This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Grace under pressure" theory

when I fisrt saw this episode, and reinforeced when I saw it again ..I was struck with the notionce that MAYBE the Sam Carter Hallucination...was NOT Rodney's Imagination ans suyrvival instinct kicking in...but INFACT a psychic manifastaion cause by that larg whale like critter that was hanging around McKay's Jumper untill he was rescued???

think about it ...she did not really appear untill after he said something along the lines of " what help are you ) or somthing ( I watched last about a month ago :-p) .... if you pay attention to it ..that whale DID not leave untill it he was rescued, it was the resaon why he was found in the end, and the Carter Hallucination, dissapeared WHEN THE WHALE LEFT

So if I am wrong , and that was not what the writers intended, I think they should look at the idea for a futer possible episode... think about it...it might be interesting to see... The4 atlantise expidition discovers that there is INDEED intelligant INDIGINOUS LIFE :-)

comments????

-Walter

PS- please dont harp on my spelling or grammer...I know I suck at it, and when people do that it just pisses me off
    Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
    Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Originally posted by LunchBoxWpg
    when I fisrt saw this episode, and reinforeced when I saw it again ..I was struck with the notionce that MAYBE the Sam Carter Hallucination...was NOT Rodney's Imagination ans suyrvival instinct kicking in...but INFACT a psychic manifastaion cause by that larg whale like critter that was hanging around McKay's Jumper untill he was rescued???

think about it ...she did not really appear untill after he said something along the lines of " what help are you ) or somthing ( I watched last about a month ago :-p) .... if you pay attention to it ..that whale DID not leave untill it he was rescued, it was the resaon why he was found in the end, and the Carter Hallucination, dissapeared WHEN THE WHALE LEFT

So if I am wrong , and that was not what the writers intended, I think they should look at the idea for a futer possible episode... think about it...it might be interesting to see... The4 atlantise expidition discovers that there is INDEED intelligant INDIGINOUS LIFE :-)

comments????

-Walter

PS- please dont harp on my spelling or grammer...I know I suck at it, and when people do that it just pisses me off
    its a possabilty and it would be a cool twist. Whales are intellegent creatures and these are alien whales.
    Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

I've seen this idea put forward before, and it does tie in nicely with the original "Grace" episode, but on the episode commentary, the writer (Martin Gero) says that the whale was something he just added in to the episode to fill in a bit of time, and somebody else (Robert Cooper, I think??) came up with the idea that the whale should stick around to help Shep and Beckett find where the jumper was, so no, I don't think the hallucination was supposed to be caused by the whale. But they could always decide to make it that it was!
      Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Carter appears after Mckay has the idea to make the jumper swim to the survice. That is a bad idea, that would get him killed so she's there to stop him
        I think you are looking to hard. I mean this ep is already a rip off of Grace, it doesnt need to be anymore similar to it LOL Dont get me wrong I love this ep. Which, when it comes to me and SGA, is very rare!

Comment

Yeah well

Later in season three, we find out more about the whale creatures on the atlantis planet so we'll see.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
          X