S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Did anyone else see Alien Vs Predator? I saw it last night and I thought it was great. The battles between Alien and the Predator were awesome. The story was pretty good and you got to know the human characters pretty good. It could of have had a bit more of the Alien and Predators. I like how the scar Predator made friends with Alexa, which follows one of the comic/book storylines. I kinda of thought it was a little stupid how the Predators didnt have their lasers when they came down to the pyramid, but I realize they did this to even the odds a bit with the Aliens. The final battle with the Queen battling Alexa and the Scar Predator was really cool and I like how their was a massive ship of Predators watching the action ala "Predator 2". The ending was clearly setting up a sequel. The movie could have been a little longer (its was 2 hrs) the first hour is a good buildup, good pacing but then it seems to move a little too fast. My only Major complaint is that they seriously speedup the incubation period of an Alien.

Otherwise, I thought it was very good movie and a definate must see for fans of the Alien and Predator movies.

I think that if it was one on one, level playing field, Predator would win hands down. Even if the Alien can see through the cloaking device, its only got animal instinct, Predator has smarts and even smarter guns. Even if the Alien survives that long, Predator has swordblades, and even the Alien calls it quits when its internal organs are forcibly removed.
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

I think a Gou'ld would kick both of their behinds.

Comment

I literally squealed when I found out. :x

Comment

I just saw it, and wow, long movie (imo), but it was worth it. Although i thought it was funky at parts, such as the end-ish part
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

They should have made the movie R rated instead of PG-13 rated. A movie either sells on plot or on blood and gore. Since the plot wise the movie is beyond resucitation, more blood and gore would have made it into a much more entertaining movie.
            Last edited by systemlord; 14 August 2004, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Imo, pg13 was fine for the movie, it showed all it needed to show, and i think it did good without all the gore and gut nasty scenes that it showed in their previous R rated movies. I bet this movie will get bigger box office sales than all the rated R Predator and Alien movies, because more people are allowd to watch it.

Comment

Glad this film is better than what the critics are saying. It's pretty much getting ripped to shreds by the critics. Rotten Tomatoes.com accumulates reviews off of newspapers, tv, the net. So far, out of 38 reviews, only 5 are positive. Hopefully the film will still be successful despite all that.
                Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Another exellent review site: www.mrcranky.com
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

I don't think its the critics matter imo, if a movie does good, its because it was entertaining, although it may not have been entertaining to them.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                      I don't think its the critics matter imo, if a movie does good, its because it was entertaining, although it may not have been entertaining to them.
                      I was very impressed by the movie; it was awesome. I loved the Predator tech (ships, spears, touchpads, and holograms) and thought the whole movie flowed together. It leaves some unanswered questions like why were the predators here in Predator 1 and 2 if they weren't hunting aliens, just humans, which seems lame and not challenging. You got the impression from Pred 1 and 2 that they didn't know a lot about earth. I dunno. I loved the movie. we need more good sci-fi movies out there.

Comment

Yah, i didn't get that either with the whole Predator teaching mankind how to build, and weren't really hunting them, but the Aliens, but maybe secretly, the Aliens were around in the background, haha, just a guess

Comment

Working...
                        X