X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Australia site pulling up stakes

http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm

For Stargate News Australia, It's Over

This site was struck in support of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate SG-1 only.

We fought one BIG Stargate SG-1 battle, Channel 7, seasons 7 and 8, it was a
    futile exercise, Channel 7 has gone back to it's old ways, believing that the
    AusTam Ratings system works, it doesn't, folks who supported us in that battle
    have now joined the download set and they cant be blamed, SG-1 fans want to
    see the current episodes as soon as humanly possible after they are made NOT a
    year or longer.

No more news will be posted here and the whole site will be dismantled (this
    page will go last), nor will any news be posted in the blogs, they will stay
    online until blogspot decides to remove them, we started a forum on 23 July
    2006 ( how's the irony in that, exactly 30 days later our fav show got the chop),
    it's free and if folks desire they can keep it alive, we will support it, if
    not…..

*Click on link above for the full text*

Originally posted by prion
    http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm

For Stargate News Australia, It's Over
    I knew it would happen just wasn't sure when... sorry to hear that, and they are right on all fronts...
    ...especially about Channel 7.

Comment

One thing I don't understand is the comment that they don't like having to wait a year or more to see episodes after they're "made" (or maybe after they're first aired).

People in the US who don't have cable have to wait just as long.

Comment

I am so sad, I went there everyday... and they had the best info...

Comment

I'm sure people wouldn't mind waiting a year to support their fave shows on 7, if 7 actually put them on with, or at least the illusion of, a schedule or plan. 7 seems to air SG-1/Atlantis whenever they feel like it and just take it off randomly or slot in a random ep here and there, take it off suddenly, etc etc. Our only hope now is that TV1 will get the later seasons. They have up to season 7 of SG-1 and play it weekly, in a primetime spot no less. I'm not sure about licensing or whatever, but I hope they get seasons 8+, Atlantis and maybe even BSG...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Working...
          X