKIN disappointment. Sheppard backstory? Where? I already knew he went back for someone against orders. And I had figured out the angst of it being the guy didn't make it back in season one. So...waste of time. No Shep whump. No Ronon and Shep confrontation as in FIGHTING and BLOOD between them and cripes. Everyone gets shot BUT Sheppard? Blech.

Xfiles did this SL way WAY better.
    It perhaps would have been better if there were more scenes between Shep and his friend. Instead, there wasn't. It would have done a lot better had it been vignettes instead of how it was. Either way, this episode was still good.

Chief Master Sergeant Infernorhythm's Avatar

10/10.

I didn't think they could top Sateda or Common Ground, but this came close. Everything about this episode was perfect. The camera work was great, with some tight closeups on Crazy-Shep and Crazy-Ronan, the Blair-Witch style forest scenes, and a great in scenary with the Afghanistan fight scenes. The way each character started hallucinating was great. I figured out the Ronan and Shep ones easily, but I was pretty close on the Rodney ones. It was the Beckett scenes that really got me. When we found out that Sgt. was really dead: shocker.

Major kudos go out to the fight choriographer. This was as good as in Sateda, and without the annoying slow-mo. True, it didn't top Ronan's infared Wraith Goggles fight, but when Leonard ambushed them, to the Ronan/Sheppard fight, and even the scene where Rodney was shot (that made me jump) were all wonderful.

Favorite parts:
    -Zelenka. He rules.

-The dead soldier reveal. That shocked me as much as Beckett.

-The arrow-in-Rodney's-butt reference. Nice.

-The flashbacks. You know, I'm wondering how much of that was true.

-Teyla getting a good bit of dialogue.

-Kull Warriors. Didn't see that coming. Leonard, man, must suck to be him.

-The single best line of the episode, the season, and probably the series: "I'm sorry for shooting everybody."

Again, perfect. 10/10.
    Rush rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic
    I repeat, this season has kicked ass! And next week's episode looks like it could be like "The Storm/The Eye," personally my favorite Atlantis episodes ever.
    I agree, this has been Atlantis' best season yet. The show is able to stand on its own legs finally. Its such a breath of fresh air after how S2 turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Annubis' hitman
    Good episode.

Ill give it a 8.5/10

Good points-
    Sheps backstory
    Everyone going nuts was cool to see
    Beckett
    Shep/Teyla scences

It was a good episode but definately not the seasons best.
    Season's best would have to be, in my mind, Sateda. No Man's Land a close second with this episode a third. It doesn't really tie like I said it does, but then again, the excitement.

Really, I think this episode was one of the best, but it wasn't the best.

Okay, I had the sneaking suspicion Shep woudln't get shot because well, he was up against Ronon and that weapon is lethal! However... Shep shot ROdney! Just shot him! Aieee... if that's not good for some major league angst/guilt in a tag, I don't know what is, plus reliving the failure of a botched rescue mission which basically tanked his career.

Poor Carson - people dead, not dead, dead again. Not to mention COVERING the live body thinking he was a corpse. Talk about a medical disaster...And the one soldier died and went into rigor mortis and Beckett was so into the 'hallucination' that he didn't even see it happen, which is probably going to give him nightmares.

And Teyla got shot and heck, she actually saved the day, even though Rodney was 99% done with doing it until he snapped.

Hm, don't see how Hagan survived all that but well, this is scifi and Beckett's a damned good doctor, and, er, still don't know how the guy survive.

Gotta admit, I love how they use the close-up lens on Sheppard when he was going off into la-la land of Afghanistan. It's sort of a classic camera angle used since the B&W tv days but I still love it.

And we FINALLY, finally got some backstory on his 'black mark' - that despite his best heroic efforts, the men he went after died. I was wondering about that

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast