X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - NEW Syndicated season starts 9/23-24

From the August 2006 MGM e-mail newsletter:

TELEVISION

New Episodes of Stargate SG-1 Fridays at 9pm ET/PT!

August 18th was a huge milestone for 'Stargate SG-1', as Sci Fi Channel aired the show's 200th episode. Fans of Stargate were also treated to the return of Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill. Anderson is set to appear in additional episodes this season as well.

The syndicated versions of 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis' are set to begin the weekend of September 23rd & 24th. The Stargate episodes will feature new cast members Ben Browder and Beau Bridges. Check your local listings for date and time. [This would be SG1's season nine and SGA's season two. -- Morjana]

With 'Battlestar Gallactica' not retuning to the SCI FI Friday line-up until October, 'Stargate SG-1' moves to 9pm ET/PT, with 'Stargate Atlantis' following at 10pm ET/PT.

Click here for more on 'Stargate SG-1.'

http://www.stargatesg1.com/

Click here for more on 'Stargate Atlantis.'

http://www.stargateatlantis.com/

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

THANK YOU for posting this.

I've been checking Gateworld's list of airings on the mainpage every weekend to make sure I didn't miss the start of the new syndicated season. (I want to record at least the first half of the seasons of both shows, after what SciFi did to the openings last year. )

Truly appreciate it.

Comment

thanks morjana!!

it's about time TPTB put Season 2 of Atlantis into syndication... been waiting months for this. DVD's not too far behind either, I would guess.

Comment

Do people even watch reruns any more??

Lets face it, once a show airs once a significant percentage of the audience has it archieved to watch whenever they desire. The studio execs know this , they'll not stupid (at least not some of them). There are so many ways to get the episodes now ie. downloads, dvd's from other regions, dvrs and even old fashion vcr recording, and more recently with the shows becomming available on itunes and placeshifting from other markets.

Syndication is starting to look like an arnarchism.

Comment

I'll get to see sige pt 3 again hugs morjana
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't get it, sorry, I'm a Uk guy, what does this mean I thought that the US already showed season 9 and season 2??

What-a-la, me no gets it?
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
              I don't get it, sorry, I'm a Uk guy, what does this mean I thought that the US already showed season 9 and season 2??

They did show it in the US already. What it means is that during the break when there are not more new episodes in the US they will be running through the previous season (9 of SG-1 and 2 of Atlantist) in order. That was those who want to see the previous season again, or are just starting out with the new season will be able to watch the previous season.

So it is not that they have not been shown but rather that they are just being shown again.
              Weir: He's just a boy!
              Jinto: I am Jinto.
              Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko
                They did show it in the US already. What it means is that during the break when there are not more new episodes in the US they will be running through the previous season (9 of SG-1 and 2 of Atlantist) in order. That was those who want to see the previous season again, or are just starting out with the new season will be able to watch the previous season.

So it is not that they have not been shown but rather that they are just being shown again.
                Merci!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori

In the States, the FIRST RUN episodes of SG1 and SGA are shown on the SciFi Channel, which is a cable channel, and in some areas, is a premium cable channel, and has about 85 million viewers.

Which means that there are quite a few viewers who aren't able to see the series, as a lot of people don't have cable tv.

So...we have syndication.

Syndication is the rerun of first run episodes, usually on the Broadcast Networks (those channels on UHF that you can get without cable) -- ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, UPN, WB, etc.

In the past, the syndicated episodes have been primarily on the FOX channels, and in the markets where FOX didn't buy the syndicated rights, then on the WB or UPN (and in my area, the NBC) channels.

Syndicated Season 9 and Syndicated Season Two begin the weekend of Sept. 23/24 in the US - for those folks who don't have cable (or a computer to download), this will be their first chance to see the episodes.

(Our Region 1 DVDS haven't been released here as yet for those seasons.)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                    I'll get to see sige pt 3 again hugs morjana
                    You're welcome!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      You're welcome!

Morjana

i get to see siege pt 3 again
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                      X