This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writers for "Rare Pairs" wanted

I just discovered this ficathon and thought other SGA and SG-1 writers might be interested. From the website:

"SG-1 and Atlantis Rare Pairings Ficathon"

"What is this Rare Pairings Ficathon?

Everyone knows the major pairings of Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, but what about the rare and unconventional pairings? There are a number of them, and it's not always easy to find someone else who writes your 'ship of choice' (whether het, slash, or femslash).

This is a chance to challenge the writers of the Stargate universe to write one of those rarer pairings. Stretch your 'shippy tendencies, or try to suck someone into your unconventional pairing of choice."

I requested Teyla/Caldwell and Daniel/Weir fics. It'll be interesting to see what developes.

Check the link for more information.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

i can't recall what i requested, i think sam/teal'c

it's fun to see a pairing that's not so ordinary. no offense against the popular pairings but sometimes it's fun to see things from another angle
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of Sam/Teal'c but I think I've only seen one and that was a while back. Hope you get a good one.
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

sam/teal'c is around...the thing is ther's only about 3 of us that write it

sigpic

Comment

I've been seeing ficathons being run from livejournal now and then and I've always wondered: how do people FIND them? Do you guys have this circle of fic writers you keep in touch with? Or some sort of super-secret fanfic movement where you guys circulate this sort of things that I'm not aware of?

I'm asking because I'm interested in joining one. I tried searching to no avail. When I search 'stargate' it comes up with a list too long to go through, but when I try to be specific it lists all of 3 communities, if that.

Anyway, this particular one sounds interesting, but, alas, I'm an anti-shipper.

Comment

a few years ago, things used to circulate around the yahoo mailing lists, but people are now migrating to livejournal.

as to finding the communities, i'm pretty LJ stupid, but a lot if it is done through 'friends'

lj exists through networking. I have 30 peopl listed as friends, meaning that i read their journals every day (which isn't as bas as it sounds since most make a post or less aday so some days i just have 10 posts or so to read)

they also have friends, that have friends and chances are one of them is involved in something. so it's kinda like a game of telephone,someone reads something, posts it, their friends read it, post it and it filters through the internet

sigpic

Comment

Like Skydiver said, you can find it through networking with other SG fans but now there is a listing for all things Stargate related on LJ. It's called SG1 Debrief and it's a bi-weekly posting that lists everything posted about Stargate. Check it out.

Do you have an LJ? What kind of fanfic are you interested in? I read a lot of fic and belong to a number of fic writing communities. I could keep an eye out for something you.
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Oh, you're wonderful! Thanks for the link!

I have an LJ from waaaaay back when. I hardly used it then and I don't use it now.. but I just might have to if I want to get in on all the fun

As to what I like.. Gen fics with heavy focus on team or Jack/Daniel friendship. My special interest is in Daniel, of course..

I recently read a wonderful fic on ff.net from a teamficathon off of LJ. That's what sparked my interest in ficathons.. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to meet with fellow fic writers and stretch your imagination some with the requests.

ETA: I visited the link you gave me. I am simply -amazed- at the effort s/he has put into putting such an exhaustive list of the fandom together! There is everything imaginable there. While I am extremely happy to have this pointed out to me, I'm sad that I missed the Halloween challenge by two days. lol.

Anyway, thanks again!
                Last edited by nyxlily; 15 September 2006, 08:36 PM.

Comment

There will be plenty of Halloween challenges coming up soon in the individual communities so start working on your ideas! Sign up for the SG1 Debrief and you'll know as soon as they pop up! Enjoy!
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

My requests would be Beckett/Carter and Caldwell/Frasier.

Please?

AT
                    thistledown
                    sigpic

Comment

The sign-ups for this ficathon ended on the 17th but I'm sure there will be more ficathons to come along. You can keep an eye on them through the SG-1 Debrief newsletter on Live Journal. That's how I found out about this one.

If you're in the mood for reading rare pair fics, try theSGA RarePairs Ficathon results from earlier this year. There is a beautiful Teyla/Zelenka fic that will touch your heart titled "Different" that I adore.

If you're into fanfic insanity, you can try the It Hurts My Brain community which has some of the weirdest rarepairing I've ever seen. There are a few SGA characters blended in there. One has Harry Potter visiting Atlantis and yes, it does make your brain hurt. LOL!

Enjoy!
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                        The sign-ups for this ficathon ended on the 17th but I'm sure there will be more ficathons to come along. You can keep an eye on them through the SG-1 Debrief newsletter on Live Journal. That's how I found out about this one.

If you're in the mood for reading rare pair fics, try theSGA RarePairs Ficathon results from earlier this year. There is a beautiful Teyla/Zelenka fic that will touch your heart titled "Different" that I adore.

If you're into fanfic insanity, you can try the It Hurts My Brain community which has some of the weirdest rarepairing I've ever seen. There are a few SGA characters blended in there. One has Harry Potter visiting Atlantis and yes, it does make your brain hurt. LOL!

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the response!

I DO like seeking out fic once in awhile, but I'm not really versed on the structures of ficathons, contests, etc and don't really know any sites other than FF.net.

I appreciate it!!

AT
                        thistledown
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X