Official Godzilla Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG-17
    Final Wars is the last, for atleast 13 years, they are taking a long break because of the lack of fandom, there arent enough godzilla fans for new movies to be made, but i think if they made a godzilla movie (a japanese one) with the monsters and special effect created with advanced cgi, they could get more fans

NO!!!

It needs to be a guy in a suit otherwise it's not Godzilla!

Plus I have seen one Godzilla that used a nice blend of bad CGI and Godzilla suit.

And after every Godzilla movie of the last 10-15 years they say it's the last and then a year later they make a new one.

Comment

Oh, so cool. I grew up on Godzilla and all those movies.

Okay, I am not that old, we had a TVstation when I was growing up that dedicated some time every weekend to show Sci-fi classics.

This is so cool.........
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
        NO!!!

It needs to be a guy in a suit otherwise it's not Godzilla!

Plus I have seen one Godzilla that used a nice blend of bad CGI and Godzilla suit.

And after every Godzilla movie of the last 10-15 years they say it's the last and then a year later they make a new one.
        i mostly agree with you, but times are changing, and the new generations wont even glance at a film with a guy in a dinosaur suit, i love the originals, but i wouldnot mide if Toho made a cgi godzilla movie with godzilla retaning his current appearance, not like that stupid one made by Dean Devilen

Comment

Id rather a man in a suite than CGI - 19year old saying that
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

i agree with you, but if it will ad more people to the fandom, then i say go for it

Comment

I prefer a man in a suit to cgi too (that's also how I like my TMNT movies ) but as long as it's not ALL special effects, I guess it would be alright. We still need a little hokey-ness though!
              What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
              I made a big decision a little while ago.
              I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
              That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
              Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
              Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
              Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
              Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
              And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

I'm a pretty big fan of Godzilla. It was an interesting commentary about the effects of nuclear weapons and warfare. The subsequent films were a bit cheesy, but entertaining nonetheless. I think the original version (without Burr edited in) is coming out on DVD in the U.S. soon. I'm quite psyched about that. I want to say it's coming out on September fifth.

I agree that it must be an actor in a rubber suit or it is simply not Godzilla. Even if they used CGI to recreate the suit appearance, it wouldn't be the same.

As for the version with Matthew Broderick, I went and saw it as a new film entirely. I didn't think of it as a Godzilla entry. Even at that, I wouldn't wipe dog crap off the bottom of my shoe with it. Terrible film.

Comment

I just saw it and this guy pretty much sums it up

But I wouldn't be as KIND.

All I can say is this...

G.O.S

Godzilla of Steel.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X