X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did this happen? SG1 Cancellation??

Originally posted by MOD INSERT
    Please post your thoughts, your SHOCK and your theories here

There's so many, I'll just add my own. Sure it adds to the problem, but at least I won't have to worry about going of the topic of the thread.

I blame the Ori, sorry, they never worked as villains for me. ANYone else would have: Jaffa, a single Gou'ald, some Wraith from Atlantis. Don't get me wrong, I hope the show gets saved or comes back as a movie.

Hopefully they'll finish the season without a cliffhanger. There's plenty of history that a movie could draw from. I think Ba'al would be a perfect movie villain.

I think Michael Shanks should move over to Atlantis, and hopefully they won't feel the need to move the Ori over.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 21 August 2006, 07:35 PM.

Indeed.

I don't think that the wraith could have worked in SG-1, perhaps the Asurans?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

My thoughts are im really depressed!!

But as to what the cause was, its uncertain, the Ori in my opinion wern't that bad, but havn't been developed all that quickly. I really like Ben and Claudia, but they havn't had the time to be developed yet, so you can't say its their fault!

I have to say i was highly nostalgic seeing RDA in 200, and i totally didn't realise how much i missed him, but he has other responsibilities! You can't blame him!

Im really not sure what accounts for such a huge drop, i would love to know whats caused such a huge drop. just my 2 cents!
      Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

One thing I wanted to add, I kind of forgot about. I hope they use the closing of Cheyenne Mountain and shutdown the base. They can move it to Area 51, but it would be symbolic. Atlantis or any movies could not occur at the original Stargate Command.

Comment

I dont think Shanks should move to Atlantis at all. There is no need for him there. I'm all for occassional guest appearances by Amanda and Shanks, but definitely not as a regular, or even recurring.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB

Hopefully they'll finish the season without a cliffhanger. There's plenty of history that a movie could draw from. I think Ba'al would be a perfect movie villain.
            I also hope that we don't get a cliffhanger.
            "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
            The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
            Rose: "Your face!"
            The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
            The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

I hope that the last episode for s10 involves the closing of cheyenne mountain and the construction of a purpose built sgc.

Comment

They have have a cliffhanger...IF...and only if they are certain that they will get a movie and if they are certain everyone will return for the movie.

Comment

Me when I heard the news...

"It's Christmas already?!"

Then I just went...

YES!!!!

The show should have ended after season 6, then it should have after season 7, and then season 8. Seasons 9 and 10 are horible as a whole, the Ori are useless.

Comment

I hope that the last episode for s10 involves the closing of cheyenne mountain and the construction of a purpose built sgc.
                    I love that idea, and it's weird timing that they could do that.

I am not surprised really as SG1 has been a disappointment as of late, and the 200th episode was just another nail in the coffin. I won't blame the show itself, as I have heard how Scifi were planning a 6 month midseason break, they were badly promoting it and they screwed up by removing BSG from being showed at the same time, but the show itself just seemed to be going down a slight steed hill.

I never liked Vala, who seems like a character i'd love to die for good before the end, I never understood what Mitchell did to earn his spot to get any position he wanted (he may have led the fighters but he didn't last long) and although I have liked the episodes, it just shows how fall the show has fallen when half the writers wrote the 200th episode and it was a dumb episode and the worst milestone episode i've seen since Power Rangers had a clip show for their 500th.

It is possible they could save the show with higher ratings, but I would suggest removing the Farscape elements and work on going back to a more classic SG1.

sigpic

Comment

I think God will strike a lightning right thru the Scifi Channels building on the last episode hahaha wouldtn that be funny.. and then millions of Hataks show up and so do the Orii ships and then... we learn scifi doomed the world when they got rid of SG1...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I have something quite awfull to admit - im an avid stargate fan, but i never watched S6 - when Jona's took over from Daniel - out of spite - because i thought it would never be the same.

I recently watched S6 on DVD for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was a really great season - and Jonas in all fairness was really good. I wonder if people felt the same when RDA left - did they leave because he wasn't there?? Did they think oh it wont be the same and escape in droves?

Because they missed out on 2 really great seasons!!

And its the only thing i can think of why the ratings dropped so significantly?
                        Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Well at least this place will be kept busy during the 6 month break

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                            I think God will strike a lightning right thru the Scifi Channels building on the last episode
                            And then a great plague can befall all of them

Comment

I just signed up to write my views on what i just read on the main page and was gob smacked... To me i do not believe that it will be cancelled because the storyline is there making the show unfold and carry on. Just adding the Ori storyline and making the tenth season the last one is a joke because 22 episodes is not enough on the Ori arc.

We shall all see but is there a petition on to save the show? Lets hope this doesn't end like Enterprise (that series was actually getting better)
                              I AM BETTER THAN YOU

Comment

Working...
                              X