Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asurans – Replicators (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans – Replicators (Possible Spoilers)

No, this isn’t a thread to complain about how we’re getting the Replicator story again! This is a thread to discuss possibilities. Also, this thread is going to contain some mild spoilers from the mid season two parter so if you don’t want to know anything… stop reading.

Although they are very similar, they are not the same “species” of machine. Do you think it’s wise to send O’Neil over to Atlantis where he can get mind probed by this new technological menace and have them learn, in great detail, about the Replicators? That’s just asking for trouble. They might contact their nano-brothers and, I don’t know, merge with them… making it worse for everyone.

At least we get to see RepliCarter guess star on Atlantis when these two groups eventually meet.

Well according to the timeline the Replicators are now gone completely unless something else is mentioned so dont think there is a worry about the merging thing. Plus remember that the Asurans and the Replicators have completely different programming. One was a toy created with the command to replicate and survive and worked in an almost completely insect hive manner. While the other was programmed as an aggressive weapon that imitated its creators and they seem a lot more independent minded.

Personally I kind of agree its a mistake for them to send O'Niell against the Asurans. To me they have nothing in common with the Replicators beyond being composed of nanites.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
    X