Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Stargate Memento Mori (1008)

Visit the Episode GuideSG-1 SEASON TEN
    MEMENTO MORI
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1008

Striken with amnesia and on the run, Vala takes a job as a waitress as she tries to piece together who she is and what happened to her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; January 8th, 2007 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: Memento Mori (1007)

Some generally good moments in a generally bad episode. Not good folks. I'm really hoping S10 gets out of this habit of "good-bad-good-bad".

5/10 from me.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Rodney’s Running Shoes

I actually enjoyed this episode, and I normally hate the Earth-based ones. Good action, team moments, some good ship moments. Oh yeah, Vala is officially SG-1 now, yay!

Second Lieutenant

I really enjoyed this episode. I especially love the Cam/Vala scenes in the motel room. Priceless.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

I loved this episode!!! I am proud to say that this was my favorite episode for season 10 IMO. Others may not agree but I really thought that.

Arrow1 Re: Memento Mori (1007)

I just want to say one thing about the episode, most of it sucked, the only good parts were Cam in the Hotel Room and the and finale scene in Daniel's Office. Worst episode this season.

I got to say the Mallozzi/Mullie writing team has been writing bad episodes lately, I think they're in a slump.

I liked it. Even though this is the last season, it doesn't mean that Vala shouldn't be allowed a developmental episode.

Vala finally remembering everything and hugging Daniel was a really sweet moment along with the Cam/Vala stuff, but other than that...this episode just didn't work for me.

Second Lieutenant I'm Just Sayin''s Avatar

I think we have a new contender for the worst episode ever.

Thumbs up Re: Memento Mori (1007)

While it was not an action packed episode, I did enjoy this one. I thought that CB did a fantastic job showing her confusion at what was going on when she had to. It showed me a lot about her ingrained survival instincts.

Loved the explosion out of the warehouse and Mitchell's shooting the metal shelf to get the guy.

The episode as a whole seemed a bit "surface". It seemed as if they would touch on something then move along to the next thing. I am glad they did spend some time Mitchell handcuffed to the bed, shirtless *sorry for the fangirlie moment*

Wonder what Teal'c said to get the information they needed?

Was that the first Stargate car crash ever?
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/Atlantis/sigs/the-dot.jpg

This was an episode that I find myself rather polarized on. While it did have quite a few very touching moments, specifically between Vala and Daniel, it lacked a great many things, including a driven, consistent plot, build-up of tension, etc. Although its shining moments were brilliant, the episode fell quite flat for the most part.

OVERALL: *1/2

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

it was the first car crash...however those 3 peopel dying while vala doesn't have a scratch just doesnt' work. especially since she was unrestrained. the car wasn't damaged enough.

cam in bed was funny, the pants teasing was priceless, as was teal'c's interrogation

the rest? bad fanfic brought to life

plenty of screen time for vala's fans and the daniel/vala dynamic...plot wise??? and i would honestly say this no matter who the kidnapee was, it was bad. dull and boring
    thus far, i've enjoyed the first 30 minutes of atlantis more than all of MM

How did Vala earn a place as an official member of SG-1? What did she do tonight? I don't begrudge her participation in SGC but her rise to SG-1 member is baffling to me. Seems too early.

(Moderator)

i guess once you get kidnapped

or maybe it was the whole handcuffing to the bed thing

maybe it's hugging daniel????

Oh, and for the factual nitpickers, look close during the cycle chase...and the road sign to Surrey *ahem* they're only 2,000 miles off

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    thus far, i've enjoyed the first 30 minutes of atlantis more than all of MM
    Same here. Its all starting to make sense....

(Moderator)

the vala fans will love the screen time. claudia does a good job. and the d/v shippers are very acknowledged. sam, teal'c and daniel (not as much daniel) are just there to facilitate the plot, as is cam part of the time

I also wonder what Vala did to earn a place on SG1.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Chief Master Sergeant

For what was basically a "bottle" episode (not too many special effects and not offworld), it wasn't terrible. It's episodes like these that help pay for the bigger, special effects laden episodes that come later (like next week, apparently). It's no big deal, but I knew the minute the episode ended that some would consider it terrible or worse episode ever. Truthfully, once I realized within the first ten minutes that it was a bottle episode, I knew it would be relatively self-contained within a certain environment.

It wasn't a terrible episode, but it was lackluster. I think that's the word I would use for it. I think what I didn't like about it was the lack of drama. It would have been much better, imo, if Vala had been far more traumatized and disoriented. She seemed more inconvenienced than anything, but then again, she had no real reason to be truly traumatized since she didn't remember who she was or what she had been through in her life.

Also, I didn't like the Goul'd in this episode at all. If you're going to show a Goul'd with glowing eyes, then they should have the Goul'd voice. She shouldn't sound like she's from the neighborhood, know what I mean?

I did enjoy the Cam/Vala moments. They were fine. A nice throw out to Farscape fans (of which I'm one). Teal'c was funny in his interrogation scene. Smart choice that we never heard what he actually threatened the trust operative with in that final whisper.

Favorite part of the whole episode: all the Daniel and Vala scenes (sorry folks, still want to see these two get together - Daniel deserves something). Their scenes at least HAD drama, especially when they were in the warehouse, guns pointed at each other. It made sense to me that her breakthrough would come when she was confronted by Daniel. She has an emotional connection to him.

Overall 6/10.

Chief Master Sergeant markaudette's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Memento Mori (1007)

Parts of this episode were endearing but altogether, it was pretty stale.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by nell
    How did Vala earn a place as an official member of SG-1? What did she do tonight? I don't begrudge her participation in SGC but her rise to SG-1 member is baffling to me. Seems too early.
    It's not what she did tonight, but what she's done over the course of the past year and a half. Since she IS officially going on gate missions with SG-1, and she is risking her life when she does it, it would make sense to make her a member of the team.

Truthfully, I would have waited until later in the year, but since this is the last year of the series, I'm not going to be too picky as to when she gets her team badge.

By the way, did anyone notice that it wasn't an SG-1 badge? It was just an SGC badge - or did I miss something? I didn't see the "1" on the patch, just the pyramid symbol. Can someone clarify?

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast