No announcement yet.

Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the vala fans will love the screen time. claudia does a good job. and the d/v shippers are very acknowledged. sam, teal'c and daniel (not as much daniel) are just there to facilitate the plot, as is cam part of the time
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I also wonder what Vala did to earn a place on SG1.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

For what was basically a "bottle" episode (not too many special effects and not offworld), it wasn't terrible. It's episodes like these that help pay for the bigger, special effects laden episodes that come later (like next week, apparently). It's no big deal, but I knew the minute the episode ended that some would consider it terrible or worse episode ever. Truthfully, once I realized within the first ten minutes that it was a bottle episode, I knew it would be relatively self-contained within a certain environment.

It wasn't a terrible episode, but it was lackluster. I think that's the word I would use for it. I think what I didn't like about it was the lack of drama. It would have been much better, imo, if Vala had been far more traumatized and disoriented. She seemed more inconvenienced than anything, but then again, she had no real reason to be truly traumatized since she didn't remember who she was or what she had been through in her life.

Also, I didn't like the Goul'd in this episode at all. If you're going to show a Goul'd with glowing eyes, then they should have the Goul'd voice. She shouldn't sound like she's from the neighborhood, know what I mean?

I did enjoy the Cam/Vala moments. They were fine. A nice throw out to Farscape fans (of which I'm one). Teal'c was funny in his interrogation scene. Smart choice that we never heard what he actually threatened the trust operative with in that final whisper.

Favorite part of the whole episode: all the Daniel and Vala scenes (sorry folks, still want to see these two get together - Daniel deserves something). Their scenes at least HAD drama, especially when they were in the warehouse, guns pointed at each other. It made sense to me that her breakthrough would come when she was confronted by Daniel. She has an emotional connection to him.

Overall 6/10.

Comment

Parts of this episode were endearing but altogether, it was pretty stale.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            How did Vala earn a place as an official member of SG-1? What did she do tonight? I don't begrudge her participation in SGC but her rise to SG-1 member is baffling to me. Seems too early.
            It's not what she did tonight, but what she's done over the course of the past year and a half. Since she IS officially going on gate missions with SG-1, and she is risking her life when she does it, it would make sense to make her a member of the team.

Truthfully, I would have waited until later in the year, but since this is the last year of the series, I'm not going to be too picky as to when she gets her team badge.

By the way, did anyone notice that it wasn't an SG-1 badge? It was just an SGC badge - or did I miss something? I didn't see the "1" on the patch, just the pyramid symbol. Can someone clarify?

Comment

Meh, it was better than I thought it was going to be, and the action scenes (barring Mitch's OTT wheelie) were well done, but the ep didn't seem to have that much depth. It was Mitch and Vala heavy and extremely light on Sam and Teal'c, with some Daniel thrown in on the side. Adria and the Ori were forgotten this ep as well. Also:

-Sam = damn hot.

-Why exactly did Vala remove Mitch's pants? O_o

-Heh, the deli owner was Donna's dad from That 70s Show. So used to seeing him with a fro.

-Stop with the shakey cam already. BSG has already spent two seasons doing this, and I can only tolerate it on one show. STOP.

-I also don't understand how this incident convinced them to let Vala join the team. She got kidnapped, served up some burgers, shot Mitch, and was about to shoot Daniel. Not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                -I also don't understand how this incident convinced them to let Vala join the team. She got kidnapped, served up some burgers, shot Mitch, and was about to shoot Daniel. Not seeing it.
                It came out of nowhere, I agree. *sighs at how Season 10s been turning out*
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Just Sayin'
                  I think we have a new contender for the worst episode ever.
                  Agreed, but nothing can beat Emancipation as worst episode ever. Damn did that episode suck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Tonights episode completely sucked! It was a waste of time. The stargate saga has gone from action packed chaos, into a WB teeny bopper soap opera b-rated show. No wonder it got canceled.

I thought the threat was the Ori?? Ive seen enough about characters. I could less about Vala and whats in her head. All we see now is character episodes with no real action, no discoveries, and no talk of the immediate threat.

Where has the show gone? It doesnt even feel like stargate anymore.

Comment

Yawn...sleepy ep.

Comment

Meh, it was better than I thought it was going to be, and the action scenes (barring Mitch's OTT wheelie) were well done, but the ep didn't seem to have that much depth. It was Mitch and Vala heavy and extremely light on Sam and Teal'c, with some Daniel thrown in on the side. Adria and the Ori were forgotten this ep as well. Also:

-Sam = damn hot.

-Heh, the deli owner was Donna's dad from That 70s Show. So used to seeing him with a fro.

-Stop with the shakey cam already. BSG has already spent two seasons doing this, and I can only tolerate it on one show. STOP.

umm, she didn't shoot cam. the bad guy did

what a waste of a cool leather jacket
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
                          It's not what she did tonight, but what she's done over the course of the past year and a half. Since she IS officially going on gate missions with SG-1, and she is risking her life when she does it, it would make sense to make her a member of the team.

Truthfully, I would have waited until later in the year, but since this is the last year of the series, I'm not going to be too picky as to when she gets her team badge.

By the way, did anyone notice that it wasn't an SG-1 badge? It was just an SGC badge - or did I miss something? I didn't see the "1" on the patch, just the pyramid symbol. Can someone clarify?
                          They told her she's on SG-1! I understand that TPTB were heading in this direction. But, I think it would be more appropriate after she did a particularly heroic deed! I just think about Jonas performing a selfless act in Descent(season 6) that earned Jack's respect and awarded Jonas a real place on the team!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
                            Actually, she did have a patch with a 1 on it. I had to watch this and Atlantis without sound (long story), so I watched real close.
                            And now, I'm going to shamelessly promote my own fics: http://www.fanfiction.net/~ilovedanieljackson

Comment

Geez, a lot of hate for this one spreading around so far. I didn't think it was bad. Not the best this season, but not bad at all. Actually, there were quite a few moments in this one I really enjoyed. I thought the team was great together, the bike chase scene was great, and I loved the way we saw how everyone has come to care for Vala.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

-Sam = damn hot.

I wouldn't say this was Mitchell/Vala heavy I would say this was Vala heavy...and yes I did recognize "Donna's Dad" - it was so funny to see him without that fro...

Comment

Working...
                                X