This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG: Terra-15

This is an idea for a Virtual Stargate spin-off that I've had for a while. I wasn't really going to post anything about it...ever, but a friend urged me to do so to see what the reaction would be, so here I go.

Story Summary: It's the late 2080ies. Earth has been colonized by an extraterrestrial force which holds humankind under its military rule. In the wake of civil rebellion, regional war, and attempts by the government to squash human resistance, former Professor Ryan Cage discovers rare documents classified by the government, detailing a project involving an extraterrestrial travel device which may be the cause -- and cure -- of the disastrous situation on Earth. Gradually, a new team is formed, Terra-15, comprised of an unlikely group of 4 who seek adventure, intelligent life elsewhere, confidence in themselves, and most of all, freedom and true sovereignty for the people of Earth.

Read the extended summery at the production live journal.

It's a bit different than any usual Stargate spin-offs. There are a lot of Battlestar Galactica, Lost and SG Atlantis elements to it, but it's definitely Stargate.

...'cause there's a Stargate in it. And they go through it. And get in trouble.

A new forum is located here. If you'd like to contact me concerning this project, you can PM me here at GW, e-mail me at [email protected], or add me on MSN. Can't wait to hear from you!
    Last edited by Osiris-RA; 15 September 2006, 04:45 PM.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

An interesting concept, dont think many series go on the premise that Earth has been conquered. Looks promising but will this take into account things that have happened in SG-1 and Atlantis? Like Ori and Wraith etc etc.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
      An interesting concept, dont think many series go on the premise that Earth has been conquered. Looks promising but will this take into account things that have happened in SG-1 and Atlantis? Like Ori and Wraith etc etc.
      Yes, a bit later down the road, it will. The first few episodes will be very character centric to establish the storyline, and then gradually as the characters get around off-world more, familiar baddies/experiences will pop up. The Jaffa are a big part of the story, so obviously, some main SG1/SGA storylines aren't dead here.
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

ooo didnt you hear about the Jaffa...! i would go with the aschen if you want to do they whole advanced race takeover plot. but its an interesting concept.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          ooo didnt you hear about the Jaffa...!
          hear what ??

Comment

They got their asses whooped by the Ori...cut the heart right out, dakara is no more..
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

The story is set in 2080 and should the FJN survive in the show, I think that would be plenty of time for them to recover so dont see a need for Osiris-RA to change races personally but thats up to him.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                They got their asses whooped by the Ori...cut the heart right out, dakara is no more..
                Yeah, and ?? They're not all dead.
                Last edited by Wineblood; 08 September 2006, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Nice idea Osiris-RA.

I was just thinking that this could make up the new spin off series if SG1 doesnt get picked up by another network. If TPTB dont get the opportunity to finish their ori story, the ori could be the extraterrestrial force that come to earth. In the last couple of episodes of season 10, the ori could come to earth and destroy the armada that is their to defend it. then the series could end on a cliffhanger.

Your idea could then form the new spin off where the ori have taken control of earth and enslaved us to the will of the ori.

Just my two cents worth, but again, great idea!
                  sigpic
                  By *E*K*R*

Comment

This is really nice!!!!

Almost all of the virtual series deals with a few years into the future and some form of exploration with Earth vessels.....but yours is totally original!!!! I would have never thought of a story like that.....sounds great!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill
                      I was just thinking that this could make up the new spin off series if SG1 doesnt get picked up by another network. If TPTB dont get the opportunity to finish their ori story, the ori could be the extraterrestrial force that come to earth. In the last couple of episodes of season 10, the ori could come to earth and destroy the armada that is their to defend it. then the series could end on a cliffhanger.
                      That'd be interesting. I don't think the SG PTB can snab from another idea, legal issues and stuff, but it'd definitely be interesting to see a spin-off like that.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think it might be better to have a new race occupying earth. I mean, it'd allow for me freedom in developing them and you could also link 'em to an old SG species later on.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          I think it might be better to have a new race occupying earth. I mean, it'd allow for me freedom in developing them and you could also link 'em to an old SG species later on.
                          Well, I didn't want to make it too complicated in the alien department. The concept of the Jaffa coming back to earth and taking it over was something I'd thought over for awhile, and while it did seem a bit simple, there's still the whole background for why and how they accomplished that. As it turns out, they had help.

I've gotten a forum up here. If anyone's interested, that's the base of operations until Terra-15 gets a site. If anyone would like to get in contact about helping out with this project, you can e-mail me at [email protected] or add me on MSN. I've got a cold right now, so I won't be on MSN much, but I'm always checking my mail.

- Marian
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Just a quck update: Terra-15 is now in the process of looking for folks to collaborate with on this project. For more information, you can check out this thread at the Stargate Universe forums.

Basically, I'm looking for writers, artists, and other creative folks to collaborate with to get this project off it's feet.

The following positions are currently available - in order of priority:

Staff Writer (sample required, more than one position is open, freelancers encouraged)
                            Script Supervisor
                            3D artist/Concept Artist/Production designer (more than one position open, freelancers encouraged)
                            Supervising Producer
                            Graphic designer (samples required, freelancers encouraged)
                            Composer

Hope to hear from you soon!
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                            X