Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling in love with the Goa'uld all over again!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling in love with the Goa'uld all over again!!

After seeing 200, - the invisible Jack scene invading the Gao'uld mothership, i never realised how much i missed the Gao'uld in SG-1, the architecture, the Jaffa uniforms, those mothership shootout corridor scenes, the staff weapons, etc.

Don't get me wrong i love SG-1 and the Ori are a great bad guy, but i miss the Gao'uld!! I wanna see death gliders again!!

Did the writers decide they couldn't go any further/develop the Gao'uld?? Could the Gao'uld not allie with us? (probably still annoyed we destroyed their slaves worship stuff).

Im not saying they should be the main focus again but does anyone still miss them?? Anyone get the same feeling i did with the mothership scene in 200??

Or maybe just some glowy eyes in atlantis - weve had one already!!
    Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Goa'uld
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Apologies!! Any idea how to correct my thread title?

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
        ask the mods.

and yeah, i agree. they had so much individuality to them (the Goa'uld, not the mods. the mods have no personality whatsoever) and each one had it's own personality and the politics, especially with the tok'ra and jaffa were wonderful. a true universe, i haven't gotten that feeling with the ori yet.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

You have to ask the mods for this. There's a special thread Ask the Mods for such requests.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Yeah, that's why I loved 'Stronghold' so much - because of the good old fashoined shoot out when SG-1 fought the jaffa all over again. lol
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

So does anyone know why they were ditched?? Did they feel they just had to move on?

Comment

So does anyone know why they were ditched?? Did they feel they just had to move on?
                Well, 'Lost City' was supposed to be the end I think. But then the series got renewed for another season, so the writers gave us more Goa'uld. But then RDA left, and so Mitchell, Landry and Vala came and as the writers said, it's a new beginning.
                New Goodies, New Baddies, Same Walter.

lol
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

lol!! same walter - !!

Still - it would be fantastic to revisit some Goa'uld motherships!! Maybe see a sarcophageous again! It was the good old Goa'uld that started it all, shame to just forget about them !!

Comment

It should have ended at the end of season 8, they had defeated the gould in Rekoning and the jaffa became free. Then they went fishing, anything after that would just seem pointless.... They were thinking about starting season 9 as a new show called 'Stargate Command' so were are on season 2 now. I think its in a few of the season 9 previews where they talk about it. I remember Shanks saying that the tagline was going to be "Welcome to Stargate Command" but they just thought they could keep more viewers if they kept it SG1.
                    Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Taking your point about the Jaffa being free stewsith, just because the Jaffa are now free are all the system lords no longer a threat?

- i mean we still have the trust operated by the Goa'uld - theyre must be some remaining danger from some of the old system lords?? Or were most of them killed in the Jaffa uprising??

And just to rub salt in - any chance theyres any Goa'uld with Jaffa in Pegasus?? That have been out of contact?? Maybe hypered in a few hundred years ago by mistake.

Sorry - just wanna see them Goa'uld system lords so much after 200!

Comment

i miss the Gao'uld too but sadly TPTb pretty much killed all the ones we liked
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Taking your point about the Jaffa being free stewsith, just because the Jaffa are now free are all the system lords no longer a threat?
                          One word: Insiders.

- i mean we still have the trust operated by the Goa'uld - theyre must be some remaining danger from some of the old system lords?? Or were most of them killed in the Jaffa uprising??
                          The only Goa'uld left who could possibly claim the title of System Lord is Ba'al. Or Ba'al.

And just to rub salt in - any chance theyres any Goa'uld with Jaffa in Pegasus?? That have been out of contact?? Maybe hypered in a few hundred years ago by mistake.
                          No.

Sorry - just wanna see them Goa'uld system lords so much after 200!
                          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                          -Audioslave

Comment

Sure actually i guess insiders did remind us the Goa'uld were still a menace!! Still of been damn nice to see a Goa'uld mothership bombard cheyenne or a staff weapon!!!! or a sarcophegus!

Comment

Sure there are still a few Gould out there but the Jaffa will never bow down before a Gould again. The jaffa are a powerful force now.
                              Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Working...
                              X