Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld 2.0: Official Discussion Thread

Welcome to GateWorld 2.0!

We're rolling out the new site tonight. It's not done yet, though some of you have found your way in through the big, wide-open back door. Thanks for your patience while we dot the last I's and cross the last T's.

Please use this thread to chat about our new look and content. We'll be closing the old GW 2.0 thread, and also creating the official discussion threads for the new interviews very soon.

If you are wondering why the forum looks the same ... well, it will for a while. We hope to freshen it up to better match the new site design before the year is up.

Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Well, as I said in the other thread, the new look is Be-u-ti-ful! You guys really did a job on it.

So, a big, well-earned WELL DONE!! to Wallpaperman, Darren, David, and whoever else contributed without me knowing.

Oh, and lookee! Interviews with Carl Binder and Beau Bridges...

Comment

I like the new look. Very nice work all.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Like I said in another thread on the exact same topic a few minutes ago. It looks fantastic, the episode/season seriously needed to be redone and they look great. Though, in all honesty, updating the site on a night of new episodes seems a little silly, even more so when an extremly hyped episode like 200 was on.
        My new favorite quote:
        "Fly Lucius, fly"
        -Rodney
        My old favorite:
        "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
        -Dr. Lee

Comment

I can't access the updated site. Damn does that suck
          sigpic

Comment

Well, guess I'll say it again... NICE!!! Really cool looking. I was going to suggest something but I just realise you change it so... nothing bad to say
            Drahc
            "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              I can't access the updated site. Damn does that suck
              Going to http://www.gateworld.net doesn't work, you need to go to http://www.gateworld.net/index.shtml to view the site. It's probably something that needs to be fixed.
              Rocky

Comment

First off, GREAT JOB! The Site looks great, here are my comments.

Love:
                -Graphics are AWSOME
                -Episode reviews are much more thourogh, with pictures..etc..
                -New Poll System is cool (not working yet, but will soon...I hope )
                -New Headers are custom made, not just a GateWorld Logo slapped on
                -Advertisements Blend in nicely
                -Everything has its own seperate box, not blended together.

Don't Love
                -When Navigating Episodes, I miss the quick links at the bottom to ther seasons of the series.
                -Forum NEEDS this skin! Im sure the forum will be redone in time.
                -More time to get to what you want. For example, if I wanted to get to Stargate SG-1 Season 7 to browse the episodes. I need to Go Episodes > SG-1 > Season 7 indstead of Drop menu to SG-1 Season 7.

Once again, Good Work!
                Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
                http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I like the new look quite a lot!

In fact the only thing that struck me as inconvenient was the list order of the Seasons, 1 to 10, oldest at the top. I would prefer the order to be the other way, with the newer seasons first, 10 to 1, simply because I'll always have to scroll down the page to get to the latest season info. It's a small thing, I know, but it would be my personal preference. Otherwise, cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Kem Rixen
                    Like I said in another thread on the exact same topic a few minutes ago. It looks fantastic, the episode/season seriously needed to be redone and they look great. Though, in all honesty, updating the site on a night of new episodes seems a little silly, even more so when an extremly hyped episode like 200 was on.
                    explain your reasoning doing it during the 200th episode was brilliant tonight is a huge landmark for Stargate SG-1 & Gateworld .net

Great Job Darren David and Giles ....go get some sleep now
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

it's a official up now
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The new look is fantastic!!
                        When I'm not so tired I look forward to exploring it, but first impressions - classy! It looks so professional (not that the old look didn't, this one just more so!)
                        Great day to do it! And ooh, new interviews!

It looks great! (And so glad you stayed with blue! )

Comment

Does this mean our lips our unsealed now lol? *hates keeping big secrets*

Comment

Great job guys. I finally updated my databases for my palm. I fixed my problem (it worked when I checked my RSS feeds)
                            sigpic

Comment

The new site is looking great.. Very, very nice.
                              "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
                              *Jack holds up three fingers*
                              ------------------------------
                              Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
                              Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Working...
                              X