"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Yes folks.....Andromeda may be cancelled due to the pull out of it's major production company....unless the Sci fi Channel finds another backer.

Well at least Lexa Doig may be free to star on her hubby's (Michael Shanks) show...
    I hope it will be this season, weather Andromeda sees a 5th season or concludes this season.
    Last edited by dec55; 01 May 2004, 07:01 PM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

MS is married to rommie?? Lucky!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yup he sure is....... They got married last summer.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Thats so cool. I know he has guest starred on andromeda before (realy wish i could see the episode) but has she guested on SG-1? i dont remember ever seeing her but i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          Thats so cool. I know he has guest starred on andromeda before (realy wish i could see the episode) but has she guested on SG-1? i dont remember ever seeing her but i could be wrong.
          no, she hasn't. i read somewhere that they were thinking about having her as Reese, but due to some problems with her filming Andromeda at the same time, she couldn't do it. i'm glad she wasn't Reese. lol she's really cool as Rommie. basically the only character in Andromeda that i really enjoy seeing on the show. i wouldn't really care if it got cancelled or not lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            she's really cool as Rommie. basically the only character in Andromeda that i really enjoy seeing on the show. i wouldn't really care if it got cancelled or not lol.
            Hey! What about Harper? I'd much rather see Gordon Michael Woolvett on Stargate than Lexa, and not just because he's cute.

Comment

What about Tyr? He growls you know.

This news is not a surprise - I gave up with Andromeda a long time ago, right about when it became what we all predicted it would: Hercules in Space. It went from being pretty good, if cheesy and moralising to... well, rubbish.

Pity though, I'll miss the whole Tyr/Harper and or Tyr/Beka stuff.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

the show started out with a brillant plot...which sort of spiralled into...squat. "hercules in space" >.<
                My flickr photography.

Comment

Sounds like Mutant X is probably gone for sure, Andromeda is on life support. Here's some articles.

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1358

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/509/509036p1.html

There is apparently litigation over Can West/Fireworks yanking its financial support for Andromeda so who knows what will happen. It would seem unlikely that Scifi would pick up the financial slack....they're pretty heavily committed to Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis. Everything is in limbo at this point..... That has to be difficult for the cast and crew who could be out looking for work if they knew for sure.

While I stopped watching Mutant X after the first season and Andromeda (on a regular basis) after the second season, I know there are still fans of both shows out there and you always hate to see things end like this. I read somewhere that they filmed two different endings for Andromeda's final season 4 episode (because they weren't sure they were coming back for season 5 at the time). I wonder which one they'll show.

I really liked Lexa *and* Gordon Woolvett! Would love to see them show up in guest roles on SG-1 or Atlantis. Heck, if this had happened earlier I think Lexa could have had a good shot at the part of Teyla. She has that exotic look.
                  Last edited by keshou; 02 May 2004, 11:58 AM.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Hey! What about Harper? I'd much rather see Gordon Michael Woolvett on Stargate than Lexa, and not just because he's cute.
                    well, yeah, he's nice too. cute, funny, smart. you don't really see him all that much and i get lost with what he's saying alot (simple minded me, yes), and sometimes he can be a tad bit annoying.

so Rommie and Harper are cool. and together very cute lol.

Comment

Originally posted by angsty_otaku
                      the show started out with a brillant plot...which sort of spiralled into...squat. "hercules in space" >.<
                      hahaha just what i thought from the start. but i kept on watching it... some episodes weren't that bad. whenever i watch Andromeda, i yell at the tv for Dylan to die, and i predict who he's gonna sleep with lol.

last night on Andromeda there was Dan Shea (Sgt. Siler) on for about... 3 or 4 minutes. he said a few things, killed some guy, got his ass kicked, took a hostage, then ran away, got shot out an airlock. he lasted longer then the last time i saw him on an episode. he was a guard in one episode and said 4 or 5 words then got his ass kicked.

also a while ago i turned on Andromeda and i saw Peter Deluise and Ann-Marie Loder together. they were playing these locals who helped them out. they were saying goodbye and Peter and Ann were all kissy and lovey dove. it was sweet.

also in the episode last night there was that guy who played that mean Jaffa who was hitting Teal'c in Redemption pt 1 or 2. or both... probably saw someone else, but i forget lol.

Comment

i hadn't heard about it dying now, although i know next season was to be its last anyway.

andromeda stared out horrible (the crew were so cheesy it was a relief when they were all killed off in the premiere), then got better...then once tyr left, yep it turned into hercules in space, aka that kevin sorbo adoration society.

it's become very hit and miss and, to me, much worse with tyr gone and replaced by a cheap immitation of iolaus.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Harper is the best part of Andromeda.

Comment

Andromeda has always been kind of a take it or leave it show for me. It's one of those shows that if I'm home I'll watch it but I won't go out of my way to see it and I don't set my VCR or anything. I mostly watched it because I loved Tyr and Harper but then Try left and now there's one less reason to watch that show.

I have to make an exception to what I just wrote to say that I did go out of my way to watch the episodes that Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, and James Marsters appeared in. James Marsters...mmm...uh yeah, anyway that man even looks good with a shaved head but I digress.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i hadn't heard about it dying now, although i know next season was to be its last anyway.

andromeda stared out horrible (the crew were so cheesy it was a relief when they were all killed off in the premiere), then got better...then once tyr left, yep it turned into hercules in space, aka that kevin sorbo adoration society.

it's become very hit and miss and, to me, much worse with tyr gone and replaced by a cheap immitation of iolaus.
                              When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....

Comment

Working...
                              X