X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counterstrike pre-air discussion/speculation thread spoilers

It is the Dakara Superweapon. HAHA

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/1007.shtml

Meanwhile, Bra'tac and General Landry travel to the Free Jaffa homeworld of Dakara. There they confront Se'tak, a Jaffa military leader, about his questionable tactics in the war against the followers of the Ori. But Se'tak stands by his decision to use a powerful Ancient device against their enemy, even though its use violates the Jaffa's agreement with Earth -- and will result in the deaths of millions of innocents.
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Originally posted by GreyFox
    It is the Dakara Superweapon. HAHA

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/1007.shtml

Meanwhile, Bra'tac and General Landry travel to the Free Jaffa homeworld of Dakara. There they confront Se'tak, a Jaffa military leader, about his questionable tactics in the war against the followers of the Ori. But Se'tak stands by his decision to use a powerful Ancient device against their enemy, even though its use violates the Jaffa's agreement with Earth -- and will result in the deaths of millions of innocents.
    It says nothing about the superweapon at dakara. That was supposed to be destroyed too.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

If it does turn out to be the Dakara weapon used in "Reckoning, Part 2", I wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be the first time allies have lied to one another. Just because they were supposed to, doesn't mean they really did.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        If it does turn out to be the Dakara weapon used in "Reckoning, Part 2", I wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be the first time allies have lied to one another. Just because they were supposed to, doesn't mean they really did.
        Maybe, but we had brey'tak and tealc's word that the weapon would be destroyed and didn't the JHC, come to an agreement that it would be destroyed?

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          Maybe, but we had brey'tak and tealc's word that the weapon would be destroyed and didn't the JHC, come to an agreement that it would be destroyed?
          For the most part, the words of the JHC may be cheap. Teal'c and Bra'tac can always be trusted, but not the motives of others.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

what ya can't read again? dakara and violate a treaty with earth. it's posed to be a no brainer.

tea'c and bra'tac are only 2 people when the JHC alon out numbers them, by a lot. plus they can't control all the jaffa. earth has lied to people. why not them?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
              what ya can't read again? dakara and violate a treaty with earth. it's posed to be a no brainer.

tea'c and bra'tac are only 2 people when the JHC alon out numbers them, by a lot. plus they can't control all the jaffa. earth has lied to people. why not them?
              We're not saying it isn't, in all probability it will be, but they haven't told us.

The Weapon is IN Dakara, and it's of ancient design. That's all we know.

Comment

If it's the weapon on Dakara, you're forgetting the Jaffa would have no idea how to configure it to target only humans (like Sam/Jacob targeted it at the replicators), UNLESS Ba'al did it. I haven't heard any mention of Ba'al in the episode, so I would imagine that it is not the weapon from Reckoning pt 2.

Comment

If it IS the Dakara superweapon, I'd be happy. It's a reminder that the Ancients weren't completely worthless.

Anyway, the Jaffa have had a somewhat reasonable amount of time to tinker with it. Maybe they have it functional, but relatively limited in application?

Want to see some shameless advertising? I think you do.
                  MySpace
                  My fiction portfolio-type thing.

Comment

If it is, the Ori need to destroy it, because the Jaffa would use it to wipe out every human in the galaxy.

Comment

not just human. everything if not careful

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                        We're not saying it isn't, in all probability it will be, but they haven't told us.

The Weapon is IN Dakara, and it's of ancient design. That's all we know.
                        The superweapon used to defeat the replicators may not be the only weapon because the ancients did actually inhabit the planet for some time.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
                          If it's the weapon on Dakara, you're forgetting the Jaffa would have no idea how to configure it to target only humans (like Sam/Jacob targeted it at the replicators), UNLESS Ba'al did it. I haven't heard any mention of Ba'al in the episode, so I would imagine that it is not the weapon from Reckoning pt 2.
                          Why wouldnt they know how to do it? Yea it might take them some time - but im pretty sure they can manage it!
                          Dont forget these people were creating things for the Snakes for a LONG time.
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

From what I have read it does sound like the Dakara weapon. It says that an energy way came from the stargate wiping out the people just like the weapon was described in the reckoing part 2

Comment

Originally posted by nerus
                              From what I have read it does sound like the Dakara weapon. It says that an energy way came from the stargate wiping out the people just like the weapon was described in the reckoing part 2
                              I don't remember reading that. Where did you read this?

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X