This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica-new season comic book series

OK, while you all are waiting for the next series to start up you can keep yourself in the vein of the suspense with READING!!

You know the Zasthrasism: TO KNOW IS TO READ, TO READ IS TO KNOW??

Well get in on this interesting storyline that the first issue #0 has initiated. Successive issues are in the works and will be available from the publisher, DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT, as well as from those comic shops that stock this series. Here is a link to the publisher and it lists and does sell the available issues of which only #0 is currently available (dratts!).
    http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...Galactica.html
    Last edited by terrestrial_man; 26 August 2006, 03:42 AM.

Originally posted by terrestrial_man
    OK, while you all are waiting for the next series to start up you can keep yourself in the vein of the suspense with READING!!

You know the Zarthrasism: TO KNOW IS TO READ, TO READ IS TO KNOW??

Well get in on this interesting storyline that the first issue #0 has initiated. Successive issues are in the works and will be available from the publisher, DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT, as well as from those comic shops that stock this series. Here is a link to the publisher and it lists and does sell the available issues of which only #0 is currently available (dratts!).
    http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...Galactica.html

I actually read Issue 0. Pretty Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by hU$h3rN7242c
      I actually read Issue 0. Pretty Cool.
      AGREED! That's why I am getting itchy about the next issue. If it takes too long I will have to reread 0!!!!

Comment

Issue #1 Preview...

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
          Issue #1 Preview...

does anyone know when is issue #1 out? I´m disoriented with so many previews.

Comment

August 30th

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

August 30th
              YO DUDE! THANKS THANKS THANKS! JUST 4 DAYS TO GO!

And thanks for linking each page to a readable enlargement too!!!

Comment

August 30th
                cool! thanks for the info!

Comment

I think the comic looks stupid. The art looks nothing like the actors, and even worse, the whole story is far too out there to fit with the reimagined series. It belongs in the world of the original BSG or Star Trek or something....

Comment

Originally posted by K07
                    I think the comic looks stupid. The art looks nothing like the actors, and even worse, the whole story is far too out there to fit with the reimagined series. It belongs in the world of the original BSG or Star Trek or something....
                    I disagree. It is a comic not the actual series and because it is a comic it is not only an alternative storyline but also a work of art that allows for figurative representation of the characters. What interests me is how the writers and artisits involved recreate the characters while offerring some similiarity to the new series. Will they be able to represent the FEEL of Starbuck, of Lee, of the Cylons, of Gaius??? This, I think, is the crux of this creative process. And from what I have seen I think they are on the right track and will produce an enjoyable read!
                    Last edited by terrestrial_man; 02 September 2006, 01:43 AM.

Comment

If they're basing it off a work not of their own, they should stay true to that source. That sounds funny seeing RDM's BSG compared to the original series. But in his defense, his was not a continuation but a reimagining.... That story they've devised doesn't sound terrible if it were based on something other than a show trying so hard to break free of the typical sci fi stories out there.

Comment

REMINDER:

Check with your local comic book store today as the next issue (#1) of the BSG comic book should be on the racks, if the store is even carrying it!!

Cheers.

Comment

Cannot believe it but went by the local comic shop and
                          BSG was all sold out and only was racked up on the same day as the sale out!!! From checking on the net there are 4 distinctive covers with the cover by Michael Turner of Number 6 as being the hottest cover and outsaling the other three covers.

Dynamite Entertainment only has the non-Turner covers available!

Comment

personally I like the BSG comic. It feels like I'am watching the show and so far I could see this being an episode. The art isn't great, but it captures the essence of the show. Does anybody know if the comic is considered cannon? I'm figuring no ala Star Trek's many novels and comics, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                              personally I like the BSG comic. It feels like I'am watching the show and so far I could see this being an episode. The art isn't great, but it captures the essence of the show. Does anybody know if the comic is considered cannon? I'm figuring no ala Star Trek's many novels and comics, but you never know.
                              It depends on what you call "cannon" but I would say that it is a definite part of the BSG storyline. I base this presumption upon its licensing and that the characters are based upon the new BSG universe characters.

While the stories will probably be independent of the TV series it would be interesting if (another, a) tie-in* to a TV episode would occur somewhere in the context of the comic storyline! That would be

For an even deeper look at the comic series here is a link to Greg Pak's BSG page!

http://www.pakbuzz.com/battlestar_galactica/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The story begins with a sort of tie-in to a major thread running through Season 1.
                              Last edited by terrestrial_man; 02 September 2006, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X