This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Rating Theory!!!

The Episodes have been fantastic this season!!!

Loved Sadata!!!!

I just want to let everyone know my theory, its summer when the show aired and everyone was probably on vacation. With school starting, people are getting back into their routine. The ratings will continue to get higher maybe score the highest ever!!!

With the special effects, might just happen!!!

We are all sadden with the SG-1's cancellation but lets keep Atlantis alive and watch the show!!!

Thanks for letting me talk!!!

Well...theory or not, I'm hoping the viewers who tuned in to The Real World (1.8) tune in next week. Which I can see happening...hopefully.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I seriously think that Nielsen just changed their pool of survey families this year. We get the ratings from houses that have Nielsen boxes, do we not? If the Nielsen group stops surveying a "Stargate" household and starts surveying a "Monk" household, it doesn't mean that we've lost viewers, it just means that we've lost count.
      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
      Spoiler:
      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Sadly, I believe the ratings boost was only due to RDA being in both shows more than anything else.

And no, I'm not one of those "bring RDA back" fans. I used to be a fan of RDA and Jack, but I lost my interest in the actor/character whe I stopped watching SG-1. I didn't watch 200, and I did watch "A real World". Not because RDA was there. I watched it because I love SGA.

But RDA has a lot of fans, so the ratings boost might be just because he was in these episodes.

Comment

I think the only reason TRW got 1.8 was because SG-1 got 1.9 and so many people watched that ep and didn't bother changing the channel.

Remember who the guest start was on SGA?

It feed into the whole Stargate experience as it had RDA in it as well. People are kidding themselves if they don't take that into account when looking at this boost.

Comment

I agree with those who say the ratings boost was helped a heck of a lot by RDA and 200. However, Progeny rose in ratings, and now TRW has. I hope to see Common Ground somewhere between the two, since I doubt that it will break TRW's ratings. (not that I'd mind if I were wrong )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              I think the only reason TRW got 1.8 was because SG-1 got 1.9 and so many people watched that ep and didn't bother changing the channel.
              I would agree somewhat but I also think its sort of narrow-minded to not think Atlantis is gaining back its viewers for various other reasons. Theres been a slow but steady climb up since Sateda.
              sigpic

Comment

we;ll have to admit sg-1 helps SGA I doubt i would tune in for one or the other and would pvr etc. I used to watch EVERY time when all 3 shows playe din a row.. i think that hurd it.

I'm sure RDA helped boost it. thats for sure..

Comment

If we the fans can keep watch both SG1 and Atlantis every week then the rating should get better. But my thoughts are that the Ori are not what fans like and the Wraith and the Asurans are. Add in the fact the RDA left, and its talking a while for the fan that stayed to start liking the Ori.
                  May the force be with you

Comment

I can see both shows continue to rise in the ratings.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

considering real world sucked i'll believe your theory
                      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                        Really? I loved Real world! Oh well I guess we will agree to disagree.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                          I can see both shows continue to rise in the ratings.
                          Not this Friday. Both Monk and Psych finales will make both Stargates get lower ratings this Friday. Hope I'm wrong

In your humble opinion

in my humble opinion, it was very good. I give it a 9 out of 10.

Comment

*hates it when people state their opinion like its fact*

Originally posted by lily
                            Not this Friday. Both Monk and Psych finales will make both Stargates get lower ratings this Friday. Hope I'm wrong
                            Common Grounds a very anticipated episode, you could be wrong. I hope your wrong.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent

Common Grounds a very anticipated episode, you could be wrong. I hope your wrong.
                              Oh, yes. I can hardly wait for Common Ground. I love all the characters in SGA, but Shep is my top fave

And yes, I hope I'm wrong and people don't prefer Psych's finale over SGA's Common Ground

Comment

Working...
                              X