This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code on Scifi.com

I know what the code is so I went to the scifi.com website. When I hit the link for out takes I was not asked for the code and nothing happened. Can anyone tell me where I am suppose to go?

It's not working for me. *pout* It keeps redirecting me to the Atlantis home page. Only two hours left! Maybe the site couldn't handle the overload.

Anybody out there? *blink* *blink* Has anyone gotten it to work?
    Last edited by sparklegem; 18 August 2006, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Site works for me now. Maybe they were waiting for west coast to see it.

TH:AT warned me they were *******. lol!

Comment

I think it was just getting overloaded earlier. Try again now.

Comment

I made a transcript of the clip, but I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with putting it up because it was just suppose to be a treat for those that watched it live. I do feel bad for the people with dial-up, however, and everyone else that didn't stay up to midnight waiting for it. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow. I don't know about intellectual property regulations, either. Would it be okay? I see transcript of Stargate commercials.

You know, I probably shouldn't have posted this. It's kind of the same as telling Mitchell there was a 30185.

Comment

I tried it before it was time for the episode to start on the West coast (where I am watching it) but it did not show up on the site until after the show started and was quick to play then.
            Weir: He's just a boy!
            Jinto: I am Jinto.
            Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

I know the code, but what was the exact website address again? I keep getting page not found and I am not sure if I just missed it, or I am missing something in the address.

Comment

www.scifi.com/atlantis/code

Although I just checked, it is not working for me now.
                Weir: He's just a boy!
                Jinto: I am Jinto.
                Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Okay so I did have it right, just missed out on it I guess. Silly me for watching the end of the episode first.

Comment

Worked for me. Looks like there going to be some serious shia going down in the mid-season for both shows, hehehehe....

Comment

You know my whole theory about what the code was for was pretty much a pole to see who is watching the show. In light of the suffering ratings, Sci Fi want to see how many people actually care enough to go online and see the extra tid bit. The whole point of ratings is commercials. Depending on how many viewers are drawn in to watch a show is how many viewers (in theory) watch the commercials and advertisements, and how high the ratings are. If no one is watching a show, then they certainly aren't watching the commercials and advertisements. This means no viewers, no ratings, and no point of airing the show anymore. People who Tivo or tape the show likely don't watch the commericals, they fast forward. So though lots of people may be watching the show, they aren't watching the commercials and avertisements. That's why they want you to watch the show live as it airs, rather than on Tivo or on tape, that way you can't fast forward through the prescious commercial money makers the studio and network wants you to see. But heck if you're like me, i just go out of the room and get a drink or use the bathroom during commercials breaks when i watch the show live. Okay, too much information but you get my point. It's how the studio and networks make their money. Sort of like hits on a website dawning advertisements companies pay web hosts to put on their websites. It's all about money. So, in essence, if you weren't watching the show live, you most likely didn't watch the commercials, and you didn't see the special code for the extra tid bit you'd be able to view online. So this is a tool, or pole if you will, that the network and Sci Fi channel can use to see how many people are paying attention to and watching their commercials and advertisements. It's to see why the ratings have dropped slightly and see if they need to continue airing StarGate for the sake of their prescious money they make off of commercial advertisement.

Comment

In other words, they aren't being nice and giving you something extra to look at because they like you. It's all about money.

Comment

The whole thing might actually work if it would actually let people view it. I tried to view it and it wouldn't let me.

Comment

Yeah, I tried it as well when Atlantis finished the first time around here on the west coast, but it showed up as not found. They should of left it up at least for 24 hours so people could actually check it out.

Comment

I think its a crock. I've been trying since they gave out the codeout and I could never get on. Several times I had an error message pop up or page not found.
                              At least I know now not to waste my time next week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X