Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel telpethoniel's Avatar

Default Christopher Heyerdahl/Todd/Halling/Palin Thunk/Appreciation

Ain't he just the coolest!
    I was so dumbstruck when I found out he played the wraith in Common Ground & he's in No Man's Land as well, and don't you just love Haling and Palin

Spoiler:

"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Default Re: Christopher Heyerdahl/Season 3 Wraith/Haling/Palin Thunk & Admiration Thread

Ain't he just the coolest!
    I was so dumbstruck when I found out he played the wraith in Common Ground & he's in No Man's Land as well, and don't you just love Haling and Palin
    Nice that he's in one of the season's best eps!
    I've been trying to catch all his non-SG appearances too.
    Here's some screencaps from Dead Zone, Psych, and Saved
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Pallandrone; August 27th, 2006 at 11:20 AM.

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Christopher Heyerdahl/Season 3 Wraith/Haling/Palin Thunk & Admiration Thread

Christopher Heyerdahl is such a cool actor.

The first thing I ever saw him in was Kingdom Hospital - I think - and then I next saw him in the SG1 episode Revisions.

I've been thinking of drawing a portrait of him, he just got one of those characteristic faces that sets him apart
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Do you guys want to join in with the figuring out a name for Chris's Wraith in Common Ground?
    I though Reverend somethingorother? You fill in the blanks cause of how he said
    Spoiler:
    with the life giving thing is given to the most devout worshipers

I don't know, how about Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Commander
    I don't know, how about Craig?
    Reverend Craig, hmm has a nice ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by telpethoniel
    Reverend Craig, hmm has a nice ring to it
    I would say Daniel, but given

Spoiler:
    Daniel becomes a reverend for some fanatical cult and walks around with a staff going Hallowed are the Ori

What about something slightly whaky like Rev Luepay

Quote Originally Posted by telpethoniel
    What about something slightly whaky like Rev Luepay
    Doesn't fit Sheppard's style, either Craig or Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Commander
    Doesn't fit Sheppard's style, either Craig or Gary.
    Neither does Mr Hooper from Defiant One, but this Wraith is different, I would think he'd name him something a little more dignified

Okay, how about James, of course we already have a Jimmy so...

Nicholas?

I'd say "Chris", as an homage to the actor

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron18
    I'd say "Chris", as an homage to the actor
    that'd be cool

awww yay! I was waiting for a thread like this. He has actually made me LIKE a wraith lol......... Sauron your right I can see him as a Chris.. =]

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4...illeds3xb7.png

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

I was watching Haling in season 1 & he was so kind and gentle it's hard to put 2 & 2 together, very effective, & this is the first Wraith I started liking before I knew who the actor was who was playing him, he's very deep & more than just running at people

Lieutenant Colonel

If I remember quite correctly (Which isn't any good because my memory is abismal) he played the character Reverend Jimmy Criss or something like that in KH...

If I'm wrong please tell me.

...so the names James and Chris would be an hilarious homage to both the actor and a character that he's played before...

Quote Originally Posted by Allestian
    If I remember quite correctly (Which isn't any good because my memory is abismal) he played the character Reverend Jimmy Criss or something like that in KH...

If I'm wrong please tell me.

...so the names James and Chris would be an hilarious homage to both the actor and a character that he's played before...

James does sound good, cause it has a bit more dignity in it than Bob or Steve
    & It's kinda regal seeing as hes very different from the other wraith

Second Lieutenant

This one is fast becoming my new favorite character actor.

And I loves me some character actors, too. I dabble in amateur theatrics and I love to watch a really good actor at work - someone who can take a single line or a walk through and just make it work.

Not to take anything away from the Hewletts and Flannigans and Momoas of the world, mind you, but a goodcharacter actor is a true joy.

ladyjanus

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjanus
    This one is fast becoming my new favorite character actor.

And I loves me some character actors, too. I dabble in amateur theatrics and I love to watch a really good actor at work - someone who can take a single line or a walk through and just make it work.

Not to take anything away from the Hewletts and Flannigans and Momoas of the world, mind you, but a goodcharacter actor is a true joy.

ladyjanus
    I'm into amateur theatrics too, I'm studying to be a theatre director