Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any specs for naquadah generators?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any specs for naquadah generators?

Carter (Amanda Tapping) was using/playing with the Tapwave Zodiac again on tonight's SG-1 episode "Avatar"! Hmmm... I'm thinking she might own one...

Well, I thought it was neat to see the Zodiac used a second time with a naquadah generator! Do you happen to know if any specs/production drawings have been made for the generator? That would be neat to see how TPTB fit the fully-functional Palm OS pda in as a controller. I first saw it used by McKay with the naquadah generator on SGA in "Hide and Seek" (along with just sitting on some boxes in the same episode), and used by Carter in "Zero Hour" as a scanner, and now it was on "Avatar". In one scene, Carter was sitting on the floor with the pda, and could have actually been playing some video game on it, even though it was somehow supposed to be operating the generator. It must have been running a specialized Palm program, like NoviiRemote?!? I think someone should seriously put the SG shows and a Zodiac promotional deal together, since it is used as a cool-looking scifi prop so much!

Well, one link to a thread I made first in the SGA forum with pics of the Zodiac in "Hide and Seek" is here. Or check out the links below:
    http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...ble/zodiac.jpg http://www.f-tp.com/tapwave_zodiac_on_SG-A.avi I just wanted to share this in the general Stargate forum just in case other people might know where some 'technical' drawings of the props are, and also since the generator isn't just on SGA.

And if you're wondering, yep, I own a Zodiac! So it's just neat to see how creative the production design/prop people are in making it fit in as a high-tech prop on the SG shows!
    Last edited by Z_2; 13 August 2004, 11:10 PM.

SGA fans' ages poll

Just watch that ep "Learning Curve." That lil girl makes one.

Comment

Are you sure you don't work for Tapwave? *remembers the gum guy from Clerks*

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
        Just watch that ep "Learning Curve." That lil girl makes one.
        All those paper, drawings, schematics, etc. are now property here at the N.I.D. er...umm that is to say if they ever existed they'd be here with us. If she ever existed, yea, that's what I mean...If there was a girl who drew up these plans for this NG thingy, I'm sure we would know it and own it.

And we never had this conversation

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
        X