Phantoms (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    Good episode, "You shot Me!!!," Shep shot Rodney, awesome. Rodney's having a bad year, getting shot in the ass in Sateda and getting shot in this ep by Shep, damn does that suck for him.

Good to see the Kull Warriors again.

I really can't wait for next week's Summer Finale
    It was nice to see Shep have some backstory.

Not much else to say.

Tomorrow, more Ancients, maybe.
    sigpic

Comment

Another episode I like, it's those hallucination ones, I just really like what they come up with the variations on a theme. This one is an episode I've re-watched a few times.

I really liked the different hallucinations they each had. How they focused on everyone's worst fears of failure. Sheppard not saving a friend, McKay unsuccessful in deactivating the Wraith device, Carson losing a life. Ronon just goes off and is Ronon killing things, feeling he has to kill every Wraith.

I watched this for the re-watch with the commentary, it gave some interesting insights into the process of bringing this episode to the screen. The use of a different camera to give the distorted faces the more far gone the characters became. As everyone loses their grip on reality they no longer walk along neat paths through the forest but through more undergrowth to indicate them losing their way. The shot up trees were not real but made of rubber. When Sheppard shoots McKay thinking he's a Taliban, the guy is actually saying "You shot me" in Pashto with the same bewildered response that McKay was doing in actuality.

Great switching from the hallucinations to reality. Poor Teyla, trying to get Sheppard to keep focus by trying to understand what he was acting out. It was so sad when the poor soldier died and Beckett wasn't even aware of it, but kept imagining he was alive. At least the other guy who looked to be more severely injured survived.

Comment

Not a bad ep.

Some of the hallucinations were creepy. Especially Beckett thinking that guy was still alive.

I really liked how Shep saw the UAV as a jet. And Ronon saw it as a Wraith Dart.

Poor McKay in shock about being shot by Shep haha.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked Phantoms because their was a little something for everyone. Sure Sheppherd got the major focus but I think everyone got some character moments (except Teyla). The Wraith device showed what ther various character fear the most which to me. Sheppherd fears being responsible for a team mate's death as shown how he was responsible for that soldier/friend dieing in Afghanstan. Ronon fears the Wraith most likely due to being a Runner for 7 years. Being a doctor to me it make sense that Beckett's greatest fear would be losing a patient. A fear that is probably a reality a lot of times. That is why I liked these two red shirts in the episode. It was interesting seeing their status as dead or alive really tore at Beckett. McKay's ego I think really affected his fear. McKay holds himself to such a high standard that he doesn't like to failure (look at Trinity). The fear of not shutting off the Wraith machine was McKay's fear. Speaking of the Wraith machine the plot is kind of weak. The machine is obvioulsy a plot device to explore the machine and when the climax comes Rodney was magically close to turning it off. But it is not something I am going to heavily criticized as it was obvious that was an episode to explore the characters (except Teyla sadly). Although I have to wonder why at the end Weir had them wait for the Daedalus. The area around the Stargate was big enough for a Puddle Jumper
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

i like phantoms it's a good episode. and john's line im sorry for shooting everyone is classic.

Comment

Midweek...another ep of Atlantis...

1. Well I sort of knew all the highlights of this ep...was sort of waiting for the next moment...

2. Forgot about 'Brasso' dragging Beckett away...

3. Sheppard thought he was in the Afghan desert...what did he think he was looking for...?

OK ep.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                Wow, good Shep ep.
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Really liked this one. Beckett’s story was creepy and got to me the most. Ronin vs Shep was predictable but still good to watch. Nice seeing the super soldiers from SG1.

We always get a few of these things aint what they seem episodes. This was one of the better ones.

Comment

Rodney: [third time] "You shot me."
                    Sheppard: [exasperated] "Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry."
                    Ronon: "You shot me, too."
                    Sheppard: "I'm sorry for shooting everyone!"

This quote is one of my favs of the show... This ep has suspense, humour and action all cohabiting nicely. One of my favourites.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                      Rodney: [third time] "You shot me."
                      Sheppard: [exasperated] "Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry."
                      Ronon: "You shot me, too."
                      Sheppard: "I'm sorry for shooting everyone!"

This quote is one of my favs of the show... This ep has suspense, humour and action all cohabiting nicely. One of my favourites.
                      That is a very good [and funny] quote!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X