This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bsg online series : The Resistance

I've been away from here for a while - went to Europe for the summer.

Kindly to anyone out there, is there anyone out there with information about this series. ie when it is launching, or has it been cancelled.

Thanks all
    am i seen the same in every translation
    ...::.theqarth.::...
    www.thegarthshow.com

It's supposed to air when BSG resumes. That being said, there is a dispute from the various unions about "original content" webisodes...so "The Resistance" may be on hold until everything is resolved.

Other webisodes I've seen from other shows appear to be cut scenes or outtakes from current episodes. Don't think those are in contention since everybody has been paid the going rates.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

They will start on Sci Fi at the same time the series does - they are close to working out a deal regarding content.

BUT

They will be region-only shorts, meaning only US customers can see them. Which in typical fashion, p!&&3$ off the rest of us.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

That's why there is YouTube, don't worry you will be able to get them.

Comment

US only? They're going to be on Scifi.com so as long as you know English and have the Internet you should be able to get The Resistance episodes anywhere in the world.

Comment

Eureka has original content webisodes. Or rather, the fives "eps" aired so far are all part of the same story, which hasn't appeared on SCIFI.

So BSG is gonna be doing the same thing? Interesting. I'll be curious to see how they handle that.

Comment

I was under the impression that the webisodes would air during the break between the seasons, but now I'm hearing they will be aired at the same time the new TV series airs? Shame, I wanted something to keep me going...

Comment

I saw on one website that the first webisode will be online September 6th

Comment

So does this mean we won't ge the webisodes (I'm in Canada)? I tried to see the Eureka ones, but the player wouldn't let me see any except the newest one for some reason. I could no longer access the complete first ep of that show or Scar. Just one more reason to be pissed at sci-fi.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                    So does this mean we won't ge the webisodes (I'm in Canada)? I tried to see the Eureka ones, but the player wouldn't let me see any except the newest one for some reason. I could no longer access the complete first ep of that show or Scar. Just one more reason to be pissed at sci-fi.....
                    One word... proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtvr4
                      proxy.
                      Help me out, I've got no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        Help me out, I've got no idea what you're talking about.
                        OK a proxy is a way of accessing data via a third party.

Lets just say (for example) my Cousin has his computer in the USA, with special "proxy" software to allow me to download sites, but via his computer.

* My computer accesses the proxy and requests http://www.scifi.com./eureka/video/webisodes/
                        * His computer downloads it
                        * His computer sends it to mine
                        * I watch

So what you want to do is find a proxy that is available for you to use, configure it in Internet Explorer/Firefox/whatever and it would look like (to the server) that you are in the USA and no problem sending you the data.

I'm not sure how the moderators would feel about me giving any further detail about how to get around Sci-Fi's regional marketing based lock-outs.

P.S they suck anyway, you aren't missing anything.

Comment

That sounds way too complicated, I think I'll wait and see if they show up on youtube.....

Comment

Webisodes? What a joke, not everyone has broadband. Is there going to be anything important in these? If to many people support this method, BSG will be internet only, downloadable to your HDD and no option to buy them on DVD. No thanks, I will not download any show, legal or not.
                            z

Comment

Oh brother.

It's a promotion thing, that's it, stop freaking out. It's just a way to give a little backstory to the few months we are missing. BSG will never be "internet only", the episodes will air on Sci-fi unto Sci-fi cancels the show. And you aren't even downloading these things you are just viewing them. So once again calm down.

Comment

Working...
                              X