No announcement yet.

200 (1006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always a fun episode if watched for just what it is, a wonderful wander through Sci Fi cliches and nods to great Sci Fi shows I've enjoyed over the years.

Also full of self-depreciating humourous references which completes the enjoyable rewatch factor of this episode for me. The references to the original movie made as the puppet show was hilarious, made more enjoyable by the fact I loved 'Thunderbirds' as a kid. The Farscape spoof was well done, funny seeing Crichton as Stark! AT made a great looking Chianna, and Thor, well, perfect casting for Rigel!

Comment

Welll...I told you back in '06 how I viewed this ep...

1. "Which ep you're watching?" "200...the wierd one..." "Too right wierd".

2. They really took the mick out of Mitchell here...

3. Far**** parody...wierd...

4. "Act 3 just ends" Fade to black...

Meh...
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I remembered being bored out of my skull the first time I saw it. However, repeated watchings and being educated in the Stargate fandom has given me a deeper appreciation of this episode.

My experience was similar. Series re-watches, audio commentaries, cast & crew interviews, and the fan community transformed my appreciation of the episode. "200" is a laugh-fest for me now.

"It has to spin! I'm the general. I want it to spin!"

Comment

love Love LOVE this eppy!
          sigpic

Comment

The funniest thing about this episode was when the puppet daniel jackson.. did his drawings.. but what was even funnier is when he drew the symbols on the monitor incorrectly and I remembered that scene was from the original stargate movie

Comment

AWESOME EPISODE The worst part was those stupid puppets but the best was the rest of the show I love this episode
              sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

I loved this episode (but not at first viewing though) re-watched it again today as I only just got season 10 a few weeks ago. I thought it was funny. For a 200th episode, I couldn't imagine being it done any othe way.

Puppets were classic. Loved that.

Credits were hillarious

Farscape reference birlliant. Daniel as John, Sam as Chiana, Claudia as Aeryn (yay, would not have that any other way) and Mitchell as Stark (lmfao!) Thor as Rygel just cracked me up.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, very brilliant comedy. I liked this one, and it was good to see Marty again.

"Warp speed"

Comment

It may have already been brought up on here, I'm not sure and I didn't really know where else to go to ask but what excatly is in 'File 30185'? Because I'm really curious now!

Also, I love this episode! I watch it everytime I need a good laugh!
                    sigpic
                    "For All Eternity"
                    The Five | Multi-shpper
                    SamxJack | JohnxHelen
                    Currently watching: Stargate SG1 Season3. Currently reading: Broken Wings by L Stoddard Hancock.
                    Banner courtesy of couplechemestry.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-Helen-Granger View Post
                      It may have already been brought up on here, I'm not sure and I didn't really know where else to go to ask but what excatly is in 'File 30185'? Because I'm really curious now!

Also, I love this episode! I watch it everytime I need a good laugh!
                      I don't know about that file. But i googled it...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3143619AAmxX4U

Comment

My condolences to the family, friends and cast mates of Glee's Cory Monteith who passed away in Vancouver, aged 31 on Saturday....

As he played the teen Cam Mitchell in the "Teen SG1" segment of 200, I wanted to post them here as well as in the Glee thread...

RIP Cory

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Incredible episode
                          I loved the Television Cliches that shows have
                          I loved the tributes to Wizard of oz and Farscape
                          i loved the puppet scene

Just such a brilliant episode. Much better than the 100th episode
                          Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                          Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Brilliant, funny and unique. Would like to have one of those puppets!

ANJA
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Indeed

Comment

My feeling on 200 was that it was fun to see Marty again, and the episode was more like a a BS session around the writer's table. It was okay, but I thought it should only have been thirty minutes long. Since I'm not a die hard, rabid fan, I accept the jokes and note the tedium.

The bit with the puppets reminded me of my childhood. I never saw Team America, but watched puppet shows like Fireball X-L5, Supercar, and some other show (not Thunderbirds). Kind of creepy to see something like this and know it was actually kiddie entertainment at one time.

I thought, like many of you did, that it was fun but went on too loooong. But when they passed through the gate and their strings were cut was a real howl.

I get the feeling, in a 13 year perspective, that the creators of SG-1 had a much greater opinion of their own sense of humor then reality warrants, but the fan base whooped along with them, and that's what counts...almost as much as the ratings.

Comment

Working...
                                X