This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you pronounce Goa'uld?

We all know that there are plenty of ways to pronounce Goa'uld, my question is how do you pronounce it? Most times I say "Goold," but on occasion I say "Go-a'uld" or "gwaoold" (lile Thor says it).
    Rocky

I say Go-ah-oold. Much like Thor.

Comment

Thor's been around for a long time. I'd hate to think he didn't know how to pronounce the name, or that he's been mispronouncing it all this time.
      Last edited by Ancient 1; 15 August 2004, 10:43 PM. Reason: add pic

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Although, surprisingly enough, it doesn't come up in daily conversation THAT often
        I pronounce it Gwah-Oold

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
          Although, surprisingly enough, it doesn't come up in daily conversation THAT often
          I pronounce it Gwah-Oold
          If this reply is in answer to mine...you know Thor and the other Asgard have been dealing with the System Lords/Goa'uld for a long time. Heck they probably sit around and talk trash about them all the time....off camera.

Comment

I always figured that the 'correct' way was to say Go-ah-oold (or however you want to spell it). But humans being the impatient lot that we are have simply shortened it down to 'Goold' as sort of a nickname

Comment

Go-ah-oold suits me fine !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I hate goolds, you hate goolds, everybody hates go-ah-ulds.
                Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

I love Kinsey's pronunciation, I think he screws it up on purpose -- "Goo-a-old."

Everybody loves words with three vowels in a row and an apostraphe!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    Go-ah-oold suits me fine !
                    Me, too. Pronouncing it like that is the only way to remember how to spell it!

Comment

Where the hell did my reply here go.

I pronounce it the correct way. Goa'uld.

Comment

I'm with you aAnubisa. I pronounce it Goa'uld too
                        efficiency is nothing more than intelligent laziness

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          If this reply is in answer to mine...you know Thor and the other Asgard have been dealing with the System Lords/Goa'uld for a long time. Heck they probably sit around and talk trash about them all the time....off camera.
                          Actually, I suppose I should have been more precise. What I should have wrote was that, surprisingly enough is doesn't come up in MY daily conversations. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I say it like Teal'c does. He used to work for one, he should know....
                            This post brought to you by Snackey-Smores.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                              Actually, I suppose I should have been more precise. What I should have wrote was that, surprisingly enough is doesn't come up in MY daily conversations. Sorry for the confusion.
                              Think nothing of it. Confusion just comes with the territory...sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X