The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
    I'm NOT trying to be a jerk here but that's a tad cliche. I'd like to think TPTB are a little more creative than that. Oh wait I've seen it, and they ARE....
    Sorry to say but the whole sci fi genre is a big cliche

Comment

What are you thoughts on how you would like to see the series end. Don't bring the movies into this. That's a seperate issue. Talking about the 10 seasons.

I would like to see it end much like "Cheers" did. That it really doesn't end. Long after the original SG-1 has moved on I would like to think we keep exploring the universe using the Stargate. Eventually it would have to be released to the public, can't keep building starships and have no one notice. Heck if all that was true it could unite the world like we've never seen before. At least that was Gene's dream with Star Trek.

I would like to see the closing of the mountain reflect this in the series and have them move the operation to area 51.

As far as characters...well, I think season 8 should have ended everything because lets face it. T wouldn't have stayed at the SGC after helping to free his people from bondage. He would have been leading them or helping. Him being a part of the council was a good stepping stone to that but they had to figure out a way to get the character back for two more years and I have always thought that T didn't serve any major purpose anymore. It was time for his character to move on.

Sam...her brilliant mind would have been used to advance the world while staying close to her husband, retired Jack O'neill.

Daniel...this is the one character I could have seen continue to go on missions. His dream job in discovering ancient civilizations...what better way to do that than the stargate.

I'm not counting Mitch, mack, mick (whatever his name is) and Valdra, valla, vag, whatever. I have nothing against the actors but never embraced the characters.

No matter what, it's time to move on and it was a good ten years.

Comment

You do know that the last episode has aired already, right?

Comment

and that, my friends, is why downloading hasn't affected the ratings.

^^this is a joke.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

HannibalHobbs, O'Neill won't be in the finale. The actor signed a contract to appear in five SG episodes, 2 SG-1 and 3 Atlantis. All five were filmed when the show was cancelled, so they couldn't get RDA to guest star for the finale. While O'Neill won't be in the finale, he will be in the second movie.

What you want to see won't happen. You're wanting a finale geared toward Seasons 1-8. Like it or not, the Ori saga happened, so the series finale has been geared toward that. The series finale has already aired in other countries, so it's a done deal. I won't spoil it for you, but I will say it's not this huge event that you're expecting it to be. The finale shows SG-1 finally doing what they've been trying to do for the whole ten years. In addition to that, the episode focuses on the six main characters. The ending is openended, because SG-1 will continue with two feature films.

Comment

I figured the season was done...I guess my question should have stated how you WOULD have liked the show to end. Though I admit to not having a clue how season 10 ends (not really caring either) I would still like it to go out on a good note and was curious which way the fans wanted it to end.

Comment

I would have liked it to end with something like "Lost City" or "Reckoning." Instead, it ended with an episode on the scale of "Full Circle." The ending is good. The only issue I have with it is that it was a one-hour instead of a two-hour. That's OK, though, because the true climax to the Ori saga will happen in the feature film Stargate: The Ark of Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I doubt we'll see Anubis again in SG-1. Personally, I think Oma and him will do battle forever.
                  Why does everybody say do battle for ever?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I doubt we'll see Anubis again in SG-1. Personally, I think Oma and him will do battle forever.
                    Why does everybody say do battle for ever?

Did i miss something in the eps?

Comment

Because it was implied that neither can win, the act of fighting is the only thing keeping Anubis at bay.

Comment

How CAN they end (bury the stargate) while the Atlantis mission makes use of it? I know they're somewhere (they don't know where) in space. Beyond that Atlantis won't make it to 10 seasons because personally I feel it is becoming less and less interesting. (too childish - why for **** sake 2 episodes of that irresistable person) A reasonable episode is with the destabilized planet core, but they cannot seem to come up with other ideas.
                        Is the doctor dead cuz he seems quite alive in episodes after he died.
                        Not sure if he died in the Tao of Rodney or Sunday.
                        Last edited by Pharos001; 31 May 2007, 03:38 AM. Reason: Time

Comment

Unending is the perfect way to finish it off leaving a tidbit for the future if maybe just maybe it might begin again. Perfect in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                          X