This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Secret Behind SG Villians!

What makes enemies of Earth in the SG universe evil?

We ("lsd" and I) have a theory! It is because of the lack of ability to reproduce sexually!

The Ori don't do it - it doesn't seem possible since they are just energy, without physical bodies once ascended!

The Replicators do not reproduce sexually either; they are just "machines". Perhaps the human form replicators can physically "copulate" but they do not biologically reproduce!

The Ascended aren't really evil, but they aren't that "good" either since they don't really help us much. Our reasoning? They are too prissy and probably think such behaviour would be "below" them. That's why they aren't that nice.

The Gouald are debatable....they are usually depicted as being "spawned" from a queen (with the exception of "Hathor"), which would mean the act of copulation would not be the same as say....humans.

And we don't know about the Wraith yet. They do have young, as seen in "Instinct", but they do not exhibit any form of family behavior, which would suggest that there isn't the same bond between "parents" of a Wraith as for human parents. Plus, they live in "hive" hierarchy, which would suggest something like a Queen bee with her followers, which would put them in the same category as the Gouald.

Hence, it could be postulated that the lack of the intimate bonds created through "copulating" (as humans do) makes evil aliens evil! The Gouald and Wraith are debatable...share your ideas!
    sine sine cosine sine,
    three point one four one five nine!
    Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
    [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
    This is the reality. Accept it.

In summary: no tv, no sex, makes aliens go crazy!

i mean if u were not able to reproduce sexually would u not go crazy too?

poor poor aliens

they are just jealous

wheeeee
    spinspinspin!
    Today I was called a beautiful mystery and the explanation was:

How can something be hot and cool at the same time?

Comment

Asgard?
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Spoiler:
        The Asgard used to be able to reproduce sexually, but that was awhile ago!
        Perhaps they have not fully transformed into evil / ascended apathic attitude yet, but they are certainly showing some signs! And in "Allies",
        Spoiler:
        that Asgard that got into a big "I am smarter than you" contest with McKay!.
        And the Asgard High Council has repeatedly been unable and sometimes unwilling to help out Earth, like in "Red Sky".
        sine sine cosine sine,

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.

Comment

I'm not conviced that the lack of sex makes them evil - especially as the Goa'uld clearly have no problems there (there must be a reason all those handmaidens and page boys are so pretty) - but the absence of a familial, parent/child bond may well be telling. If every sibling is a rival and every child a threat, you certainly wouldn't grow up wanting to trust people.

The Ori and the Ancients embody more the doctrine that absolute power corrupts absolutely. They can do anything, which in one case leads them to believe that everything they do is right and in the other to believe that anything they did would be wrong. Moreover, as your man Orin demonstrated, they do have a close, intimate bonding process and they all had mummies and daddies once upon a time.

Comment

Yeah, it can't be just the lack of sex or the Asgard would be evil (eventually?)!

But the Gou'ald parasites themselves don't seem to copulate? Sure, they can get their hosts to copulate with humans, but isn't it illegal for 2 hosts to mate and produce a child?

And it's a good point about the Ancients/Ori. They were all once "normal" people too!
            sine sine cosine sine,

Comment

Originally posted by spinspinspin
              But the Gou'ald parasites themselves don't seem to copulate? Sure, they can get their hosts to copulate with humans, but isn't it illegal for 2 hosts to mate and produce a child?
              That's what the slaves are for, surely? Actually, given Hathor's comment that she likes the method of procuring the code of life in humans, I tend to assume that the reason the Goa'uld swapped from their far more powerful Unas hosts to squishy humans was for the, well, squishing. And possibly for superior tool use and higher reasoning, but mostly for the squishing.

Sort of like trading in the practical family car for a sporty model once the kids have left home.

Comment

The Goa'uld can reproduce sexually with human bodies and create a harcesis, remember?
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                  The Goa'uld can reproduce sexually with human bodies and create a harcesis, remember?
                  Yeah but they're forbidden from doing so. Le-Pop-Head broke the rules.

Heck, now THAT might make 'em evil for SURE.

This thread is cracking me up
                  Frak! --Apollo
                  Frak you. --Cain
                  FRAK Me! --Kat
                  frakwit! --Tyrol
                  B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace
                    Yeah but they're forbidden from doing so. Le-Pop-Head broke the rules.

Heck, now THAT might make 'em evil for SURE.

This thread is cracking me up
                    Yeh, but it IS possible.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                      Yeh, but it IS possible.
                      I can't explain this further and maintain the PG-13 rating!!!!!!! I'm just going to read now
                      Frak! --Apollo
                      Frak you. --Cain
                      FRAK Me! --Kat
                      frakwit! --Tyrol
                      B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

you might be onto something here!
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

hmm intersting.

Comment

Hmmm, the Gouald may be an exception, due to the unique circumstance of them possessing a human body. But a real bond needs two equals to form, and as takingspace pointed out, since it's against the rules for Goualds' hosts to mate, the frustration may indeed cause evilness!

I wonder if Priors of the Ori have chasity vows. They talk about some of them leaving thier family behind to join the cause of the Ori, but after they gain their Prior powers and the blue glowy staff, do they have to be chaste? So far, as far as I've seen (1001 - Flesh and Blood), all Priors appear to be male. The only female with Ori powers that I've seen is
                            Spoiler:
                            "Adria", Vala's Ori baby.

Looking at followers of evil powers, the ones who can be convinced to turn against their evil masters are the ones that reproduce as humans do - eg. Jaffa, Ori worshippers. So far, they have not been able to "turn" a Wraith nor a Prior.
                            sine sine cosine sine,

Comment

heh... you made me wonder... did any of current Asgard ever have sex?
                              cause at some point they decided to use cloned bodies to have long (almost immortal) life span... now that would make Thor&co. not seeing "action" for thousends of years, but remembering it?

i know i would go crazy
                              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Working...
                              X