This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New flat + no net connection = not so much Gateworld

OK...good news: I'm moving into my new 2006-vintage flat tomorrow!

Bad news: BT won't get round to putting a phoneline in said late till late September and won't connect me to the net till early October

Counter to bad news: I'll be able to keep my PC at my grandparent's place and use my old bedroom as a study/Internet point for the time being!

Catch with counter to bad news concerning Gateworld: Though that'll allow be to keep going with my website, forums etc, out of respect to my grandparents I'd rather keep my online activity to a minimum during this situation. In other words, I do plan to keep swinging by my various forums but each visit will be pretty brief, and on Gateworld I'm probably going to limit myself to just checking a few threads.

Just keeping you in the loop
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

great thanks for the heads up .....who are you
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Good luck with the move Matt

Madeleine

Comment

I want to ask why British people call an apartment a 'flat'. Why is it flat?

thanks

Comment

Cos it's only on one floor? Dunno really - I s'pose mainly its cos our parents called them flats, and their parents called them flats....

I wonder why Americans call flats "apartments"?

Madeleine

Comment

Apparently, BT sucks hairy goat butt.

Last edited by DysfunctionalVeteran; 12 November 2006, 07:45 AM. Reason: Typo

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
            - Stephen Colbert
            "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

I am now typing this from my flat!

Normal service resumes.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
              X