No announcement yet.

Christopher Heyerdahl/Todd/Halling/Pallan Thunk/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching Haling in season 1 & he was so kind and gentle it's hard to put 2 & 2 together, very effective, & this is the first Wraith I started liking before I knew who the actor was who was playing him, he's very deep & more than just running at people
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

If I remember quite correctly (Which isn't any good because my memory is abismal) he played the character Reverend Jimmy Criss or something like that in KH...

If I'm wrong please tell me.

...so the names James and Chris would be an hilarious homage to both the actor and a character that he's played before...

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian
        If I remember quite correctly (Which isn't any good because my memory is abismal) he played the character Reverend Jimmy Criss or something like that in KH...

If I'm wrong please tell me.

...so the names James and Chris would be an hilarious homage to both the actor and a character that he's played before...

James does sound good, cause it has a bit more dignity in it than Bob or Steve
        & It's kinda regal seeing as hes very different from the other wraith
        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

This one is fast becoming my new favorite character actor.

And I loves me some character actors, too. I dabble in amateur theatrics and I love to watch a really good actor at work - someone who can take a single line or a walk through and just make it work.

Not to take anything away from the Hewletts and Flannigans and Momoas of the world, mind you, but a goodcharacter actor is a true joy.

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus
            This one is fast becoming my new favorite character actor.

And I loves me some character actors, too. I dabble in amateur theatrics and I love to watch a really good actor at work - someone who can take a single line or a walk through and just make it work.

Not to take anything away from the Hewletts and Flannigans and Momoas of the world, mind you, but a goodcharacter actor is a true joy.

ladyjanus
            I'm into amateur theatrics too, I'm studying to be a theatre director

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
              I'm into amateur theatrics too, I'm studying to be a theatre director
              I have directed a number of stage productions over the last 30 years, with a non-profit community theater group I helped found. Everything from Plaza Suite to MacBeth. That's one of the reasons I truly appreciate supporting casts and the actors who can do it all. They are the backbone of community theatre and they are the living scenery that all the leading actors must have in order to do what they do.

That's why I love these productions, SGA and SG-1, so much, they are so rich in talent, and the ensemble is so very, very deep. Everyone adds their flavor to the mix.

Heyerdahl is just the latest example.

ladyjanus

Comment

Wow!!! Look at all these people who have an association with theatrical practice and there's me about to find out what I got in my theatre exams...

You guys are too cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus
                  I have directed a number of stage productions over the last 30 years, with a non-profit community theater group I helped found. Everything from Plaza Suite to MacBeth. That's one of the reasons I truly appreciate supporting casts and the actors who can do it all. They are the backbone of community theatre and they are the living scenery that all the leading actors must have in order to do what they do.

That's why I love these productions, SGA and SG-1, so much, they are so rich in talent, and the ensemble is so very, very deep. Everyone adds their flavor to the mix.

Heyerdahl is just the latest example.

ladyjanus
                  I totally agree, though I'm far less experienced than you, I've only worked on school performances, church stuff, and a bit with my brothers
                  I've always loved theatre, even as a 5 year old I was putting on plays for my parents, I'd be listening to Opera, kinda weird but true

Comment

I totally agree, though I'm far less experienced than you, I've only worked on school performances, church stuff, and a bit with my brothers
                    I've always loved theatre, even as a 5 year old I was putting on plays for my parents, I'd be listening to Opera, kinda weird but true
                    I'm quite like you just missing the opera music and the siblings.

Our college has Oliver coming up with the auditions next month.

LMAO

Don't know why that's important though...

Comment

I'm quite like you just missing the opera music and the siblings.

Our college has Oliver coming up with the auditions next month.

LMAO

Don't know why that's important though...

lol, I remember that, we did Oliver at our school, one of my female friends played Oliver the little guy's voice is so hi pitched

Comment

Well I'm pretty much a senior at my college so that means I'd get cast - if at all - in an older role.

They plan to make one of the 1st years (Because it's a college/high school combination) to play Oliver because they're all so teeny and squeaky.

Comment

Well I'm pretty much a senior at my college so that means I'd get cast - if at all - in an older role.

They plan to make one of the 1st years (Because it's a college/high school combination) to play Oliver because they're all so teeny and squeaky.

lol, you could play Fagin

Comment

lol, you could play Fagin
                            Excuse me???

Comment

Excuse me???

Or Bill Sykes

Comment

We think that teachers will be given those roles.

Comment

Working...
                                X