• Show
Clear All

SciFi Channel reruns all the Farscape episodes

The new Farscape miniseries, "The Peacekeeper Wars" premieres Sunday,
    October 17 at 9pm:

http://www.scifi.com/farscape/

Gear up for the new miniseries by watching all 88 episodes of
    Farscape during SCI FI's Daytime Rotation, Monday through Friday, 9AM-
    4PM, from Friday, Oct. 1, through Friday, Oct. 15.

You can also download the mini-series trailer (QuickTime formatted)
    at the above link.

And there's an Image Gallery available.

And, from the August 2004 issue of SciFi Magazine, the
    article, "Farscape Lives" is available here:

http://www.scifi.com/farscape/news/magazine.html

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Even with the cancelling of Farscape, i still think scifi is being really nice I'm so sad though for the people of Farscape
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      Even with the cancelling of Farscape, i still think scifi is being really nice I'm so sad though for the people of Farscape
      They only have a few months left on their Farscape contract (unless they extended it when they bought Peacekeeper Wars) so they are probably just trying to get the most out of it.

On a related note I've begun watching Farscape from start and am hoping to finish the entire series just in time to see the mini series.

Comment

If only Space would do the same up here

I think Season 4 comes out on DVD in early October so I still should be able to do this marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
          They only have a few months left on their Farscape contract (unless they extended it when they bought Peacekeeper Wars) so they are probably just trying to get the most out of it.

On a related note I've begun watching Farscape from start and am hoping to finish the entire series just in time to see the mini series.
          I was just saying if scifi didn't like the series, haha, they wouldn't be doing these things for the show, well nevermind, then they would have cancelled the series in the first place, haha... I dont know much, i wasn't a fan of show

Comment

I was just saying if scifi didn't like the series, haha, they wouldn't be doing these things for the show, well nevermind, then they would have cancelled the series in the first place, haha... I dont know much, i wasn't a fan of show
            They didn't like the series enough to continue it so I'm not giving them high marks for milking whatever they can from it now.

The mini series was financed by a third party, not SciFi (although they clearly payed something for the right to air it first in the USA). So no kudos to SciFi there either.

For the record I don't hold any kind of grudge agains SciFi for cancelling Farscape but let's keep the facts straight.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
              They didn't like the series enough to continue it so I'm not giving them high marks for milking whatever they can from it now.

The mini series was financed by a third party, not SciFi (although they clearly payed something for the right to air it first in the USA). So no kudos to SciFi there either.

For the record I don't hold any kind of grudge agains SciFi for cancelling Farscape but let's keep the facts straight.
              If your saying i wasn't keeping the facts straight, i don't know what your talking about Anywho, i've always thought Farscape was cancelled because of Stargate, but since you said scifi didn't finance Farscape, i don't see why that can be possible anymore.

Comment

If your saying i wasn't keeping the facts straight, i don't know what your talking about Anywho, i've always thought Farscape was cancelled because of Stargate, but since you said scifi didn't finance Farscape, i don't see why that can be possible anymore.
                SciFi used to pay for about half the production cost of Farscape. Once it pulled out there was no longer a basis for continuing the production. The new mini series got made because of new third party investors.

Farscape wasn't cancelled 'because' of Stargate per se. Of course if SciFi had not been able to pick up Stargate that would have made them far more likely to continue Farscape but that isn't the same thing. Ultimately Farscape was cancelled because SciFi execs. pushed it in one direction only to realize that it wasn't working and the knee jerk reaction was to cancel it and rely in stead on the 'new' show Stargate.

And I wasn't saying that you were not 'keeping the facts straight', just that some details where omitted.

Comment

Oh thanks for the explanation Helped me out quite a bit, anywho, i was looking over some Farscape ratings, it didn't do bad in the department, and where are you learning/reading about how scifi treated FS? Me wanna see *pouts like a little child*.

Comment

Oh thanks for the explanation Helped me out quite a bit, anywho, i was looking over some Farscape ratings, it didn't do bad in the department, and where are you learning/reading about how scifi treated FS? Me wanna see *pouts like a little child*.
                    My pleasure, always happy to help.

SciFi did treat Farscape poorly. But that's just life in this buisness. I'm just glad that they are going to be able to wrap the story up.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                      If only Space would do the same up here

I think Season 4 comes out on DVD in early October so I still should be able to do this marathon.
                      Actually all the series are out on DVD all ready. I didn't see alot of Farscape while it was on over here because of the BBCs nature of pre-empting it everytime the world tiddly-winks championship(or some other minor sporting event) was on which ment it took em about a year to get through a season and as a result I missed alot(i spent most of the second season not knowing about the neuro-chip) got confused and stopped watching. Luckily though i was able to pick up the DVDs from 1.1 to 3.2 really cheaply earlier this year, and Sci-Fi UK (despite being rubbish most of the time) is re-running them every afternoon. I'm hoping to get all the boxsets in before The Peacekeeper Wars comes on over here. It's a shame Farscape got cancelled because it was amazingly popular in the UK and myself and many others agreed it was the best sci-fi to come on in years. Considering it was an aussie show aswell it's a shame the american TV execs got to destroy it.

Comment

True, but I'm not going to buy them in those packs of four episodes. (4.1,4.2, etc) I just wait for the boxsets to come out. Season 3 on Tuesday and Season 4 in early October.

Comment

I know, i also would rather wait for a boxset, so it can come with a handy dandy dvd holder for the set

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                            True, but I'm not going to buy them in those packs of four episodes. (4.1,4.2, etc) I just wait for the boxsets to come out. Season 3 on Tuesday and Season 4 in early October.
                            The UK season boxsets are so expensive it actually works out cheaper for the 2 diksk packs, plus the pics they make look cool on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                              The UK season boxsets are so expensive it actually works out cheaper for the 2 diksk packs, plus the pics they make look cool on the shelf.
                              Then I understand.

For me it would cost about 160-170 CDN to buy the boxset, but if I were to buy them in volumes, it would come to 220 CDN. Now I like Farscape, but I think I can wait a couple months to save 60 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X