Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Chief Exorcist says Harry Potter is the devil" - Dont read if offendeded easily!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Chief Exorcist says Harry Potter is the devil" - Dont read if offendeded easily!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/nationa...cist-pope.html

Ok.

Right.

I ask you this.

Is it not worrying that we live in a world where one of the biggest religions is governed by people that say such things about a FICTIONAL character when there are so many other problems in the world?

Does it not worry anyone that the Pope's CHIEF EXORCIST, a man that is *supposedly* the most skilled and formidable warrior against the forces of darkness within the realms of this and any other reality, can be unbalanced enough to proclaim a fictional character to be the DEVIL? You'd have thought he at least, (given its kind of in the job description) should be able to recognise evil.

But nope. The Top exorcist in the world has deemed Harry Potter to be evil...

Speaking of which 30,000 exorcisms? Gosh evil is a little heavy handed lately isn't it!? How come the rest of us havent heard about all theses malign assaults upon our world until now? Crikey, it seems like there are Demons and Devils battering down the doors. At least thats what the Catholic Church would have us believe.

And people ask me why I hate religion (not faith). Because it breeds these nutjobs that actually think they really are fighting demons every time they perform an exorcism and that the devil exists ina fictional teenage boy. It breeds a world where these nutjobs are not jsut accepted, but WELCOMED into a very influential and imposing governmental system, which is basically what the Vatican is.

I'm worried. Are you?
    Last edited by Flyboy; 08 September 2006, 01:11 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Nope. I worry when these people try to change real world stuff like removing Evolution as an offered course from university curricula or inserting religious mythology into science courses. THAT'S something to worry and witch about!

Comment

I saw this on mugglenet.com
      What a nut job! With people like him we should be worried.
      Maybe if he read the books he will find out that Harry Potter is in fact quite the opposite of evil.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The Pope: yes, Yes I understand....but I don't know how to get rid of this guy...he's like the Howard Dean of the Catholic Church....
        Chief Exorcist: Who are you talking to?
        The Pope: Oh, I have a message for you, St. Anne's Psychiatric Ward just called, they want their fool back. Now Mr. Chief Exorcist guy, you need to go back.
        Chief Exorcist: Why?
        The Pope: It appears you claimed Harry Potter is the Anti-Christ.
        Chief Exorcist: But he is....he practices... witchcraft.
        The Pope: Merlin practiced witchcraft too. Our ancestors believed in precognition. I don't see you calling Isaiah or Moses devils.
        Chief Exorcist: But I have done painstaking research, he is the devil.
        The Pope: Have you read the books?
        Chief Exorcist: Yes.
        The Pope: So don't you think someone like Voldemort would be the Anti-Christ.
        Chief Exorcist: Who's he?
        The Pope:
        Chief Exorcist: What?
        The Pope: May God give you some intelligence....Dear God, please make him smart...please!!!
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
          Nope. I worry when these people try to change real world stuff like removing Evolution as an offered course from university curricula or inserting religious mythology into science courses. THAT'S something to worry and witch about!
          http://jdallen.org/politics/warning-...only-a-theory/

Try that one then.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            I felt like I was getting dumber by the second reading that.

Comment

I was interested until "intelligent design" was brought up.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO! That is so brilliant!

Damn, It's not letting me green you

Comment

I was interested until "intelligent design" was brought up.
                  I'll diverge from here and say this:

A better thing to point out to these people is that the very stages of Earth evolution is in pretty much the exact order in Genesis 1, rewritten in words and said in ways those people could understand.

The very fact they got that right fascinates me.

Comment

Oh I agree.

Initially the bible can be taken as a very early science. It's when people think thats ALL there is to it I worry.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Sweet Enola Gay... and i thought i was wasting my life.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Flying Officer Bennet, I completly agree with everything in your first post.....

This just takes patheticness to a brand new level.....

Comment

Which is only one of many from the 're-Discovery Institute'.
                          Either someone's taking the piss, or there's a lot of retards out there... I really hope it's just someone having a laugh...
                          Last edited by Naonak; 10 September 2006, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                            Which is only one of many from the 're-Discovery Institute'.
                            Either someone's taking the piss, or there's a lot of retards out there... I really hope it's just someone having a laugh...
                            I'm pretty sure it's not serious, but they don't have some sort of FAQ or disclamer on their site saying this

I think it's parodying the 'Discovery institute', a creationist think-tank

The gravity one, especially, seems mocking creationism. I can recognise a handful of fallacies the creationists use to 'disprove' evolution. If you've ever seen these people debate, you'll find that article really funny

Comment

From the bottom of the article at the comments:

"Iain, don’t worry. This time it is satire."

I wanna see the other ones.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                              X