• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay and Mrs. Miller (308)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 308

Rodney McKay is reunited with his estranged sister back on Earth, who has given up a brilliant career as a scientist to raise a family.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:36 PM.

Wow.

No more ZPM.

Comment

Wow! Fantastic episode.

The first half had me laughing nonstop, and the backhalf was absolutely touching. Brilliant work. I loved Mckay's turnaround in the end, and having Shepphard show Jeannie the video from "Letters from Pegasus" was an appropriate and very heartwarming touch. The last few moments of the episode set my heart aflutter - the team interaction that's now so established in SG-1, the chemistry that made us all fall in love with the franchise, is now truly beginning to be reflected in full swing on Atlantis.

Perfect episode, 10/10!

GATEWORLD SCALE: ***1/2

Comment

Yet again, Atlantis is outclassing SG-1 this season. What a great episode, really touching stuff. I hope McKay's sister makes a comeback sometime in the near future. A great ending scene as well...but where the hell is Carson??

9/10 from me

-1 for NO Carson! Hes in the opening credits, use him!! Also, there was too much technobabble for me really.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Am I the only one sick of the whole "no ZPM" thing? You'd think the Ancients would have directions on how to build them in their database.

Other than that, I liked this episode.

Comment

Meredith. I love it.

Comment

Great episode, 3rd best this season (behind Sateda and Progeny). Good ep for McKay, along with his goofy first name. I thought I saw a Kull Warrior in the trailer for next week's episode, looks interesting
              sigpic

Comment

My second favorite this year behind Sateda. Although they were picking on Rodney a little bit, I found it to be a fun episode and one that was needed. Even though there's no ZPM now, it's kind of a snag in between the lines. They don't have the power to defend themselves anymore (which was what made S1 quite amusing, inspiring eps such as The Eye/Both Sieges) but they still can get back to Earth to "make up" for it.

All in all a 9/10 ep. Humorous, good character development, and a fun episode all around. One of Martin Gero's best scripts.

And Phantoms looks great. Strange how there are so few spoilers. Seems to be the "mysterious" episode of the year.

Comment

Anyone notice that in the beginning of the episode he said "Zee Pee Emm" but later he used the "Zed"?

Overall, I loved the episode. 10/10
                  Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Well, I made it known in the live thread how disgusted I was by Rodney's (yet again) HORRIBLE treatment. Let's just humiliate him again and again and again and again and again and again and then have Sheppard put some "we were just playing" white-out on it. This was very, very difficult to stomach.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I loved it. 8 out of 10. The character interaction is great between Rodney and Jeannie. I think casting David Hewlett's sister was brilliant.

The only real problem I had with it was the insane amount of technobabble in this story. I mean, look at how much more elegantly Doctor Who sold a similar concept without bogging it down in all this complex sci-talk.

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode. For someone who is terribly close to his younger sister i could't imagine drifting apart. The team bonding was great. I loved it completely and whole heartedly. It was touching and had all of the great elements of drama. Whoever said Sci Fi can't be good drama was a moron.

10/10

Comment

You know I almost feel like the writers were channeling some of the things we've asked for in this episode. I actually really enjoyed this one. It was funny and it accomplished a lot in terms of background history, future setup, character interaction and adding back a sense of danger. My only complaint, and it's really quite minor is that I never got the real sense that the universe was really at any risk.

I can't get over "meredith". That's just funny to me.
                          I loved McKay's interactions with his sister.
                          We got to see a previously unmentioned part of the city and technology that was actually put to good use.
                          We finally had some real acknowledgement that they spend time together and have some fun.
                          The ZPM's depletion put some sense of imminent doom back in the show...

all in all quite good. I'm satisfied.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Great episode! I wasn't to excited about a Mckay episode but I was really pleased with the way it turned out. Kate did so good in this episode!
                            The only thing that bothered me was that stupid laugh that Shepperd had. That just seemed to stick out to me and it got annoying after hearing it three times.

I loved the ending!! Great way to end an episode like this.

Comment

This is probably one of my favorite episode of the show (definitely in the top 3). The sibling interaction was great and then you throw the extra McKay to the mix. And they cap the showed off with that line about Teyla (just to make sure she is still alive and kicking on the show).

The depleted ZPM should make for some interesting storyline in the future as well.
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
                              X