Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld Record number of users

Most users ever online was 876, July 15th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
    i say we beat that-lets set a date and time and try to get as many or all users online at once
    it should probubly be a night on a sunday or another day were lots of people are at home but not too late, 8-9PM

how 'bout one month-ish from now- sunady april 1st at 8:30pm (-5 GMT)

Tell your friends, add it to your sig, just get the word out!!
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Sounds good to me
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

great-tell ur friends
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
        i say we beat that-lets set a date and time and try to get as many or all users online at once
        it should probubly be a night on a sunday or another day were lots of people are at home but not too late, 8-9PM

That was the date of last years season premiere of SG1, SGA and BSG. I doubt SG1 season 10 will bring quite the crowd out.

Comment

I think the time is too late. Most of our overseas members will be in bed. How about 1pm Pacific time (-8), most people should be out of Church by then but everyone should still be awake. That's 4pm EST and 9pm GMT.

Comment

We might as well wait untill Season 10 And Season 3 air, there was a simlar discussion last year before the new season started, in the end they didn't go through with it and waited of the start of the season when the record was broken.

Comment

after a recomendation from Darreni am changing the date to directly after Camelot and Allies(season finales, March 10) have aired on the east coast.
              any obections?

Comment

the old record was from the night season 9 and season 2 started

so maybe this july when season 10 and 3 begin the same thing will happen.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

after a recomendation from Darreni am changing the date to directly after Camelot and Allies(season finales, March 10) have aired on the east coast.
                  any obections?
                  What time would that be GMT?
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Most users ever online was 880, Today at 09:42 PM record broken

and the forums are stills going smooth
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 10 March 2006, 06:32 PM.

Comment

woot! go us!

PARTY!!

the count is up to 886 at 7:46pm MST
                      sigpic

Comment

frak ya beer cake pizza heck we have to wait till july till new epsiodes might as well enjoy tonight as much as we can

Most users ever online was 900, Today at 09:47 PM.it's going to keep rising

Comment

I've got 902!
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Congrats guys. Servers are holding nicely thanks to the new ZPM powering them

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X