Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Major General morjana's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    California - The Shake and Bake State
    Posts
    14,280

    Exclamation SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    The SciFi Channel has revised their schedule for September...and it's both Good News and Bad News for Stargate SG-1.

    The Bad News:

    The 6pm rotation of SG1 is largely missing in action and is pre-empted for:

    09/06/2006 Eureka Mini Marathon From 5pm To 11pm

    09/11/2006 Pre-Empted for The Flintstones In Viva Rock Vegas
    09/12/2006 Pre-Empted for Hercules Part 2
    09/13/2006 Pre-Empted for Dinocroc
    09/14/2006 Pre-Empted for Riverworld

    09/18/2006 Pre-Empted for Firefly Marathon
    09/19/2006 Pre-Empted for Battlestar Galactica (Season 2) Marathon
    09/20/2006 Pre-Empted for John Doe Marathon

    09/28/2006 Pre-Empted for Post Impact
    09/29/2006 Pre-empted for Night Stalker

    And the pre-emptions continue on into October (SciFi only has a prelimiary Oct. Schedule available at this time):

    10/03/2006 Pre-empted Eureka Marathon - 9am To 9pm
    10/06/2006 Pre-empted for Night Stalker (Dr. Who Season Two Premieres)
    10/11/2006 Ghost Hunters Marathon
    10/13/2006 Pre-empted for Night Stalker


    The GOOD news:

    One word - MARATHONS! Oh, darn that's three words, now it's 11 words...oh, never mind. (I stole that from someone on GateWorld Forum, I forgot their screen name.)

    The SciFi Channel has added MARATHONS to the September schedule:

    09/21/2006 08:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Enemy Mine
    09/21/2006 09:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Space Race
    09/21/2006 10:00A Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) No Man's Land
    09/21/2006 11:00A Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Misbegotten
    09/21/2006 12:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Irresistible
    09/21/2006 1:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Sateda
    09/21/2006 2:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Progeny
    09/21/2006 3:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) The Real World
    09/21/2006 4:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Common Ground
    09/21/2006 5:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Mckay & Mrs. Miller
    09/21/2006 6:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Phantoms



    AND


    09/22/2006 08:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Fallout
    09/22/2006 09:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Chimera
    09/22/2006 10:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Flesh And Blood
    09/22/2006 11:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Morpheus
    09/22/2006 12:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) The Pegasus Project
    09/22/2006 1:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Insiders
    09/22/2006 2:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Uninvited
    09/22/2006 3:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) 200 (200th Episode)
    09/22/2006 4:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Counter Strike
    09/22/2006 5:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Memento Mori
    09/22/2006 6:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Company Of Thieves
    09/22/2006 9:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) The Quest - Pt 1
    09/22/2006 10:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) The Return - Pt 1
    09/22/2006 11:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) The Quest - Pt 1
    09/23/2006 12:00A Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) The Return - Pt 1
    09/23/2006 01:00A 48 Hours


    (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

    Morjana

  2. #2
    Colonel NowIWillDestroyAbydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In your head, making you crazy
    Posts
    5,112

    Thumbs up Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by morjana
    The GOOD news:

    One word - MARATHONS! Oh, darn that's three words, now it's 11 words...oh, never mind. (I stole that from someone on GateWorld Forum, I forgot their screen name.)

    The SciFi Channel has added MARATHONS to the September schedule:

    09/21/2006 08:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Enemy Mine
    09/21/2006 09:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Space Race
    09/21/2006 10:00A Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) No Man's Land
    09/21/2006 11:00A Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Misbegotten
    09/21/2006 12:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Irresistible
    09/21/2006 1:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Sateda
    09/21/2006 2:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Progeny
    09/21/2006 3:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) The Real World
    09/21/2006 4:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Common Ground
    09/21/2006 5:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Mckay & Mrs. Miller
    09/21/2006 6:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) Phantoms



    AND


    09/22/2006 08:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Fallout
    09/22/2006 09:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 7) Chimera
    09/22/2006 10:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Flesh And Blood
    09/22/2006 11:00A Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Morpheus
    09/22/2006 12:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) The Pegasus Project
    09/22/2006 1:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Insiders
    09/22/2006 2:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Uninvited
    09/22/2006 3:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) 200 (200th Episode)
    09/22/2006 4:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Counter Strike
    09/22/2006 5:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Memento Mori
    09/22/2006 6:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) Company Of Thieves
    09/22/2006 9:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) The Quest - Pt 1
    09/22/2006 10:00P Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) The Return - Pt 1
    09/22/2006 11:00P Stargate Sg-1 (Season 10) The Quest - Pt 1
    09/23/2006 12:00A Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) The Return - Pt 1
    09/23/2006 01:00A 48 Hours
    mmm...marathons. Sweet.

  3. #3
    Lieutenant Colonel ancientalliance's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    wherever I go, there I am...
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    mmm...marathons. Sweet.
    does it get any better?

  4. #4
    Colonel NowIWillDestroyAbydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In your head, making you crazy
    Posts
    5,112

    Post Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ancientalliance
    does it get any better?
    It could get better.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel Ltcolshepjumper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,297

    Sci-Fi Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    It could be both 6pm and marathons.That would be sweet!
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...
    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12118
    ... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.


    Spoiler:

    2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

  6. #6
    Major General morjana's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    California - The Shake and Bake State
    Posts
    14,280

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltcolshepjumper
    It could be both 6pm and marathons.That would be sweet!

    Almost as sweet as...well, you know.

    Morjana

    (chocolate!)

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel ancientalliance's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    wherever I go, there I am...
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    How about Stargate 24/7? That would be best of all... except for all those pesky commercials...

  8. #8
    Stargate: Horizon Staff Writer SierraGulf1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    If it were 24/7, there wouldn't be commercials.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Colonel ancientalliance's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    wherever I go, there I am...
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by SierraGulf1
    If it were 24/7, there wouldn't be commercials.
    oh, details, details....

  10. #10
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    I like the marathon bits, but not that the 6pm SG-1's have been pre-empted by more stupid Sci-Fi Original Movies (man those things suck!). I don't mind the dates they're airing other shows really, but the movies, man that makes me sick.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  11. #11

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Last time this year for SG1. is sept. 22nd.
    Source imdb.com
    Season 10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Season 10, Episode 1: Flesh and Blood
    14 July 2006
    As the Ori invasion continues, Vala and Daniel must deal with their leader: Vala's young daughter, rapidly aged by the Ori to serve their purposes.

    Season 10, Episode 2: Morpheus
    21 July 2006
    The team goes off-world and ends up in serious trouble. Meanwhile, Landry is faced with having to decide whether or not Vala can be trusted to remain at the SGC.

    Season 10, Episode 3: The Pegasus Project
    28 July 2006
    While Daniel and Vala search for Merlin's Anti-Ori weapon in Atlantis' library, Mitchell, McKay and Carter try to to dial the Ori Supergate in the Milky Way.

    Season 10, Episode 4: Insider
    4 August 2006
    Stargate Command captures several copies of Baal and must determine which one is the genuine article.

    Season 10, Episode 5: Uninvited
    11 August 2006
    An invisible creature targets members of Stargate Command one by one.

    Season 10, Episode 6: 200
    18 August 2006
    Martin Lloyd seeks out SG-1 for assistance when his failed TV show based on the real Stargate program becomes a feature film.
    Season 10, Episode 7: Counterstrike
    25 August 2006

    Season 10, Episode 8: Memento Mori
    8 September 2006

    Season 10, Episode 9: Company of Thieves
    15 September 2006

    Season 10, Episode 10: The Quest: Part 1
    22 September 2006

    Season 10, Episode 11: The Quest: Part 2
    2007

    Season 10, Episode 12: Bounty
    2007

    Season 10, Episode 13: The Shroud
    2007

  12. #12
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: SG1/SGA - Good News/Bad News for SciFi Channel's Sept. Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man
    I like the marathon bits, but not that the 6pm SG-1's have been pre-empted by more stupid Sci-Fi Original Movies (man those things suck!). I don't mind the dates they're airing other shows really, but the movies, man that makes me sick.
    It's all a matter of money. Apparently SG1 isn't pulling in ratings ANYWHERE on Scifi. Schlocky movies do attract an audience. THis happened years and years ago with another scifi show. It got taken off a network so I wrote them (this was pre-net) and they replied back that movies always pull in better ratings.

    I think it was a given that once SG1/SGA finished the first half of their seasons, they'd get removed from the schedule for other products.

Similar Threads

  1. good news/bad news Doctor Who
    By gatebuster64 in forum Doctor Who
    Replies: 265
    Last Post: March 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM
  2. SG1/SGA - Preliminary Sept. SciFi Channel Schedule Posted
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 27th, 2006, 10:38 AM
  3. Comic Con 2004 Photos -- Good News/Bad News
    By morjana in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM
  4. SciFi Channel's August Schedule for SGA/SG1
    By morjana in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 4th, 2004, 11:41 PM
  5. good news/bad news for gatecon
    By Skydiver in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2004, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •