This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Show?

It's going to air the first episodes this week and Im wondering if it's worth watching. What's the VFX like? whats the stories like?

It's, you know, alright. Not that it's my favourite show on TV possibly ever or anything...
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Well, I can see you like Firefly and im just going to tell you now that BSG isn't a very humor-filled show. Theres moments but overall its a very serious and dark military/sci-fi show. The special effects are done by the same people who worked on Firefly and they are amazing. Too good for television really.

So, it all just depends on your tastes when it comes to sci-fi. I'd suggest watching one just to see if you like it or not for yourself.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by AcidSquid
        It's going to air the first episodes this week and Im wondering if it's worth watching. What's the VFX like? whats the stories like?
        its amazing!

seriously, worth a watch!

from your sig, i'm guessing you like firefly, so you'll really like it. the VFX are kinda stole borrowed from firefly, in that they're made to look like a real person is filming them, they are stunning.

story wise... gah! its ace! no other words... watch the miniseries first!

Comment

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
          its amazing!

seriously, worth a watch!

from your sig, i'm guessing you like firefly, so you'll really like it. the VFX are kinda stole borrowed from firefly, in that they're made to look like a real person is filming them, they are stunning.

story wise... gah! its ace! no other words... watch the miniseries first!
          Do you mean effects like shakycam and amateur Zoom?

Comment

Yes, those are all there like they were in Firefly.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah, like descent said... but I think they've had a bit of time to refine it aswell.

there IS sound in space though in galactica... which is cool, coz i really like the sound the vipers make when they fire their guns!

Comment

The VFX are much much better than anything else on Scifi right now. The story can be a matter of opinion, but IMO, it's 10x better than anything the Stargates have tried. Much more "realistic" I guess you could say.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

You ask the people obsessed enough it to view the BSG public forum. Um. Duh. No personal bashes, sorry. It's kind of funny though isn't it. yes, of course its worth watching. As a note, the miniseries and hte first 3 episodes are like the low point of the show. It definitely definitelyg ets better after that.

Comment

It's 100% worth your time! In fact it's 200% worth your time!

The VFX are the best I've ever seen on tv- as in beyond amazing. The story is fantastic (you do have to watch it all in order), it's very realistic, and the characters are wonderful and loveable and hateable all at once!

My favourite show EVER!

Go watch, now, seriously, you won't regret it.

Comment

It sucks! I wouldn't watch BSG if it was the last show on earth! Garbage...terribel (he says while sitting at his computer surrounded by his BSG toys, wearing a BSG shirt, with a BSG poster on his wall and he drives a car with a BSG logo on the rear windshield)

Yup pretty much worthless is how I'd sum up Battlestar Galactica...I can't imagine ANYONE being interested in that show...certainly can't find anyone else out there into it!

(was the sarcasm too much or did I hit it right on the head?)
                      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

It's great, but it's probably more of a drama than Sci-Fi.

Comment

The sarcasm was a bit overdone, titans. I would have eliminated the parenthetical part.
                          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I highly recommend it. Great story, great characters, great special effects - it's hands down my favorite show on TV right now. If you're looking for hard sci-fi (technobabble explanations of space travel, how the cylons work, etc.) you're going to be disappointed. BSG is a softer sci-fi series with an emphasis on the characters over the science, similar to Firefly. No aliens, time travel, or alternative universes either, thank goodness. Stories lean more toward a darker realism than "glossier" sci-fi like Star Trek and the Gates. Bad things happen and there are repercussions for poor decisions, people die, betray each other, and are betrayed, and the lines between "good guys" and "bad guys" are often blurred.

My advice - start from the miniseries and watch the eps sequentially from there. It'll save you a headache. BSG isn't a show where you can just start in the middle and expect to understand what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              My advice - start from the miniseries and watch the eps sequentially from there. It'll save you a headache. BSG isn't a show where you can just start in the middle and expect to understand what's going on.
                              Well...every episode does start with a pre-cap and then a recap which allows people to come in the middle of it all easier.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X