This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 - Who was the party for?

Near the closing of the episode, there was a dialogue between Landry and Walter whispering something about a cake, balloons, streamers, etc.

At first I was assuming it was for O'Neill, however, he called onto Martin and flashed quotes with a gesture. If this was a party for O'Neill, he knew something was up. Besides, O'Neill hates surprises.

Then I thought again, Mitchell said to the group 'lets see what mysteries lies in <insert planet code designation here>

Landry wasn't geared up to go offworld, but had it been O'Neill/Hammond back in the day, O'Neill would've insisted Hammond gearing up prior to going offworld.

So... Who was the party for?

On another note, 10 years down the line and Martin still had the same ringtone. Does this mean Brad Wright and/or Robert Cooper uses the same phone with same ringers for the past 10 years? Overanalysis perhaps, but still a question to throw back at the production staff to perhaps answer.

Was for Colonel Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
      So where was the party anyway??? I got the impression that the party was on the otherside of the wormhole, but they never showed any party??? I don't get it, what was it all about?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
        So where was the party anyway??? I got the impression that the party was on the otherside of the wormhole, but they never showed any party??? I don't get it, what was it all about?
        The party was for Mitchell on the otherside of the wormhole. Then it switched to the Wormhole Xtreme show to end it like they did the 100th. Expertly done IMO.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
          Why would there have been a party for Mitchell?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Why would there have been a party for Mitchell?
            His 200th trip through the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              His 200th trip through the gate.
              They gathered all the SG teams and sent them offworld with a cake to celebrate the 200th time that Mitchell walked through an event horizon? A random factoid that no one but Mitchell had anyway of knowing or caring about?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

They gathered all the SG teams and sent them offworld with a cake to celebrate the 200th time that Mitchell walked through an event horizon? A random factoid that no one but Mitchell had anyway but knowing or caring about?

That makes no sense whatsoever.
                Ok so mabey if was for Jack.

Comment

Ok so mabey if was for Jack.
                  That makes a little more sense...but I still wonder what the occasion was.

Comment

That makes a little more sense...but I still wonder what the occasion was.
                    Probably his coming back to go on a mission. That was probably why, you know they could have used mitchell as an ascuse to get him to come back and celebrate his hard work.

Comment

The party was for Mitchell on the otherside of the wormhole. Then it switched to the Wormhole Xtreme show to end it like they did the 100th. Expertly done IMO.
                      But why didn't they actually show them coming through the gate to find a party? The only thing that hinted something was going on was when the guys whispered right at the end about cake or something... That still doesn't explain that there was a party on the other end... Did I miss a particular scene or something? I was left wondering what was going on, but everyone else seems to have already realised there was a party on the other side of the wormhole? Just two people whispering before they go through is enough to give you guys this impression? Why didn't they actually show them coming out from the other side to confirm it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well did anyone notice how they never explained how they resolved the issue with the Stargate? Maybe it was all a ruse from the beginning to get the party set up, after all how did Walter know the party was ready? Also, I have a feeling that Mitchell would have been going about his 200th trip through the gate before the episode, he's that sort of guy.

Charlie

Comment

might have been the producers playing with us, I mean the entire episode was full of scenes that was someone's imagination, very well done I must add. Wouldn't be surprised if this was another imagination, I mean come on.. an offworld party, sounds like an amateur plot (at least a non-writers plot)

Comment

Yeah it was for mitchells 200th trip through the gate. But as it was part of 200 it promably never happened what with landry and walter just going through the gate too.
                            Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

The cake comment pretty much confirmed for me it was a party for Jack. Or a SG-1 reunion party.

Comment

Working...
                              X