This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200th worst episode ever!

I have just watched the 200th episode, i think it is the worst one EVER! I ts asbolutly CRAP and i see no relevance of how this episode benefits the season! I all so had a look and the poll(reviews) for the episode, I have to qeustion the results so far? I cant and will not beliefe that 2853 voters thought that it is outstanding! This make me think that the results riged.
    I am a Stargate diehard fan but I am not impressed with this episode

What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by Garethhall
    I have just watched the 200th episode, i think it is the worst one EVER! I ts asbolutly CRAP and i see no relevance of how this episode benefits the season! I all so had a look and the poll(reviews) for the episode, I have to qeustion the results so far? I cant and will not beliefe that 2853 voters thought that it is outstanding! This make me think that the results riged.
    I am a Stargate diehard fan but I am not impressed with this episode

What are your thoughts?
    Actually that 2000 or so is only 56% of the people. From the actual reveiws on the ep thread and from previous polls where more mixed reaction had a higher ranking I would have expected it to be more like 70-80%. This is one of the first times I dont think the poll is rigged. (And Darren did say something about correcting the multiple votes thing)

I would think this would be a love it or hate it ep. Long time fans that spend a lot of times on the board will likely get all the jokes and if they dont feel like they were being laughed at, probably would like it. On the other hand if you like serious scifi or actual continuity in your scifi show then you are probably going to hate an ep like this.

I can see 56% of the people who come to gateworld liking this ep.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It's actually no different from Wormhole Xtreme in season 6 or Window of Opportunity.

Comment

My family loved it!

Had us laughing so hard in parts.....especially "Punk'd"......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshot
          It's actually no different from Wormhole Xtreme in season 6 or Window of Opportunity.
          I disagree this ep and Wormhole Xtreme were nothing like WoO.

WoO was actually a serious scifi ep that just had some humor. There was nothing fanciful about it. The guest character in the ep tried to start an ancient piece of technology so he could spend time with his dying wife. It was a rather tragic thing. We just had the tradgedy midigated with a lot of good humor while Jack and Teal'c were stuck in the timeloop trying to figure out the problem.

EDIT: nothing fanciful... outside of the normal science fiction stuff that is.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I thought the episode was hilarious. It was entertaining, which is all I can ask for in a television program. Just because an episode doesn't move the main arc forward doesn't mean it is worthless. For example, nothing really changed after The Nox, The Fifth Race, Maternal Instinct, and Absolute Power, yet they were some of the best episodes of the series. There were a few effects, but they were minor at best. Sometimes you can't take it so seriously.

Comment

Nope, Avenger 2.0 still holds that place of "honor" for me.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                I disagree this ep and Wormhole Xtreme were nothing like WoO.

WoO was actually a serious scifi ep that just had some humor. There was nothing fanciful about it. The guest character in the ep tried to start an ancient piece of technology so he could spend time with his dying wife. It was a rather tragic thing. We just the tradgedy midigated with a lot of good humor while Jack and Teal'c were stuck in the timeloop trying to figure out the problem.

EDIT: nothing fanciful... outside of the normal science fiction stuff that is.
                My point was that none of them really moved the storyline.

Comment

I did get all the jokes in the ep, however in my view this ep did not meet the high standard I have enjoyed for 10 years on exellent SG-1 viewing.
                  Anyway Cant wait for next week so that this ep I behind me.

Comment

Uh...I disagree completely.

I better leave now before I say something I'll regret.

Comment

I was disappointed with the 200th episode ,expected more and not just a joke!

Comment

i agree ep100 was better since there was a real story in it
                        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I thought the episode was great, very funny! I dont see why you wouldnt like it, so what if the story didnt move on, that is a good thing. You cant have every episode looking for the Ori Weapon. You still need oddball episodes or exploring ones. Otherwise it gets really boring.
                          Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
                          http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Maggothole X-Treme still has my vote as Worst Episode Ever.

Although, it's perfectly valid for someone to find this episode the worst and no one should be taken to task for it.

Also, there really shouldn't be surprise that there are people who like it. There shouldn't be surprise that there are people who think the exact opposite about the episode than you (in general ) do. We don't share the same brain.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

If you're indeed a die hard Stargate fan, you would see how other fans might see 200 as a great, funny episode. No need to rigged the poll to get 50% of the people to love it.
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
                              X