This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission # 30185 200 spoilers

I noticed that the SG1 gang is giving Mitchell garbage about 30185. Was there really a 30185 and if so what was it?

Comment

Actually it was more likely the "Foothold" event. That event was sealed and erased from the official record. They told him that they went back to 1969, so it can't actually be the mission that was sealed and expunged, else they wouldnt have said that much.

Comment

Personally, I think they were just messing with him. Not just about the 1969 mission, but the whole Mission # 30185 thing too. Just my opinion.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by GDO_Gremlin
          I noticed that the SG1 gang is giving Mitchell garbage about 30185. Was there really a 30185 and if so what was it?
          Ah yes...soon to be another great question raised by TPTB, yet never answered. Is O'Neill Mitchell's father?

Hmmm......

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            Actually it was more likely the "Foothold" event. That event was sealed and erased from the official record. They told him that they went back to 1969, so it can't actually be the mission that was sealed and expunged, else they wouldnt have said that much.
            That's what I was thinking too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LostFurling
              Ah yes...soon to be another great question raised by TPTB, yet never answered. Is O'Neill Mitchell's father?

Hmmm......
              I would say no. We saw Mitchell's Dad in "Collateral Damage" last season.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I would say no. We saw Mitchell's Dad in "Collateral Damage" last season.
                I neglected to consider that ep from last year...I hope this does not linger as an unresolved storyline. I need to rewatch last season's episode and see if there was any "wiggleroom" left by the writers about his father. It seemed if tonight's episode did a good job of wrapping up and discounting the "made up" storylines. This storyline about Jack possibly being Mitchell's father was left unresolved.

Comment

I neglected to consider that ep from last year...I hope this does not linger as an unresolved storyline. I need to rewatch last season's episode and see if there was any "wiggleroom" left by the writers about his father. It seemed if tonight's episode did a good job of wrapping up and discounting the "made up" storylines. This storyline about Jack possibly being Mitchell's father was left unresolved.
                  I'm as sure as I can be that they were just messing with him.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I'm as sure as I can be that they were just messing with him.
                    Me too. It was resolved, especially since O'Neill didn't have sex with anyone in 1969, Sam wouldn't have let him even if he wanted to, what with the whole "not messing with history" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                      Me too. It was resolved, especially since O'Neill didn't have sex with anyone in 1969, Sam wouldn't have let him even if he wanted to, what with the whole "not messing with history" thing.
                      Exactly. They were just messing with him to see his reaction.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

haha, i loved that. i can see the resemblence
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Hmmm......

In the 'live commentary' thread we had going during the first airing, it seemed pretty much agreed that NOTHING we saw during "200" actually happened in the "real" Stargate universe.

The whole thing was a joke, and next week none of what we saw will be counted as having happened.

As for O'Neill being Mitchell's father, it's possible this was also an insider joke refering to something that happened on Browder's previous show FARSCAPE.

The character John Crichton mentioned at one point that he'd lost his virginity at the age of 16 to a girl by the name of Karen Shaw.

Later, they did a time travel episode where the whole cast of characters ended up on Earth, in Crichton's hometown, when he was 16.

The alien girl Amanda represented during 200's Farscape spoof, Chiana (white/gray hair and skin), ended up alone with 16 year old Crichton, and couldn't yet speak English. (It was late October, and he thought her alien looks were a Halloween costume.)

With the two of them trying to communicate with each other and her really BAD attempts at repeating English words, he somehow ended up thinking her name was Karen Shaw.

When FARSCAPE's fans realized that Chiana may have been the girl Crichton lost his virginity to, speculation arose that in a few months, back in the present, Chiana would turn out to be pregnant with the child of 16 year old Crichton. (This was about the same time it was learned Claudia's character was also preggers with Crichton's baby.)

This may have been having a little fun with that, namely, a child being conceived/sired by a time-traveler, with any real contact between the child and parent taking decades to happen.

Chiana never did turn out to be pregnant, by the way. (At least not that we know of.)

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                            She wasn't watching him every single moment. She had to sleep at some point, and they were in the past for a good amount of time, at least several days...

I know it's a joke, and a funny one at that, but it still leaves me with some lingering doubts as to it's seriousness/sillyness.

If I just had the DVD, I'd watch it again and watch for a moment where he could have left the group.
                            Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

foothold there shouldn've had told jonas
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X