• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counterstrike (1007)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1007

The Jaffa take the fight to the Ori, using a genocidal weapon on their new worshippers and landing SG-1 in the middle of a war they can't control.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:12 PM.

Definately one of the best episodes this season. This whole arc has just gone dark with Adria back (whos really twisted).

A 9/10 from me!
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Good ep, it's sad Langara is under Ori control, hey that would be a good story for the Series Finale, SG-1 rescuses Jonas from the Ori. I give it a ***1/2. Next week's doesn't look so good. This season is SO better than Season 9.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm getting SICK of Malozzi's scripts being the only ones that have convenient beaming (at least Flesh and Blood made SOME sense as the ship was on the planet). Any other writer could have thought of something CREATIVE to do there.

The rest of the episode was good but every episode that involves the stupid asgard beam to save anyone at the last second gets -points from me. Why do the writers have to be so stupid? They know its convenient and even though they attempt to joke at their incompetance to write a good escape in "200", (and I bet malozzi wrote that segment of the episode) it still gets old and annoying. FAST.

7/10. I'll watch the episode again later to find all the plot holes because I feel like ripping Malozzi's script into shreds. But the convenience beaming is really getting sickening.

It's happening too much on Atlantis AND SG-1. I swear, that "tech" was the worst thing to happen to this show. Lets beam the entire building out off the Earth! And in Flesh and Blood, the same stupid crap happened.

/sigh

EDIT: I'll be positive about some things though. Vala grew on me this week. She has great potential. She and Daniel being able to interact on that kind of level is really nice. When I heard Daniel would tell her about Sha're, I figured it would be something sexually initiated, but this actually fit with the episode.

Fun to see an Ori ship as well. I just wish the good story wasn't ruined by the beaming.

I'm kind of sad to see the "Jaffa Nation" go, as storylines involving them tended to be good. But another "we didn't say theyre dead so they aren't nessecarily gone" stunt was pulled.

Comment

Langara?! Isn't Jonas on Langara? I hate how they just forgot him

Comment

I liked the basic story, but there were a few specific things that really irked me.

- Why did Carter bother to take the staff? Did she actually think through that it'd bee beetter to hit the jaffa with the staff so she didn't have to shoot him? Why didn't she just hit him with the gun? The fact that they spent time to make a point of it made me hope they'd do something with it. Like, if they had any brains, maybe bring it home to examine it.

- A dell laptop apparently able to interface with an Ori ship (technology they've never encountered before).

- Adria's horrid looking contacs. Seriously, they were even lopsided, it was so gross.

- Bad cutting and bad lines. Especially the last one.

But like i said, plot-wise, it was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
              yes i just checked poor jonas
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

When Sam said Hebridan and Langara were converted my heart sank about six inches into my belly. Of course, my heart was already sunken because of the cancellation. That was just the icing on the cake.

I'm assuming that Jonas is probably dead. I mean, there's just no way he'd submit and we know what happens to those who don't submit.

I hope Warrick's okay. Although I doubt he's still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                  When Sam said Hebridan and Langara were converted my heart sank about six inches into my belly. Of course, my heart was already sunken because of the cancellation. That was just the icing on the cake.

I'm assuming that Jonas is probably dead. I mean, there's just no way he'd submit and we know what happens to those who don't submit.

I hope Warrick's okay. Although I doubt he's still alive.
                  there killed jonas with out a single shot (TPTB)

Comment

Originally posted by Supacacto
                    - Why did Carter bother to take the staff? Did she actually think through that it'd bee beetter to hit the jaffa with the staff so she didn't have to shoot him? Why didn't she just hit him with the gun? The fact that they spent time to make a point of it made me hope they'd do something with it. Like, if they had any brains, maybe bring it home to examine it.
                    In the sides that were released by showfax.com many, many months ago - prior to filming - the script actually said that Sam shot the Jaffa. Then Cameron said, "I didn't know you knew how to use one of those things," and Sam responded with, "Well, piece of cake." Don't know why they changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                      Yup. Jonas is on Langara and Warrick is on Hebridan. Are they both dead or are they converted? Or are they in hiding?

You know, it would have been NICE if one of them mentioned their names.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The episode was good but I agree the convenience beaming is very annoying. It just points out how unlikely it is that SG-1 could survive any of these situations. Once is a great, twice is a blessing, 6 fricking times is eye rollingly annoying and overdone.

I know there's a lot going on but yeah, a mention of Jonas would have been nice.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

During counterstrike we found out that
                          counterstrike spoilers season 10
                          Spoiler:
                          Jonas's home world has gone ori so do you think this is TPTB ways of getting rid of him. do you think Jonas is still alive

Comment

damn good episode....no to cancellation

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Yup. Jonas is on Langara and Warrick is on Hebridan. Are they both dead or are they converted? Or are they in hiding?

You know, it would have been NICE if one of them mentioned their names.
                              it's all up in the air sadly could be one of those I'm hiding please let me thought the gate before I'm discovered i have Intel type stories

i also made a thread to discuss this http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34148

Comment

Working...
                              X