No announcement yet.

Counterstrike (1007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this episode first of all for seeing Daniel and Vala getting closer and bonding on a personal level about losing a family member or having one taken from them by a powerful enemy.

I also really liked the scenes with Morena Baccarin (Adria) and Claudia Black (Vala) not only do they look like they could be related but it also provides this great depth to their relationship. Both of these women truly want to save the other and pursue a relationship but they are deeply divided on many levels and it adds multiple layers to both women. Adria simply getting confirmation that her mother does care for her makes the audience (briefly) feel sorry for the young woman (in reality a new born as she is only a few weeks old) who was stripped of her childhood because of the agenda of the Ori and their tactics of interviewing their dogma and opinions into her very DNA. And we see Vala trying to find a way that she can turn her daughter against the Ori and their agenda and Vala sees that Adria is not changing her mind.

Finding out in this episode that Hebridan and Langara having been converted was a great little detail from the writers (similar to not showing the audience if the Asgard ship survived the first battle with the Ori in Camelot/Flesh and Blood) it really was meant to be a shock to the audience as well as a way to enforce the notion of how enormously powerful the Ori fleet of ships truly is by taking over/converting very powerful societies/planets. The destruction of Dakara was also an interesting move, it never felt earned as a Jaffa stronghold and was never mentioned before Reckoning Parts 1 and 2. It is interesting how the Dakara Superweapon was listed as the "only real threat against us" by Adria so it automatically makes the viewer think:
    1:What are the Nox doing now that the Ori are in the Milky Way galaxy?
    2:As pacifists have the Nox made a non-aggression pact with the Ori? (Unlikely in my opinion)
    3oes Adria not know about the Nox? (also unlikely in my mind)
    Last edited by EvaWallE7744; 09 December 2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X