This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500
    I'd sign but I couldn't access the link or find a Save Stargate SG1 S11 petition??
    yer I couldn't find it either, might aswell just bombard sci-fi channel with angry emails lol.

Comment

sorry have fixed link

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
        yer I couldn't find it either, might aswell just bombard sci-fi channel with angry emails lol.
        The link has just changed - you might want to try it again.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

And just a comment....WOW!

I have to say of Sci-Fi have cancelled right after the airing of 200...how incredibly crass of them. They could have waited another week or so! Happy to hear MGM may be trying to find another partner.
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22
          I'm completely stunned...Considering they'd already signed contracts for and thought creativtely about season 11 I really am shocked.

But surely MGM isn't going to let this go without a fight? Yes, they still have Atlantis and admittedly that has been doing better than SG-1, but Stargate is MGM's 2nd biggest franchise and generates huge amount of money for them. Could they take it elsewhere?
          Season 5 for Farscape was okayed too and still it was cancelled. Nothing is written in stone. I figured it was hanging around to get the 200th status and then go out the door. Typical Sci Fi.

Sybil

Comment

This is very bad news. I can truly say I have seen every single episode from Series 1 to 9. Being in England I haven't seen Series 10 yet but I am waiting in eager anticipation. It has gone from strength to strength becoming better as time went and it was truly mind blowing at the end of series 9. What I've read about series 10 it is equally mind blowing and I don't understand why it is being cancelled.
            There is a suggestion that a third series should be made. I reckon a good idea would be to do what they did with Star Trek. There should be a Stargate: The Next Generation and it should be set 50 or so years in the future.

Comment

Wow. I'm impressed. It's one of those things that I thought was inevitable, but at the same time I didn't actually think Sci-Fi would actually do it.

I'm excited to see how Atlantis does on its own. I know it's hard to say now, but I think it'll do better as a stand-alone, and at least now TPTB can give all their attention to one show.
              Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
              Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

Not surprised at Sci-fi's decision, they wanted the esteem of having a show with 200 episodes on their network and that's all they wanted.

If MGM and Bridge Studios decided it was econmically viable, they could continue SG-1 in first run syndication, much like ST.TNG was done. From the article, it made it sound like that's what TPTB were looking for.
                I'd say write Showtime too, get them to take SG-1 back!

Comment

Watch the rating the next few weeks go through the roof... hah! That'll show SciFi who's boss....

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    I think the cancellation was a foregone conclusion...no coincidence this has come out so soon after 200...Sci Fi wanted it to get to 200 and not much further

But...there should be an SG1 movie!
                    I agree. I don't think Sci-Fi ever intended on renewing SG-1 for an 11th season. The sole purpose of this entire season was to get SG-1 the title. It's as simple as that. The boys at Bridge wanted to rename the new series Stargate Command and start fresh, but Sci-fi wouldn't agree to it. So now they have their title and SG-1 gets the boot. Whatever. Hopefully MGM will give them a movie deal so SG-1 doesn't have to deal with Sci-Fi anymore. Now I have no reason for watching the channel at all.

Comment

I think we know why we're here. This thread is gonna be for any suggestions of how to go about doing things. If you have a petition, post it here, if you have any email addresses or actual addresses to Sci fi, post them here, if you have another method to send them a message, post it here.

And remember guys, physically sending a letter is almost always better than an internet petition, since there are so many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I know Gateworld has reported the news and gotten it confirmed and all, but I'm still a bit... stunned. Wow.

And Atlantis survives? Also interesting. Wonder how this will affect things...
                        I'm not surprised in the least. I've been saying that Scifi was going to drop SG-1 after getting S10 since S9 was announced. Scifi had no further interest in the show, they just wanted the record. I kinda feel sorry for Ben Browder and Claudia Black for getting brought onto the show with all these ideas of "several seasons left in the show" and such, only to lose the job shortly after getting it. I suppose they enjoyed having the work, though.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I intend to send sci-fi a very angry email but can't find an address on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                            I'm not surprised in the least. I've been saying that Scifi was going to drop SG-1 after getting S10 since S9 was announced.
                            Y'know, on the one hand I agree- heck, I've been prognosticating the show's demise for a while- but on the other, I'm still amazed that it actually happened.

I just hope Atlantis won't suffer as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              I just hope Atlantis won't suffer as a result.
                              I don't think its possible for it not to suffer. I already see people in this thread saying they're going to give up on SciFi becuse SG-1 isn't on there anymore.

Comment

We need to do what they did with Star Trek back in the seventies and force them to renew it atleast in a movie! DEATH TO SCI-FI!

Comment

Working...
                                X