This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf - a call for help....

The following message is from Brian, the organiser of Wolf events.

SPECIAL REQUEST FOR PHOTOS

This is a request to anyone who has taken photographs at a Wolf event over the last ten years.

As you may be aware, we are running an event in September (for details please see the Wolf web site) to celebrate the ten year anniversary of 'Wolf' and would like to find as many photographs as possible of the events to include on a montage which will be on display at the event.

Photographs can be in colour or black and white, and can be prints, good quality photocopies of prints, or digital files (the latter is preferred). Prints can be any size up to A4 (the originals will be copied and not used in the actual montage); digital files need to be at least 500 x 700 pixels. Please be aware that we cannot return photographs or discs sent to us so please don't send us your negatives or your only prints!
    You can send CDs or floppy discs to (marked as 10th Anniversary Photo's):

Wolf Events
    PO Box 1419
    Slough PDO
    SL2 5WJ

CDs and floppies will be destroyed after use to protect the owners copyrights. It is acceptable to print your name on the picture itself as long as it is not obtrusive.

You can send photographs or photocopies to(marked as 10th Anniversary Photo's):
    Wolf Events
    PO Box 1419
    Slough PDO
    SL2 5WJ
    You can E-Mail pictures in jpg format to:

[email protected]

We would prefer to collect as many photographs as possible before the event, to give us enough time to prepare the montage, which is why we are asking for the files/prints to be sent rather than handed in on arrival at the event. All pictures are very welcome although it should be noted that not all will be selected for display - photographs with good contrast will be most likely to be selected.

Swell...need to contact someone at Wolf soonish anyway - came back from six weeks in Romania last night only to find SG7 tickets STILL haven't arrived!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

SG7 or SG8? I haven't recieved my ticket for SG8 yet either.

Romania? Ah that explains your absence at the Page's night then. I take back everything I said
      sigpic

Comment

Page's Bar Night thing happened? How did that go?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          SG7 or SG8? I haven't recieved my ticket for SG8 yet either.

Romania? Ah that explains your absence at the Page's night then. I take back everything I said
          1. Just found out that SG8 has been put back to November so that probably explains a lot.

2. Don't worry - you're not the only message board mod who I've met in RL who completely forgot that I was headed to/in Romania until I brought it up in online conversation DESPITE me started up a thread about it before I left(check the Off Topic folder).
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

What are Wolf events and how can I find out more about them?

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Page's Bar Night thing happened? How did that go?
              It was great. It was a fairly packed event, which was nice. Our own FH Bagpuss won the Stargate Quiz. And I'm fairly sure everyone had a good time!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                1. Just found out that SG8 has been put back to November so that probably explains a lot.

2. Don't worry - you're not the only message board mod who I've met in RL who completely forgot that I was headed to/in Romania until I brought it up in online conversation DESPITE me started up a thread about it before I left(check the Off Topic folder).
                Oh boy now you're making me feel real bad! But to be fair, I have had a lot of problems with the new forum. It was going extremely slowly for such a long time that I was barely only able to read one or two folders, and I didn't have time for the off topic folder.

Did you post how your trip went?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                  What are Wolf events and how can I find out more about them?
                  Wolf Events run cons in the UK. They run the 'definitive' Stargate Con here - currently up to number 8. SG8 is being held in November. Most years they run at least two cons, one at the beginning and one at the end of the year.

You can find out more about them at www.wolfevents.com

We've been blessed with Stargate cons in the UK this year. Along with Wolf, Level 3 are also holding one, and Gabit are holding an Amanda Tapping con at the beginning of 2005. I'm going to all three - woo hoo - plus the German City Con.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh boy now you're making me feel real bad! But to be fair, I have had a lot of problems with the new forum. It was going extremely slowly for such a long time that I was barely only able to read one or two folders, and I didn't have time for the off topic folder.

Did you post how your trip went?
                    Fair enough, did post from Romania but didn't really do much of a travelogue. Also got to go to the Hungarian Grand Prix which was absolutely wicked overall. Definately an experience though I'd rather improve my Romanian before heading back.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

We've been blessed with Stargate cons in the UK this year. Along with Wolf, Level 3 are also holding one, and Gabit are holding an Amanda Tapping con at the beginning of 2005. I'm going to all three - woo hoo - plus the German City Con.
                      You lucky thing!! You wouldn't by any chance have any idea around when the SG8 tickets should be sent out?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                        Fair enough, did post from Romania but didn't really do much of a travelogue. Also got to go to the Hungarian Grand Prix which was absolutely wicked overall. Definately an experience though I'd rather improve my Romanian before heading back.
                        wow that sounds great, you should definitely think about writing it up. I don't know anyone that's been to Romania.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          You lucky thing!! You wouldn't by any chance have any idea around when the SG8 tickets should be sent out?
                          Unfortunately no - you should post on the Wolf website as staff often answer questions there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately no - you should post on the Wolf website as staff often answer questions there.
                            I've e-mailed them a few times & haven't had any response...I'll try there though, thanks Gipsy!

Comment

It was great. It was a fairly packed event, which was nice. Our own FH Bagpuss won the Stargate Quiz. And I'm fairly sure everyone had a good time!
                              I really enjoyed the "Get-together",Gipsy.
                              It was a real honour and a joy to meet you and the others.Sorry if you were all expecting a 5'7" fluffy pink/beige cat.
                              I was surprised to win the quiz,but wow to the prize.
                              Thanks for the name-check .Thanks for a wonderful evening too.

Edit:Thank you also,to the very nice GW lady who chatted and donated some of her crisps to my enjoyment of the evening .

*wanders away in a happy and fairly discreet little haze*

I now return this thread to the purpose Magnolia intended .Sorry to take it off-topic,Magnolia !
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 August 2004, 07:13 AM. Reason: Typical...forgot a Hi !
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X